US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud has gorgeous dimples and he is a well spoken young man in his interview
Yes we all know Golf outside tennis is his passion'

Reactions: Hailz

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I just saw a photo of Moutet doing 'push ups' at the back of the court in his match against Ruud? lol!
It worked anyway 'cos I had him in a double with Ruud to win and both players to win a set. Wasn't looking good after the first 2 sets but players often have a 3rd set lull or the losing player starts to play much better. Just need Khachanov to beat PCB now and he should. Owns him in the outdoor hard court stats. Only took 2 sets off him out of 11 on outdoor hard court. The bookies have priced PCB based on his Montreal title but that says nothing about h2h match ups and he has a serious issue against Khachanov.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It worked anyway 'cos I had him in a double with Ruud to win and both players to win a set. Wasn't looking good after the first 2 sets but players often have a 3rd set lull or the losing player starts to play much better. Just need Khachanov to beat PCB now and he should. Owns him in the outdoor hard court stats. Never took a set off him on outdoor hard court.
I have never seen a player doing push ups on a tennis court especially in a match lol! I glad it worked out well for you
Are you taking a wager on the Meddy v Nick K match at all?

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I have never seen a player doing push ups on a tennis court especially in a match lol! I glad it worked out well for you
If I have started school already, I would have liked to make a wager with my teachers that if Nick wins the match then I don't have to do any homework for a month. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I reckon Medvedev should win in best of 5 but it's really anyone's guess and he's just as likely to lose the plot and tank if things aren't going his way as Kyrgios is so I only backed both players to win a set to bump up odds on a double to make it a treble but it lost 'cos I had Berrettini to win 3-1 after he lost set 1 and he won in 5. Was going to pick over games but set betting 3-1 had better odds.

Treble was for Berrettini to win 3-1, Kyrgios and Medvedev to both win a set and Khachanov to win but Matteo let me down. Rest of that should win. It was only for €5 anyway :D I've 5 others pending, some for 5 and some for 10 but good payouts if they win. Kudermetova should beat Jabeur too so both her and Khachanov have a lot to do with my bets coming in later. Jabeur is again priced as the favourite based on her ranking but she's never beaten Kudermetova and never even taken a set off her. 3-0 straight set h2h to Kudermetova. She may win a set this time but I doubt she beats her but of course anything can happen. Likewise PCB has only won 2 sets out of 11 against Khachanov on outdoor hard court and that may change today but do I see him winning 3 ? No.

I've €5 on Khachanov to win 3-0 and Kudermetova to win and get back €78.75 if that comes in. Not sure he'll win in 3 but it's worth a punt for those odds and it's only a fiver! Others simply have him to win without set betting. No more betting big to win small after RG final this year although I'd do that again if Nadal faces another guy like Ruud who he'd easily beat. RG final would be the exception there. First class ticket to brokesville usually though betting big to win small. If bets like this come in though it's great for such a small stake.

Last edited:
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
I reckon Medvedev should win in best of 5 but it's really anyone's guess and he's just as likely to lose the plot and tank if things aren't going his way as Kyrgios is so I only backed both players to win a set to bump up odds on a double to make it a treble but it lost 'cos I had Berrettini to win 3-1 after he lost set 1 and he won in 5. Was going to pick over games but set betting 3-1 had better odds.

Treble was for Berrettini to win 3-1, Kyrgios and Medvedev to both win a set and Khachanov to win but Matteo let me down. Rest of that should win. It was only for €5 anyway :D I've 5 others pending, some for 5 and some for 10 but good payouts if they win. Kudermetova should beat Jabeur too so both her and Khachanov have a lot to do with my bets coming in later. Jabeur is again priced as the favourite based on her ranking but she's never beaten Kudermetova and never even taken a set off her. 3-0 straight set h2h to Kudermetova. She may win a set this time but I doubt she beats her but of course anything can happen. Likewise PCB has never won a set against Khachanov on outdoor hard court and that may change today but do I see him winning 3 ? No.
I don't know what kind of currency that is, but you seem to know your betting. I had no idea you could even bet on tennis really. Little do I know. I am also not old enough to do that sort of stuff anyway and I also don't have any money either. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Sure why not put down a small one. I'm putting €5 on a 4 match accumulator for the following:

€5 gets back €92.98 at 18.6 odds. There are better bookies around and you can find better but I'm fine with this.

Medvedev to win and both players to win a set
Khachanov to win against Carreno Busta
Kudermetova to win against Jabeur
Samsonova to win against Tomljanovic

OR

Same €5 but more risk with set betting on Samsonova to win 2-0 so

Medvedev to win and both players to win a set
Khachanov to win against Carreno Busta
Kudermetova to win against Jabeur
Samsonova to win 2-0 against Tomljanovic (She should win anyway and with the emotional letdown from beating Serena Williams I think this is worth taking for 2-0 better odds).

This gets you €132.83 at odds of 26.57. Went with the bigger one but maybe I'll do both. If they both win then great and both lose it's only €10.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Not the ideal start there for Khachanov! Beyond lame on return too.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Too much slop from Khachanov and his poor opening service game was all it took to lose the opening set.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Been watching the tennis, but not posting...just otherwise distracted. Haven't caught up with this thread, but thrilled Berrettini won, however likewise thrilled that Foki made a good showing of himself. He's the future. Sorry about the injury and hope it's nothing significant.

I'd like to be happy for LL Moutet getting so far, but he seems to be kind of a jerk. Am I too harsh? Rooting for Carreño Busta, and he looks about to take the first set. EDIT: He just did.

And I'd like to see Kyrgios take Medvedev. I hope that one goes 5, anyway.

Reactions: Hailz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Too much slop from Khachanov and his poor opening service game was all it took to lose the opening set.
KK is too much of a ball basher for my liking he needs to play percentage tennis more, though I doubt at times he dosent know what that means lol!

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At least we have an all hottie QF between Matteo and Casper. If the tennis isn’t pretty at least they both are nice to see on the telly.
Both good guys, I think. Casper says he wants to try to get through his career without throwing a racquet. But Matteo is the stronger on HCs, and I hope he prevails. I have him in my draw challenge getting through.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Been watching the tennis, but not posting...just otherwise distracted. Haven't caught up with this thread, but thrilled Berrettini won, however likewise thrilled that Foki made a good showing of himself. He's the future. Sorry about the injury and hope it's nothing significant.

I'd like to be happy for LL Moutet getting so far, but he seems to be kind of a jerk. Am I too harsh? Rooting for Carreño Busta, and he looks about to take the first set. EDIT: He just did.

And I'd like to see Kyrgios take Medvedev. I hope that one goes 5, anyway.
One thing I know Moutet can do push ups lol! he was doing them at the back of the court in his match....go figure lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
KK is too much of a ball basher for my liking he needs to play percentage tennis more, though I doubt at times he dosent know what that means lol!
Agreed. KK is tall and hits the ball hard, and that seems to be his MO. Beyond that, I rarely see strategy from him. PCB should beat him.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
He's the epitome of a ball basher alright but he's had PCB's number up to now, especially on outdoor hard court. Early days yet so we'll see how it goes. I won't be staying up more than another hour with work tomorrow. I have both to win a set and over games also on other bets as insurance as well anyway in case he doesn't win. The stats aren't in PCB's favour though.

https://www.atptour.com/en/players/atp-head-2-head/p.-carreno-busta-vs-k.-khachanov/cd85/ke29

Status
Not open for further replies.