US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For the life of me I don't understand why they aren't starting some of these matches on the scheduled times. Nadal and Gasquet were schedule on Arthur Ashe at 7:00 p.m. it is now almost 7:45 p.m. and the match hasn't started. There is no other match going on at this time on Arthur Ashe and what really doesn't make sense is this just pushes back the Danielle Collins and Alize Cornet match even later which is scheduled after the Nadal & Gasquet match. I don't get it.
No, they started essentially on time. It's 7:53 now, and 4-0 Nadal in the first. You TV not showing it?

Reactions: Hailz

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
No, they started essentially on time. It's 7:53 now, and 4-0 Nadal in the first. You TV not showing it?
Thanks, I finally found it. it was listed under Primetime at the US Open and not as Nadal vs. Gasquet.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal wins the first 6-0. If Gasquet is going to channel his inner Vitas Geralitis, ("Nobody beats Vitas Geralitis 17 times in a row...") then he's got his work cut out for him.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal wins the first 6-0. If Gasquet is going to channel his inner Vitas Geralitis, ("Nobody beats Vitas Geralitis 17 times in a row...") then he's got his work cut out for him.

I flipped back to the Pliskova and Bencic match. The Nadal and Gasquet match seems to easy.
Nothing is easy for Rafa these days lol! he needs to stay away from bouncing racquets for starters

• Haha
Reactions: Hailz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First 8 games to Rafa. Gasquet yet to get on the board. Anyone catch a view of Grosjean in Gasquet's box? He is unrecognizable. Enjoying too much French wine, looks like.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In other news: Cilic Evans looks tight. Anyone watching that one?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First 8 games to Rafa. Gasquet yet to get on the board. Anyone catch a view of Grosjean in Gasquet's box? He is unrecognizable. Enjoying too much French wine, looks like.
Indeed I had to take a double glance and yes I now have my glasses on lol!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
For the life of me I don't understand why they aren't starting some of these matches on the scheduled times. Nadal and Gasquet were schedule on Arthur Ashe at 7:00 p.m. it is now almost 7:45 p.m. and the match hasn't started. There is no other match going on at this time on Arthur Ashe and what really doesn't make sense is this just pushes back the Danielle Collins and Alize Cornet match even later which is scheduled after the Nadal & Gasquet match. I don't get it.

Concessions! The longer they wait, the more time they have to sell overpriced snacks, liquor, novelties, and other tennis junk! :yawningface: :shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.