The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Iona16 said:
1972Murat said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Just to mention, Robredo got through in straights.

Robredo v Dan Evans next. I think Dan's run may come to an end. I hope not.

Iona, do you follow Evans? What's his game like? I have never watched him, I think...

I try to keep an eye on all the British players. I've mostly seen Dan in Davis Cup matches - on TV and live. He plays mostly challenger tournaments but you might have seen him at Queen's or Wimbledon. This is the first slam where he has played qualifying and progressed.

He's regarded by the LTA as naturally gifted with quick hands. It's his poor work ethic which has hampered him in the past. He seems to have put that behind him. I'm glad he's playing well.

Dan said today that he tried to practice with Tomic in Miami but Bernard's dad said he "wasn't good enough."

Dan's practiced with Andy and he hit with Federer yesterday. Perhaps he should just stick to asking the big boys in future.

That is just cold. Bernie's dad is a headcase if I ever saw one...

I am glad he is getting his stuff together. "Poor work ethic" is just so unacceptable when you see how hard the guys at the top work, even though they have accomplished so much...:nono

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Iona16 said:
1972Murat said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:
Just to mention, Robredo got through in straights.

Robredo v Dan Evans next. I think Dan's run may come to an end. I hope not.

Iona, do you follow Evans? What's his game like? I have never watched him, I think...

I try to keep an eye on all the British players. I've mostly seen Dan in Davis Cup matches - on TV and live. He plays mostly challenger tournaments but you might have seen him at Queen's or Wimbledon. This is the first slam where he has played qualifying and progressed.

He's regarded by the LTA as naturally gifted with quick hands. It's his poor work ethic which has hampered him in the past. He seems to have put that behind him. I'm glad he's playing well.

Dan said today that he tried to practice with Tomic in Miami but Bernard's dad said he "wasn't good enough."

Dan's practiced with Andy and he hit with Federer yesterday. Perhaps he should just stick to asking the big boys in future.

That is just cold. Bernie's dad is a headcase if I ever saw one...

I am glad he is getting his stuff together. "Poor work ethic" is just so unacceptable when you see how hard the guys at the top work, even though they have accomplished so much...:nono

Tomic Senior is pure trash. Pathetic. He has no business being around pro tennis.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Isner just wasted a set point because he did not trust his overhead...Why???

Forget it...Monfils refuses to pass the service line. He is going down. Ten years and nobody can talk any sense into this guy.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner really moved great to take that first set and played smart tennis at the net. Well-done.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Dutra Silva! Down boy...! Do not upset the man ...Good point .

he can smack all the forehands he wants...this is 2, 2, and 2...then out for some paella.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Isner really moved great to take that first set and played smart tennis at the net. Well-done.

Isner is destroying. Up a break in the 2nd already!

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Moxie629 said:

Isner is destroying. Up a break in the 2nd already!

Drama King is up to his usual antics.:laydownlaughing this could get interesting.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
2nd set goes to big john. He seems to be finally playing the early rounds like he is thinking about taking down a big scalp.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
US Open is the only tournament I know that has ball MEN as opposed to boys...I keep seeing guys with male pattern baldness. :puzzled

Isner loses an ace because he has no more challenges left . Sux. Gael knows the serve was in...His look was priceless...:)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Isner out of challenges and got a bad call. Monfils tried to give it to him, but John didn't take it. Maybe it IS still a gentleman's game.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Aw, you gotta get up for Monfils, man!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Moxie629 said:

Sure, but highest ranked American player is playing in his home tournament...and the crowd is cheering when he misses a first serve?:huh:

Unfortunately he has the charisma of a mountain goat and they are probably cheering when he misses a first serve as they want to watch a little tennis rather than Boom,Boom,Boom,Boom. Game Isner.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Moxie629 said:

Sure, but highest ranked American player is playing in his home tournament...and the crowd is cheering when he misses a first serve?:huh:

He shouldn't get a pass with the crowd just because he's a US player. We know Monfils is charismatic. John shouldn't expect it; he's trying to earn it, and that's so much the better.