US Open Day 4: Thursday, August 29 - Order of Play

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Luxilon Borg said:
1972Murat said:
Unbelievable running forehand DTL from Milos...Pete like. He is up 2 sets .

"Running" and "Milos" in the same sentence is odd. Maybe hunched hog nose has been doing sprints. :D

I am telling you man, the guy is working hard.;)

I don't doubt it. His main issue is court positioning and nerves. Those are big hurdles.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just to mention, Robredo got through in straights.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:

Robredo v Dan Evans next. I think Dan's run may come to an end. I hope not.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal's US Open kit this year is awesome. I kinda wish he wore all black like Federer did in 2007 and 2009.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
Nadal's US Open kit this year is awesome. I kinda wish he wore all black like Federer did in 2007 and 2009.

Besides that his forehand is just vicious tonight. This is going to be merciless.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:

Since we've opened the notion of fashion, I don't like the all-gray. It makes him disappear. More black or more electric colors, but not so much neutral that you just disappear. Hopefully his tennis will be more aggressive than this dull outfit.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:

Since we've opened the notion of fashion, I don't like the all-gray. It makes him disappear. More black or more electric colors, but not so much neutral that you just disappear. Hopefully his tennis will be more aggressive than this dull outfit.

Rafa dull? Never.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:

No grunting tonight. Shows it is totally unnecessary.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:

Turn up your speakers, dude. He's grunting. OK, the young Brazilian might not be worth a grunt at every shot. :cool:

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:

Turn up your speakers, dude. He's grunting. OK, the young Brazilian might not be worth a grunt at every shot. :cool:

C'mon man, he usually SHRIEKS on every shot when he is in the mood.

None the less..it seemed "close" but 30 minutes later it is a 6-2 routine set.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:

That zit on Rafa's face is more of a concern to him than Dutra Silva.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:

Robredo v Dan Evans next. I think Dan's run may come to an end. I hope not.

Iona, do you follow Evans? What's his game like? I have never watched him, I think...

I try to keep an eye on all the British players. I've mostly seen Dan in Davis Cup matches - on TV and live. He plays mostly challenger tournaments but you might have seen him at Queen's or Wimbledon. This is the first slam where he has played qualifying and progressed.

He's regarded by the LTA as naturally gifted with quick hands. It's his poor work ethic which has hampered him in the past. He seems to have put that behind him. I'm glad he's playing well.

Dan said today that he tried to practice with Tomic in Miami but Bernard's dad said he "wasn't good enough."

Dan has trained with Andy and he hit with Federer yesterday. Perhaps he should just stick to asking the big boys in future.

------
I can't stay awake for Rafa but I don't think I need to worry. Enjoy Rafa fans.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Well done Milos. He looked the best I have seen him in ages.

Now I want to catch some Isner-LeMonf action.

Yah. I think LeMonf can take this deep and pull it out if he is not hurt.