US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I must comment that I prefer 'live draw's than draws like the USO coming out all at once, ( revealed at once) it kind of takes the excitement of seeing who gets who in first round matches etc.
Of course some people saying when it is not Live it is rigged LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I have done Sinners , Djokovic and Alcaraz projected paths to the finals

Sinner,
R1 McDonald
R2 Michelsen/Q
R3 Jarry/Wawrinka
R4 Paul/Fils
QF Tsitsipas/FAA
SF Alcaraz/Medvedev
F Djokovic/Zverev

Djokovic
R1 Q
R2 Struff/Djere
R3 Popyrin
R4 Shelton/Tiafoe
QF Rublev/Dimitrov
SF Zverev/Ruud/Rune
F Sinner /Alcaraz/Medvedev

Alcaraz
R1 Q
R2 Shapo/Zanschulp
R3 Draper
R4 Korda/Tabilo
QF Hurkacz/De Minaur
SF Sinner/Medvedev
F Djokovic/Zverev
Cheers for that! Rounds 2, 3 and 4 for Djokovic are imo far, far harder than those of the other 2.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cheers for that! Rounds 2, 3 and 4 for Djokovic are imo far, far harder than those of the other 2.
Yes Fronty though remember it is on paper and anything can happen as we have seen in the past
I think out of the 3 of them Alcaraz has a favorable draw, let see if he can put that dreadful match against Monfils behind him at Cinncy, for the USO

Last edited:
Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes Fronty though remember it is on paper and anything can happen as we have seen in the past
I think out of the 3 of them Alcaraz has a favorable draw, let see if he can put that dreadful match against Monfils behind him at Cinncy, for the USO
Alcaraz definitely has the easiest one alright. QF projected opponents have both had recent injuries and surgery in Hurkacz' case.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Cheers for that! Rounds 2, 3 and 4 for Djokovic are IMO far, far harder than those of the other 2.

Looks tough, but not sure Novak'll care! I hope he gets to 4th round to have a rematch w/ Shelton! "Hang up the phone!" After OGM all else is inconsequential IMO! The top of the draw has quite a few dangerous players, but not sure how motivated Novak will be to even get anywhere in NY to taking #25! I'd still take his draw as #2 seed over Jannik who has it tough up top as #1! :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::pleading-face::thinking-face:

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am watching the qualie match between Fonsceca vs Spizzirri a 22 yo American
Spizzirri won the 1st set 76(8) was serving for the 2nd set at 5-3 broken and then it went to a TB for the 2nd set which Fonseca won 76(5)
Spizzirri about to serve for the match again in the 3rd set 5-4
Spizzirri wins the match against Fonsceca 76(8) 67(5) 64
A really good battle between the 2 players, it was a Thriller!
Bad luck to Fonsceca
Spizzirri gets into the main draw at the USO on debut!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Top Half of the draw will play on Tuesday ( Sinner, Alcaraz, Medvedev)

Bottom half of the draw will start on Monday ( Djokovic, Zverev, Ruud , Rune)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks tough, but not sure Novak'll care! I hope he gets to 4th round to have a rematch w/ Shelton! "Hang up the phone!" After OGM all else is inconsequential IMO! The top of the draw has quite a few dangerous players, but not sure how motivated Novak will be to even get anywhere in NY to taking #25! I'd still take his draw as #2 seed over Jannik who has it tough up top as #1! :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::astonished-face::pleading-face::thinking-face:
Not expecting Jannik to win the USO with his current headlines on his mind regardless.

Reactions: tossip and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wasn't expecting Charlie to win 3 in a row regardless of what's happening w/ Bean's mindset these days
Well the Bean won Cinncy with what was going on, still I would not dismiss him, he battled past players not playing his best tennis till the final
BTW I didnt mean to call him the Bean! Keli your having a bad influence on me lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Greek Davis Cup Captain Dimitris Hatzinikolaou is coaching Tsitsipas inside Ashe tonight. It appears he'll be first to take the reigns post Apostolos, at least temporarily

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djere played Novak very close the last time they met here. Not sure where Struff is right now or his chances in best of 5. Popyrin in round 3 will be fun to watch. Shelton or Tiafoe in round 4? His match against Shelton was pretty straightforward last year. Tiafoe gave him trouble in Oz back in 2021.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djere played Novak very close the last time they met here. Not sure where Struff is right now or his chances in best of 5. Popyrin in round 3 will be fun to watch. Shelton or Tiafoe in round 4? His match against Shelton was pretty straightforward last year. Tiafoe gave him trouble in Oz back in 2021.

OCO; you know better than that! The match w/ Djere was a Serbian Nat'l exhibition choreographed by Novak! Laslo is his compatriot & teammate! He wasn't going to embarrass him and got his lone workout as the only 2 sets lost was in this match! Any experienced player can make a match look competitive! The scores alone should show how Nole was in control wiping out a 2 set to LUV deficit with back to back 6-1 sets before closing it out in 5, 6-3! LD probably won't get past Struff! :face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::yawningface::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens Doubles Wild Cards,
Tristan Boyer and Emillio Nava
Robert Cash and JJ Tracy
Nikita F;lin and Alex Razeghi
Christian Harris and Vasil Kirkiv
Mitchell Krueger and Reese Staider
Alex Michelsen and McKenzie McDonald
Ryan Seggerman and Patrick Trhac

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
LD probably won't get past Struff!
I like Djere and he’s probably underperformed when you see his potential and what he’s actually achieved. I disagree with your opinion that their match was choreographed. The guy stepped up to give his best against a national hero. Good on him. And I agree that Struff will probably be the victor in that match.