US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I posted this. See the translation below by @Jelenafan
Great, thanks for that! His missus beside him prolly changed her number soon as he left. Zverev confused things by calling it the “Most famous Hitler quote there is.”

The Guardian quotes Zverev as saying;

After the match, Zverev clarified what he had heard. “He started singing the anthem of Hitler that was back in the day,” Zverev said. “It was ‘Deutschland über alles’ and it was a bit too much.

Deutschland Uber Alles is still the German National anthem. It’s not impossible that Zverev suffered a blond moment…

:thinking-face:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Meddy isn't gonna act a clown today unless the umpire piss him off...as for the big hair dude his panties can get too tight for him at times

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting enough Rune, Shelton, and Sinner are like the Ferrer, Tsonga and Berdych of this generation.

The difference is that there no Big 3 or 4 from preventing the trio (Rune, Shelton, and Sinner) to win 2-3 slams, if they continue to develop throughout their career.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s shocking the poor level of journalism these days. Tennis.com is also reporting the same story without pointing out that the German National anthem is not only not a Hitler phrase - let alone the most famous one there is - but that it predates the Nazi rise to power.

Very low level stuff all round. I hope the ejected fan gets compensated by the tournament too..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It’s shocking the poor level of journalism these days. Tennis.com is also reporting the same story without pointing out that the German National anthem is not only not a Hitler phrase - let alone the most famous one there is - but that it predates the Nazi rise to power.

Very low level stuff all round. I hope the ejected fan gets compensated by the tournament too..
Is it possible Zed heard something in addition to the song that set him off? I would hope he would know his own country's anthem!

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Is it possible Zed heard something in addition to the song that set him off? I would hope he would know his own country's anthem!

Tennis players aren’t exactly the brightest minds out there.

From an interview with Federer:

Q. The experience comes from yourself or some experts like Dr. Freud?

ROGER FEDERER: Don't know him. Who is he?

Q. He was an expert from psychology.

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know.

Q. He was a Swiss, too.

ROGER FEDERER: Is that right? Nope, never needed him.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
These are some fantastic rallies..still not as hard and fast as the balls Sinner vs Zverev

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You would hope that, wouldn’t you? He didn’t mention anything else, so he basically openly admitted he’s an idiot, by citing his national anthem as “the most famous Hitler phrase there is…”

:facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: tented and kskate2

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev is going to be a different prospect in a USO semi than he was at Wimbledon. If he faces young Chaz, this could be a barn burner. Of course, if he wins the semi, he loses the final in straights..

Status
Not open for further replies.