Upset Corner - Wimbledon 2019 Edition.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I project only one upset tomorrow. That will be in the second match on Center Court.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, of course. But isn't that really more of wishful thinking than a prediction? What about Kukushkin over Struff? More interesting call.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I project only one upset tomorrow. That will be in the second match on Center Court.
Maybe the only one upset could be the third match on Center Court but it would be embarrassing having such a easy draw, everything can happen :finger:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe the only one upset could be the third match on Center Court but it would be embarrassing having such a easy draw, everything can happen :finger:
Pouille, really? I don't think so. He's a head-case. Though maybe Berrettini, if he gets that far. Just young and surprising enough. Our Rafa has made it through his "murderer's row" this far, and I don't think Tsonga is much of a threat...plus, Cilic is out. Keep the faith, chiquita.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pouille, really? I don't think so. He's a head-case. Though maybe Berrettini, if he gets that far. Just young and surprising enough. Our Rafa has made it through his "murderer's row" this far, and I don't think Tsonga is much of a threat...plus, Cilic is out. Keep the faith, chiquita.
I do! :yesyes:

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Glad Goffin pulled off a win in 5 sets. He picked up in form right in time. He is a good guy, very much down to earth.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, of course. But isn't that really more of wishful thinking than a prediction? .

No, not really. I wished Nick took Rafa off also, but did not project it (as I thought it won't happen).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, not really. I wished Nick took Rafa off also, but did not project it (as I thought it won't happen).
Oh, come on. You spend most of your forum life around here trolling around Rafa for when he might lose and salivating over every next possibility. Funny of you to be so coy about when you "project" it, and when you spend so much time just hoping for it.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
young promising Umbert beat FAA, really good for him

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
F3 sent home as well by mysterious Sundgren, who once in a while has a deep run in a slam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I hope this helps to show you how much of an alternate reality your hatred has put you in. But I know it won’t.

Reactions: Carol and Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Only 6 of the 16 seeds who were supposed to reach R16 actually reached R16, leading to a conversion ratio of 37.5%. I think this must have been a low in men's tennis in the recent past.

Of the six, three are in Fed's quarter and the other three are distributed one each in the other three quarters.

Reactions: Fiero425

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Waiting to see dull's name in this thread ASAP although I wouldn't call it an "upset".

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Only 6 of the 16 seeds who were supposed to reach R16 actually reached R16, leading to a conversion ratio of 37.5%. I think this must have been a low in men's tennis in the recent past.

Of the six, three are in Fed's quarter and the other three are distributed one each in the other three quarters.

I say about time! It's been happening with the ladies for the last couple seasons with 10 different #1's emerging! The top men are holding on, but the players nipping at their heels are struggling with the next wave! Pressures build, bodies not as responsive, non-stop travel, & even with a staff, it has to be daunting to stay within shooting distance of Fedalovic! It's really nothing new when some players have a lot of success, pull in fans, but even with all their potential, they can't sustain it due to injury or just forgetting what got them into the top 10 in the 1st place! We got a bit of it in 2017 with Fedal reestablishing themselves at the top of the rankings, but by YE, neither influenced the YEC! That continued even with Djokovic matching them in 2018, but the NG exerted themselves again taking late Masters and the YEC! I was so hoping Nole would take record from Fed, but he had his chances; esp. in that final against Murray which determined the YE #1 ranking in '16! He's allowed too many finals to slip away! You can't win them all, but we get spoiled by excellence and our expectations have been justifiably raised by Fedalovic! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Last edited:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
One of the quarters, where the top seeds were Anderson and Zverev has been opened up nicely.
The 4 players left here are: Raonic, Pella, RBA and Paire.
One if them will be a semifinalist. The only one who was there before is Milos. For the other 3 would be unchartered territory.
I hope Milos pulls through.