"The Andy Murray Problem"

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
sid said:
Cake walk for Andy only lost 2 games in match.
next.

So sid, what are your comments NOW about "next" :rolleyes:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Same thing happened last year at Wimbledon. Crushes unknown Blaz Rola and then loses a pretty one sided match to Dimitrov. Can't gauge form beating nobodies prior to a big match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
Same thing happened last year at Wimbledon. Crushes unknown Blaz Rola and then loses a pretty one sided match to Dimitrov. Can't gauge form beating nobodies prior to a big match.

I'll keep saying, he's shortening his career with the idiotic way he plays and practices! Getting into routine 3 hour wars with players has to have a long lasting and devastating affect on someone and no one does it more than Murray, Nadal, and the rest of the Spanish Armada! Ferrer's held up fairly well, but it still has only gotten him to 2 major finals and a handful of Masters wins! Murray has to be feeling it; physically and mentally! None of these guys will last as long as Roger! :angel: :dodgy:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
According to l'Equipe, Andy should hire Bjorkman in his team. Why not trying ?

A

auto-pilot

Fiero425 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
...And Andy just got crushed by Coric.

Sorry to have missed that! Didn't Coric beat Nadal last year? It'd not like he's unknown these days! :nono :puzzled :angel:

That was when Nadal was putting off the appendix surgery.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

I'll keep saying, he's shortening his career with the idiotic way he plays and practices! Getting into routine 3 hour wars with players has to have a long lasting and devastating affect on someone and no one does it more than Murray, Nadal, and the rest of the Spanish Armada! Ferrer's held up fairly well, but it still has only gotten him to 2 major finals and a handful of Masters wins! Murray has to be feeling it; physically and mentally! None of these guys will last as long as Roger! :angel: :dodgy:

I thought Ferrer had only been in one slam final? RG? Has he been in 2?

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
Fiero425 said:
Front242 said:

Also, I'm not quite sure if "1" qualifies as a "handful" (although yes, it usually takes even two hands to lift the Paris-Bercy Trophy).

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
johnsteinbeck said:
federberg said:
Fiero425 said:

Also, I'm not quite sure if "1" qualifies as a "handful" (although yes, it usually takes even two hands to lift the Paris-Bercy Trophy).

:clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy violated Bro Code apparently by exposing that Inglot had a girl on the side in his postmatch
press interview. :nono

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
johnsteinbeck said:
federberg said:
Fiero425 said:

I guess I expected more from David! I thought he had made an AO final when he upset Nadal! He must have made some Masters' finals but didn't win any since I can't stand watching him play! :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Andy violated Bro Code apparently by exposing that Inglot had a girl on the side in his postmatch
press interview. :nono

What an idiot! I wouldn't find it funny and Murray would be looking for new teeth if someone else less understanding! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2986426/Andy-Murray-s-comment-having-girlfriend-Glasgow-just-banter-went-wrong-insists-Davis-Cup-team-mate-Dominic-Inglot.html - Found this if you want "READ ALL ABOUT" how stupid Andy can be! :nono :cover :popcorn

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is a quote from a recent news article.

"Murray said last week that his poor recent performances in tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai, where he was eliminated in the quarterfinals, were because Mauresmo was occupied with Fed Cup coaching duties with her native France. Mauresmo is only committed to Murray for 25 weeks per year."

So, Murray is blaming lack of coach for his recent losses. Come on grow up. You are two time Slam
winner.

Great Hands

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
This seems to have become a 'let's criticize and pick apart every little thing that Andy Murray says and does' thread. Not nice. :nono
There isn't a thread like this for any other player. I could start one, but that would just be petty.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
^ dear lord, i thought you were kidding us with that, but it's out there on the AP. if he really said that, or anything remotely close to that...

i'm sorry - i love the guy, for some reason - but the "Andy Murray problem" is just that: Andy Murray.

A

auto-pilot

He probably said it because people have been negative about Mauresmo's employment.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Here is a quote from a recent news article.

"Murray said last week that his poor recent performances in tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai, where he was eliminated in the quarterfinals, were because Mauresmo was occupied with Fed Cup coaching duties with her native France. Mauresmo is only committed to Murray for 25 weeks per year."

So, Murray is blaming lack of coach for his recent losses. Come on grow up. You are two time Slam
winner.

That's probably why he wants Bjorkman in his team

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He's playing well in IW, won his first set against Canadian, Pospisil quite easily 6-1, but got all bent out of shape with a foot fault call against him! He loses his serve, then smacks his racket on the ground! This guy needs some serious mental help! :nono :puzzled :cover :angel: :dodgy: