Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Serious issue. The story about Benjamin Mendy a footballer who played at an extremely high level for one of the biggest clubs in the world. And then his life was destroyed.

I don't mind admitting it, the number of allegations against him were such that we all thought.. there's no smoke without fire. He had to be guilty. But then...

All allegations against him been disproven in a court of law.

It's blown my mind. I feel sick that I immediately judged him guilty. After all false accusers wouldn't just gang up against an individual like this would they? Maybe one or two but he had to have done something right? He's lost 2 years of his life. He plays for no club now. The amount of money he's had to spend to defend himself, I don't think he has anything left.

My question is, when are the false accusers going to be held accountable. I used to find the argument that accusers needed to be protected compelling. But what happens when accusations are malicious. Should there really be no consequence for this? Serious question?

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
what did I miss? What plot?
Probably this:

Charlize Theron reportedly reveals her daughter, 7, is transgender

Her daughter Jackson, 7, was assigned male at birth but revealed she’s a girl four years ago, Theron said, according to an interview published Thursday in the Daily Mail.
“I thought she was a boy, too,” Theron, 43, reportedly said in the interview. “Until she looked at me at 3 years old and said, ‘I am not a boy!’”

3 years old!

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
oh ffs...

So the original was true then? For at least one of the kids? She goes in the same box as Dwayne Wade then. Child abuse in my view..
Absolutely. Mixed in with a white savour narrative. A 3 year old can’t even properly spell their own name, but they can make a lifetime choice regarding their gender? Fecking Hollywood is a den of sickos…

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Serious issue. The story about Benjamin Mendy a footballer who played at an extremely high level for one of the biggest clubs in the world. And then his life was destroyed.

I don't mind admitting it, the number of allegations against him were such that we all thought.. there's no smoke without fire. He had to be guilty. But then...

All allegations against him been disproven in a court of law.

It's blown my mind. I feel sick that I immediately judged him guilty. After all false accusers wouldn't just gang up against an individual like this would they? Maybe one or two but he had to have done something right? He's lost 2 years of his life. He plays for no club now. The amount of money he's had to spend to defend himself, I don't think he has anything left.

My question is, when are the false accusers going to be held accountable. I used to find the argument that accusers needed to be protected compelling. But what happens when accusations are malicious. Should there really be no consequence for this? Serious question?

And of course, his club should take him back. He’ll be out of shape now because they obviously had to suspend him during the trial, but they owe him too, no? He had a contract..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
And of course, his club should take him back. He’ll be out of shape now because they obviously had to suspend him during the trial, but they owe him too, no? He had a contract..
I think they paid out his contract. Even if he gets a new club, and I hope he does, he's lost 2 years of his life. 2 years of his sporting prime! And the false accusers can just move on with no consequence. It's intolerable

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think they paid out his contract. Even if he gets a new club, and I hope he does, he's lost 2 years of his life. 2 years of his sporting prime! And the false accusers can just move on with no consequence. It's intolerable
It’s totally unjust. I wonder if he publicly named them, would they sue? And if they did, could he turn tables on them? I don’t think I could keep quiet..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s totally unjust. I wonder if he publicly named them, would they sue? And if they did, could he turn tables on them? I don’t think I could keep quiet..
I don't think it would be wise for him to do it. But society has to look at this and form conclusions. The assumptions which underpin these situations are breaking down before our eyes. Whether we're looking at celebrity situations like this, or family courts (where women freely use accusations of abuse to their advantage... see Alice Evans vs Ioan Gruffudd), 'believe all women' is just enabling bad actors. This has to made socially unacceptable at the very least if not criminally liable...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Because it’s that time of day again, here’s Douglas Murray kicking nonsense in the balls..

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_0188.jpeg

Isn’t this good news! Who would be insane enough to hire trouble?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I almost put this in the BS thread but this isn’t funny

FFS, “those assumptions create harm for an already marginalised population?”

These are the creeps who think questions are more violent than raping and mutilating little children? They think language is violence but punching a woman in the face because she’s not insane is okay?

People like her typical of the mental illness of the left that’s going mainstream…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Lord have mercy...:astonished-face:

In 2017 for instance, a testing firm called DNA Clinics analysed 5,000 results selected randomly from between January 2014 and June 2016 and found that almost half of UK men who took a paternity test turned out not to be the real father.

• Wow
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is an excellent discussion of trans women in women’s sports, definitely worth taking seriously considering the guest, Sharron Davies, won Olympic medals. Needless to say, she has a lot to say about this issue, and raises several points I either had never considered before, or didn’t know about. She has also done a lot of medical research to back up what she says, so it’s not an opinion piece. It would be nice if @Moxie would watch this, and give her thoughts on it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Very interesting brief clip from a discussion about affirmative action, with Glenn Loury and John McWhorter.

“That’s a feature, not a bug, of affirmative action, that when you come in you’re going to be behind your peers. That’s by definition.”

Reactions: tented
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540