Roland Garros, Paris, France, WTA GRAND SLAM

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shelby had set points in the first, but Garbiñe dug in a pulled it out. I really like her commitment. Great run by Rogers, though, and she kept herself in the second as long as she could. I'm liking both of these women for their mentality...and their tennis, of course.
Rogers must be the surprise package of the tournament.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Two Quarter Finals today

Serena Williams (USA) [1] vs. Yulia Putintseva (KAZ)
Kiki Bertens (NED) vs. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) [8]

I'm picking Serena in straight sets and Timea in 3 hard fought sets - Kiki is having a great run.

Who've you got?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Garbiñe has everything to be a Champion but she needs to control a little more her nerves which seems she does already
Talking about the semis she says: "Playing the semis in Wimbledon helped me to open my eyes and to learn what I did good and bad, it was a good experience which helps me to be better prepared for this semis"

Last edited:

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Two Quarter Finals today

Serena Williams (USA) [1] vs. Yulia Putintseva (KAZ)
Kiki Bertens (NED) vs. Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) [8]

I'm picking Serena in straight sets and Timea in 3 hard fought sets - Kiki is having a great run.

Who've you got?

I was so sure that Timea would win. Shocked!

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
IVe been following bertens for a while now and im positively surprised. I pickled her to reach the QF and she has a great game for this tournament.

If physical issues don't hold her back she has a chance tomorrow but her leg is an issue. Hope she wins, happy she finally got her head under control.

Reactions: Moxie

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
IVe been following bertens for a while now and im positively surprised. I pickled her to reach the QF and she has a great game for this tournament.

If physical issues don't hold her back she has a chance tomorrow but her leg is an issue. Hope she wins, happy she finally got her head under control.

I couldn't keep her straight from some of the other women. She and Shelby Rogers actually favor a lot. But, I really like her game and will be watching her in the future. She's a smart player; good luck to her.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My WTA bracket was terrible. I was next to last when I checked and I did actually take a bit of care making the picks. :cry:

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
My WTA bracket was terrible. I was next to last when I checked and I did actually take a bit of care making the picks. :cry:

It's been a crazy tournament. I can't believe the upsets, withdrawals, etc.; especially in the early rounds. Oh well, on to Wimbledon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena a set down but 4-2 up.

When Serena was down on her serve at 4-4 to Putintseva, it was a real nail-biter. I thought she might be out. But she pulled herself up to her full power. However, young Putintseva was a revelation. And I was shocked by how tiny she was, when they shook hands at the net. She's got a lot of game.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena should win but stange gut feeling says Kiki.

I think Garbine beats Sam in three tough sets.

Who are your picks?

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena should win but stange gut feeling says Kiki.

I think Garbine beats Sam in three tough sets.

Who are your picks?

I think Garbine gets by Sam too, but there's always Sam's experience and the fact that she has already beat Serena in a major, so she won't be intimidated, but I'm going with Garbine because she's playing really well.

Serena almost gave me a dang heart attack today and she seems to be freezing up as she gets closer to the finish line. I like Kiki's game though, and whoever wins it; deserves it.

Best of luck to them all.

Reactions: britbox

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My heart says Sam I was live at RG in 2010 when Sam defeated Serena and Henin on the way to the final,where she just 'froze' in the final against Fran,though Fran deserved her title,I picked Garbine to make the final
Serena to win against Kiki..

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Bertens leg will take her out, if not I think she is going to pull off the upset. I recommend watching their encounter at the us open last year.

Muguruza in three.