Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hingis could be spoilt a bit, but her tennis was a joy to watch for such a lady of small stature.
I never forgot what she did to my idol Steff at RG that time when she refused to come to the ceremony, her mother had to make her come out on court, she was not a good sportswoman and carried on like a spoilt brat

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG Jazz did it 63 61 over the Teen Queen, playing flawless tennis, soo proud of you Jazz!
Well done and you deserved your place in the final
Jazz Forza!

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I wish we could replay the last 2/3 of the 1990s with Seles never getting stabbed and Capriati never self-destructing. I'm pretty sure Steffi never gets to 22 slams, she may probably never catch Navratilova/Evert at 18. Seles probably approaches Steffi/Navratilova/Evert's slam totals, and Capriati wins at least 12.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I was not a fan of Hingis, but I have watched Henin on clay at RG live, she was just wonderful to watch that Bhand was a thing of beauty
yes Henin in my opinion was better than Iga presently on clay

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
^ oh, I recall that. But I did like her tennis.
Hingis was a magnificent ball strike and technician. Hingis was a competitor being a sore loser isnt anything WRONG in my book. Think about all the hours of training, practicing, sleepless nights with traveling and scheduling. NoOne should be grateful to loose a match.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
yes Henin in my opinion was better than Iga presently on clay
Hmm well Iga is the 3rd woman to reach 3 straight RG finals since Henin, Sharapova, so if Iga can win her 3rd title I would put her up with Henin also Iga has a better winning stat at RG than Henin, Iga is 34-2 that is just Sic

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have tears in my eyes Jazz you did it, you really did it
Soo proud of you! and that smile that just lights up Chatrier!
I am so happy for Jasmine ,and Lindsay went very quiet in the second set because she was going on and on about how good Mirra is.Paolini is having the year of her life and everyone has their moment in the sun...this year is yours babygirl.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am so happy for Jasmine ,and Lindsay went very quiet in the second set because she was going on and on about how good Mirra is.Paolini is having the year of her life and everyone has their moment in the sun...this year is yours babygirl.
After winning that WTA1000 title this year, Jazz has improved out of sight, she has the variety in her game,being small in stature in ways does not go against her, yes if she was taller her serve would be better, she likes to play aggressive and takes the ball on early
Jazz is also in the doubles QF as well, she is having a wonderful tournament

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
After winning that WTA1000 title this year, Jazz has improved out of sight, she has the variety in her game,being small in stature in ways does not go against her, yes if she was taller her serve would be better, she likes to play aggressive and takes the ball on early
Jazz is also in the doubles QF as well, she is having a wonderful tournament
yes..One thing that I like about Jasmine is that she is enjoying her tennis,and that is great to see in a sea of grumpy overpaid players.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least Coco doesnt have to deal with seeing Iga before the finals of a tournament anytime soon. I'm surprised that she didnt come out with a game plan similar to Oska's play last week.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least Coco doesnt have to deal with seeing Iga before the finals of a tournament anytime soon. I'm surprised that she didnt come out with a game plan similar to Oska's play last week.
Coco hasnt got the tools that Osaka has, Coco needs to improve her fhand for starters, it let her down big time in the SF and her serve? at 46% is not going to make it, Osaka can hit flat and hard into Iga's fhand wing with results, Coco cant and Osaka has a better and more reliable serve than Coco at present

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco hasnt got the tools that Osaka has, Coco needs to improve her fhand for starters, it let her down big time in the SF and her serve? at 46% is not going to make it, Osaka can hit flat and hard into Iga's fhand wing with results, Coco cant and Osaka has a better and more reliable serve than Coco at present
question MM.. Why does Coco needs Brad? If she isnt developing her game to the level Osaka's game is, what does he provide for Coco? Sasha B would be better for her game.