Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I have to back my Italian Jasmine , she has improved so much this year, winning a WTA1000 title and making her 1st SF of a major, she might be small in stature, she has the variety in her game and likes to take the ball 'on' when she can, aggressive mind set.
Teen Queen has come on in leaps and bounds since she and Martinez hooked up

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Okay I have to back my Italian Jasmine , she has improved so much this year, winning a WTA1000 title and making her 1st SF of a major, she might be small in stature, she has the variety in her game and likes to take the ball 'on' when she can, aggressive mind set.
I am also rooting for Paolini too..so far she is ahead of the brat...6-3

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
just dont see anything hingislike about Mirra.Hingis was a tennis genius who was ran out because of power tennis.
Hingis just took advantage of an opening between the Graf/Seles era and the Williams sisters/Clijsters/Henin era. Capriati really should have been the dominant player of 1994-1999, but shit happens.

Mirra reminds me more of an early 90s Seles than Hingis.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hingis just took advantage of an opening between the Graf/Seles era and the Williams sisters/Clijsters/Henin era. Capriati really should have been the dominant player of 1994-1999, but shit happens.

Oh please Mirra is nowhere an early version of Seles, the kid is talented she has a long way to go before anyone compares her to Moncia

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Baby face moves so well but can be a bit careless on her FH.. This one may still go 3 sets

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Jaz lets consolidate the break
Teen Queen over hitting at present and is costing her, needs to play more 'controlled aggression"

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

PE.. I dont think Martina Hingis took advantage of the " opening" it was just her time. Martina totally dominated her era with the exception of Jenny C who really was given too many "gifts" by the bias officiating IMO. Hingis was nearly unbeatable in women's doubles. @tossip Tossip is correct. "Hingis was a tennis genius who was ran out because of power tennis."

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Come on Jaz leading 4-1 in the 2nd set
Lets put this one to bed and make your first GS final
Jasmine Forza!
My Italians are having a wonderful tournament so far at RG this year
Mens Italian making the doubles final, Sinner in the SF and Jaz can make the womens final Forza Italy!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Loved watching Hingis and Henin after her.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hingis could be spoilt a bit, but her tennis was a joy to watch for such a lady of small stature.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Come on Jaz leading 4-1 in the 2nd set
Lets put this one to bed and make your first GS final
Jasmine Forza!
My Italians are having a wonderful tournament so far at RG this year
Mens Italian making the doubles final, Sinner in the SF and Jaz can make the womens final Forza Italy!
The Baby Faced Italian is so fundamentally sound. Everything is text book.

• Love
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer