Roland Garros Day 9: Monday, June 2 - Order of Play

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just tuned in, this poor kid. This is a flogging.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Remember back in the days when Nadal fans would moan about Roger getting a cupcake draw? :snigger

Lajovic started to appear in slams only this year, it is his first RG and his second overall.
At the AO he reached the second round, but being in R4 against Rafa is a totally unexpected event for him.
He already earned more money this week than in his whole year to date.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
He looks like he has potential though. This is a brutal lesson, but if he wants/ can improve it's a necessary pill he has to swallow now

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Remember back in the days when Nadal fans would moan about Roger getting a cupcake draw? :snigger

Remember when every Nadal draw at the French Open is a cupcake draw since he's a virtual lock to make the final, regardless of opponents? ;)

PS: He's actually got the most difficult quarter final out of anyone, so there's that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
federberg said:

Remember when every Nadal draw at the French Open is a cupcake draw since he's a virtual lock to make the final, regardless of opponents? ;)

PS: He's actually got the most difficult quarter final out of anyone, so there's that.

I was actually only teasing BS. The way I see it.. peak Roger/Novak/Rafa are going to mow down all before them. To those guys the draws just something to get thru :)

But I'm glad to see I reeled one of you fellas in!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:

Not so much, though we still hear about some of Nadal's. :cool: Remember this round was supposed to be more likely against Haas or Delbonis. And I don't think the Djokovic fans wanted Stan in his half. The more 'cupcake' draw would have had Federer on Nadal's side. ;)

R

Rose

Rafa had a "cupcake" Match, but I don't like the look of that tape on his back! Especially when the next guy up is David who I also like.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So, the real tournament starts on Wednesday for Nadal. He's had pretty easy matches against one handed backhand opponents for the most part. He's looking decent from behind the baseline, but the serving/back injury (I only lump them together because he said one is a result of the other) is worrying, especially given that he'll need his serve against Ferrer and, later on, Novak.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:
Rafa had a "cupcake" Match, but I don't like the look of that tape on his back! Especially when the next guy up is David who I also like.

If David takes advantage of rafa diminutive serves, he will have serious chance. Not by an stretch a favorite, but could much less straight forward than last year's final.

R

Rose

I don't know if Andy can pull out his Match today after all the unnecessary IMHO time on court in his last Match?

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lookat them..both in yellow shirts and black shorts and white caps. what idiocy.

I hate vernando fiasco, he looks like a strange horse that has eaten some fertiliser and gone a bit mental.

R

Rose

I do wish players would try to have on different colors. But I don't feel about Nando like you do!

Another star :D

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GGL is getting abused on Chatrier. Le Monf up 6-0 6-2 2-2