Roland Garros - Day 9, Monday June 1 - Order of Play

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My Frontier buddies, I am heading out tonight to Europe. I will not be on line much there, but I will watch RG nonetheless.

I wish everyone to enjoy the rest of the event and hope to have my Nolfans smiling with me on Wednesday night like this
:D

Cheers

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
My Frontier buddies, I am heading out tonight to Europe. I will not be on line much there, but I will watch RG nonetheless.

I wish everyone to enjoy the rest of the event and hope to have my Nolfans smiling with me on Wednesday night like this

Cheers

Enjoy herios. Hoping you get the result you're looking for :D

tented

Administrator
Reactions
herios said:

Cheers

Have fun, Herios!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
So, we have 7 of the 8 folks who are supposed to reach QF actually reaching it.
I actually had 7 of 8 in my picks as well. But, I threw the wrong guy, Stan the Man,
under the bus.

In WTA it is 2 or 3 of 8, depending up on the last remaining result.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
I see that Nadal dropped a set vs Sock. Yeah, yeah prepare the party and all that. It was good while it lasted Rafa...

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8hvMwTXLAw[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAYW1ofS77w[/video]

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:

Cheers

Will be thinking of you if/when Nole hoists that (much bitten) trophy Sunday! Cheers brother!!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Nadal needs a drastic improvement in his serving (which won't happen) before we entertain the possibility of him beating Novak. If he serves well it will be a match, naturally, but Novak will ultimately prevail.

Hey Gents, if I recall, we had this same conclusion that was reached by the two of you during last year's final. (Tented can you roll back the threads , lol to check). If you noticed , I said last year Rafa would win and check out Darth's latest post on the poll . He is a betting man and he Never places his bet with heart, he picked Rafa .

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Morning to everyone on the wrong side of the planet! So while I was recharging, Sock played somewhat well against Nadal and Djokovic easily sets up the biggest quarterfinal of a Grand Slam since...ever.

R4
N Djokovic (SRB) (1) bt R Gasquet (FRA) (20) 6-1, 6-2, 6-3
R Federer (SUI) (2) bt G Monfils (FRA) (13) 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
A Murray (GBR) (3) bt J Chardy (FRA) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
R Nadal (ESP) (6) bt J Sock (USA) 6-3, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2
D Ferrer (ESP) (7) bt M Cilic (CRO) (9) 6-2, 6-2, 6-4

So the quarterfinals are set! The only one of the top eight not to make the final eight is No. 4 seed Bedych, who had not missed a single quarterfinal this year. But Tsonga is a more than worthy replacement.

2015%20FO%20QF_zpsftdumk1d.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Incidentaly, this is the first time Berdych got his own quarter. But, he could not win it.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Incidentaly, this is the first time Berdych got his own quarter. But, he could not win it.

Can't blame him for losing to a red-hot Tsonga who was playing in front of a home crowd though.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Look at Sock! If he can put together some decent singles runs he can definitely have a seeding for the US Open. He just made the cut so far for seedings with Wimbledon, so if he can maintain that and pick up some points before Wimbledon, then he can secure that seeding for sure hopefully. It would be good to see him get his ranking where he has the potential to start making QF, SF, etc. of tournaments. He needs to work on that backhand a bit and the serve a touch and he could make a nice foil at some of these events.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Can't blame him for losing to a red-hot Tsonga who was playing in front of a home crowd though.

This is somewhat true. I can blame him for his crappy performance though. There is no shame in losing to Tsonga because he is great, but the way he lost was terrible.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Kirijax said:
GameSetAndMath said:

This is somewhat true. I can blame him for his crappy performance though. There is no shame in losing to Tsonga because he is great, but the way he lost was terrible.

I think he was injured. Tomas has had a great first 5 months of the season, might have overplayed.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Sundaymorningguy said:
Kirijax said:

I think he was injured. Tomas has had a great first 5 months of the season, might have overplayed.

I hope he's more tired and not injured. But what he isn't, really, is a firebrand, which Tsonga is. Berdy is (mostly) steady and skilled and tall. But he rarely wins by playing inspired tennis, if you ask me. I don't find anything thrilling about his game, though he has a lot of fans around here. (Oh, and yes, he did play with focus and commitment to beat Nadal at the AO this year.)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Look at Sock! If he can put together some decent singles runs he can definitely have a seeding for the US Open. He just made the cut so far for seedings with Wimbledon, so if he can maintain that and pick up some points before Wimbledon, then he can secure that seeding for sure hopefully. It would be good to see him get his ranking where he has the potential to start making QF, SF, etc. of tournaments. He needs to work on that backhand a bit and the serve a touch and he could make a nice foil at some of these events.

He does not necessarily have to pick the points before Wimbledon to get seeding for USO.
Even though the entry list is decided six weeks before, the seedings get decided only a week before USO. So, he is almost sure to get seeded at USO.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

He does not necessarily have to pick the points before Wimbledon to get seeding for USO.
Even though the entry list is decided six weeks before, the seedings get decided only a week before USO. So, he is almost sure to get seeded at USO.

Well he is sitting at #31 right now before Wimbledon, so I am unsure what the people below him in ranking have in terms of potential to move up before Wimbledon. He has a nice first serve, so hopefully he can make some noise on grass. Make a QF or better in a tourney before Wimbledon to secure he gets seeded before Wimbledon. I am positive he can secure a seeding before the US Open though as long as he stays healthy and motivated.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gasquet at the present is more ready to play the 500 tournaments than the MS and of course less the GS, word! :nono :cry :cover