kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Ernie breaks and takes the et 6-2. Now up 2 sets to 1 on Fed

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The only positive to this and the Rome disasters is that Roger will be plenty fresh for Wimbledon. That's when his season really starts now anyways.

The Sampras Protocol. ?.

Cheers

TM

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The only positive to this and the Rome disasters is that Roger will be plenty fresh for Wimbledon. That's when his season really starts now anyways.

Has he already lost this match? I know my feed is a tad behind but didn't think it was that much.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
I've never rooted for Fed in a match till today...don't let this guy win Fed. No one needs to hear more press conference drivel.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
DarthFed said:

Has he already lost this match? I know my feed is a tad behind but didn't think it was that much.

;)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
DarthFed said:

Being a fan of Ernest, knowing how despite his improvement he still gets distracted, it ain't over yet.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Back from holiday and cheerful for my boys: Nole, Milos and Fernando all in;)
While there roasting my skin, I was able to watch some tennis live on the Spanish ESPN, especially because the mosquitos kept me more awake than I wanted to...
Great event so far!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
golds girl said:
I've never rooted for Fed in a match till today...don't let this guy win Fed. No one needs to hear more press conference drivel.

Incidentally, there was a pretty funny quote from Federer when he was asked to respond to Gulbis's quote that he (and the rest of the top 4) conducted boring press conferences. He retorted with "When he has to do 100 press conferences a year, let me know how you keep it interesting."

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:

Being a fan of Ernest, knowing how despite his improvement he still gets distracted, it ain't over yet.
You're right. Definitely not over. But not real good signs from Fed that he's capable of sustaining high level of play for meaningful length of time. And even a five set win won't help his endurance for the next round.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Back from holiday and cheerful for my boys: Nole, Milos and Fernando all in;)
While there roasting my skin, I was able to watch some tennis live on the Spanish ESPN, especially because the mosquitos kept me more awake than I wanted to...
Great event so far!

Welcome back herios!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
He's got to make him believe he'll be hitting a ton of forehands from now until the end. Summon his inner Rafa

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:
DarthFed said:

Exactly. While Ernie this year is a treat more than usual, and also Roger in recent slams he usually falls apart in the long matches, he still has to stay mentally strong and not fell a victim to his own demons.
But I sense that the Latvian eagle is a different animal this year and starts to fulfill his long talked potential.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gulbis's funky head starts to show up. Break to Fed.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Found a good stream just in time to see Roger break.

This is where the theory of Roger losing the edge is going to be tested , no? How bad does he want this? Does he need the pain of the 5 setter? I mean he can just go home, practice a bit on grass, enjoy the family...

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Big match for Milos today, he has never been in a QF in a major to date and he starts in a spectacular fashion 3-0 in the first set.
I think he is a fan of granola bars!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Found a good stream just in time to see Roger break.

This is where the theory of Roger losing the edge is going to be tested , no? How bad does he want this? Does he need the pain of the 5 setter? I mean he can just go home, practice a bit on grass, enjoy the family...

He lost the "edge" some time ago IMO... but he's playing a guy who never had the "edge" in the first place.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fed breaks again 5-2. Now the trainer is out there for Ernie. He leaves the court