Roland Garros Day 2: Monday, May 26 - Order of Play

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
What is happening to Popsicle? Why the huge dip in form? If he is hurt or something, why is he playing?:(

Such a nice kid too...

He got braces and the Orthodontist tightened the wires too tightly.

Seriously, didn't he have a back injury that kept him out of action for a while??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
Kirijax said:
Wow. What a HUGE disappointment by Nishikori. aka Mr. Glass.

And he's totally messed up my draw. :mad: I thought Klizan would but tough, but what I saw, he looked great. But that is a big disappointment for Kei. There was a fair amount of attention on him going into RG.

Back injury in Madrid, heading into the most grueling of the Slams? That's almost as bad as voting Potato Starch for your WC. :snigger

Djokovic had a wrist injury that made him skip Madrid, and nobody thinks it's weird picking him to win or make the finals. ;)

Prolly cause he spanked the Bull in Rome?? ;)

As Kei was in Madrid…still a double-standard, friend. :laydownlaughing

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
And he's totally messed up my draw. :mad: I thought Klizan would but tough, but what I saw, he looked great. But that is a big disappointment for Kei. There was a fair amount of attention on him going into RG.

Back injury in Madrid, heading into the most grueling of the Slams? That's almost as bad as voting Potato Starch for your WC. :snigger

Djokovic had a wrist injury that made him skip Madrid, and nobody thinks it's weird picking him to win or make the finals. ;)

Not at all. I've been saying all along that Kei's frame is anything but sturdy and that his career would be littered with injuries. :)

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anybody following the benneteau scoreline, coming back two sets down, up a break now in the fourth.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Anybody following the benneteau scoreline, coming back two sets down, up a break now in the fourth.

Really? Good for him... and the French. I'm watching Ralf drubbing Robbie at the moment. Doubt they will switch us over to Benneteau.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Riotbeard said:

Really? Good for him... and the French. I'm watching Ralf drubbing Robbie at the moment. Doubt they will switch us over to Benneteau.

It's a weird score. 1-6, 2-6, 6-1, 2-1.

He must have just been playing awful and then woke up. He is playing the qualifier Facundo Bagnis.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:
nehmeth said:

Not at all. I've been saying all along that Kei's frame is anything but sturdy and that his career would be littered with injuries. :)

Yeah not really a double standard, because since Novak's injury, we had gotten to see whether he was really 100%. Hadn't had that luxury with Kei.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gulbis starts with a nice poop in the bead. Already broken.

The Ginepri match seems like one of those, where if he had held that first time, it might of been entertaining, now rafa is just running away with it.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
I honestly don't think writing this was a good idea.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/social/blogs/2014-05-26/201405261401109765129.html

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Even if he had held, I'm pretty sure Ralf would still run away with it. :)

Agreed, anybody wondering why they put this on Lenglen...

At least, Stan and Novak were facing players in the top 50 with strong clay pedigrees.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Benneteau levels it, taking the fourth 6-3.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
nehmeth said:
Even if he had held, I'm pretty sure Ralf would still run away with it. :)

Agreed, anybody wondering why they put this on Lenglen...

At least, Stan and Novak were facing players in the top 50 with strong clay pedigrees.

Robbie eats the bagel. Half a step slower and no real weaponry to challenge Rafa.

huntingyou

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rafa's position returning second serves makes me want to puke.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
1972Murat said:
I think they should have put Rafa's match on Ash, so nobody would see it and it would save Ginepri the embarrassment of a triple bagel.

I take it back...no triple bagel.

It is all strategy. If Rafa triple bagels him, then next year he will find him in Court #17
for the opening act.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I hope, for Rafa's sake, that he doesn't plan on serving like this for the rest of this tournament. But then again, this has been the way he's been serving since the AO, so I don't expect it to magically change.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
huntingyou said:
Rafa's position returning second serves makes me want to puke.

It's not good.

Serve percentage is 55%. Even though he won 86% of them, there really isn't much pop there.