Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
oh wait, so a talented player would back up good tournament after good tournament, like Ferrer used to do...…..definitely a talent.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kyrgios loosing early after winning last week like I need a break here man and Coric saving 2 match points and winning in 3rd set TB like I can't win a match any other way man. Nothing really new these days.

edit: and Cecchinato be like I can't beat anybody since Rome, that's 3 months now man. I don't know how victory feels like anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
I highly doubt if we're going to see physically and mentally tough guys like Djokovic, Federer and Nadal anymore. These guys made it a routine to cruise through every draw to the last 4 and this is a different kind of breed you need to be able to do this. Resilience of next level.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Ratfucker is benefitting from rain delays again I see.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Evans disappeared after 6:4 lead in TB

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’m glad that Evans has given to Rafa a tough time, he needs that to get better form after his vacations

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m glad that Evans has given to Rafa a tough time, he needs that to get better form after his vacations

I predicted it would be a tough match and the scoreline was always going to be close as Evans is pretty good. Haven't been able to watch any of it but Evans reaching set point first proves that. Lucky escape for Nadal there.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I predicted it would be a tough match and the scoreline was always going to be close as Evans is pretty good. Haven't been able to watch any of it but Evans reaching set point first proves that. Lucky escape for Nadal there.
You were right that he could trouble Rafa. It was a good match, and Evans kept it very tight. Rafa did sneak out the first one. I'm inclined to think that Rafa would have won in 3, had it gone that way. Worth remembering that this was Rafa's first match on HC in many months, whereas Evans has 2 matches in Canada and played DC last week, so it's not surprising that Nadal started a bit slow. But credit to you for spotting a tough match up for Nadal.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A beautiful city like Montreal deserves a beautiful champion like Rafa. :clap: Let's all pray for that to happen again in 2019. :good:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You were right that he could trouble Rafa. It was a good match, and Evans kept it very tight. Rafa did sneak out the first one. I'm inclined to think that Rafa would have won in 3, had it gone that way. Worth remembering that this was Rafa's first match on HC in many months, whereas Evans has 2 matches in Canada and played DC last week, so it's not surprising that Nadal started a bit slow. But credit to you for spotting a tough match up for Nadal.
Moxie..I am surprised that you bought into his rhetoric..Rafa always plays the early rounds at less than top speed unless it's a top 20 player unless it's a former top ten player like JoWillieTs.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie..I am surprised that you bought into his rhetoric..Rafa always plays the early rounds at less than top speed unless it's a top 20 player unless it's a former top ten player like JoWillieTs.
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that Front called a tough match. Who won? Rafa. Moving on.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A beautiful city like Montreal deserves a beautiful champion like Rafa. :clap: Let's all pray for that to happen again in 2019. :good:
Our champion doesn't believe that God, if there is one, weighs in on tennis matches. He has said so. Let us all Nadal fans hope for him to win it, but leave the praying to folks that really need it, shall we? There are plenty of folks who could use your spiritual beneficence. Tennis is just a sport.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Tits follows on the footsteps of Nick by exiting early.

The next genners have a long way to achieve consistency.

Reactions: Fiero425