DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is such ugly tennis, Nadal just playing like this is the clay of RG

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
A very fitting end to that match. Wow does Cilic blow. God damn peasant just playing clay court tennis

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
That is the problem. Need to keep up the level as long as needed. Cilic could not do it and this is not the first time.

I also remember another match of Cilic against Novak in IW or M, where Cilic was in zone and won the first set in an one sided manner and then faded away.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hate Rafa no matter what but nothing more infuriating than him winning a match off clay by just keeping the ball in play. Cilic just flat out imploded, made it easy on Rafa.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
That is the problem. Need to keep up the level as long as needed. Cilic could not do it and this is not the first time.

I also remember another match of Cilic against Novak in IW or M, where Cilic was in zone and won the first set in an one sided manner and then faded away.

This isn't only a problem with Cilic. It is a feature of the second tier over the last decade; or rather, it is a quality of the Holy Trinity - that they can almost always find a way to win, even if they're not able to bring their A game.

Reactions: DarthFed

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
There are two ways to win a point:
1) Hit a winner
2) Get your opponent to hit an error

Both work, both are equally valid, even if your personal preference is for one over the other. Rafa is better at 2. Not sure what is "pathetic" about that.

Reactions: Moxie

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Today's result is the reason why Djokovic needs to fire on all cylinders and Federer needs to get back his early 2017 form because otherwise this utterly repulsive topspin monkey who has completely destroyed this game will ruin it beyond repair. Mowgli has completely ruined the tennis watching experience. He makes the game look so fucking ugly with his negative, anti tennis and tennis is a sport where that's actually tough to do.

Just imagine if Djokovic hadn't arrived in 2011, what this moonballer would've done to tennis. Sickening shit if you ask me.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Today's result is the reason why Djokovic needs to fire on all cylinders and Federer needs to get back his early 2017 form because otherwise this utterly repulsive topspin monkey who has completely destroyed this game will ruin it beyond repair. Mowgli has completely ruined the tennis watching experience. He makes the game look so fucking ugly with his negative, anti tennis and tennis is a sport where that's actually tough to do.

Just imagine if Djokovic hadn't arrived in 2011, what this moonballer would've done to tennis. Sickening shit if you ask me.

c54d81e9e54d6d674e48e58a70e0b1152186ac2e8f8f69a02f8ec013210a6b3e.jpg

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
arrogant dulltards are another reason why this moonballing monkey needs to be banned from tennis forever and take his illiterate tards with him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There are two ways to win a point:
1) Hit a winner
2) Get your opponent to hit an error

Both work, both are equally valid, even if your personal preference is for one over the other. Rafa is better at 2. Not sure what is "pathetic" about that.

To win off clay with less than 5 winners a set is pathetic on the guy who lost it. Nadal just played the role of ball machine with his clay court game. Cilic gave that match away like it was cake.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
To win off clay with less than 5 winners a set is pathetic on the guy who lost it. Nadal just played the role of ball machine with his clay court game. Cilic gave that match away like it was cake.

Perhaps against a mere mortal. But we're talking about Nadal--one of the very greatest players of all time, and arguably the greatest defender--to whom losing is never "pathetic."

I mean, how many times have you complained about a random player's "pathetic" performance against Rafa? Eventually the weight of evidence has to add up and realize that the common factor is, well, Rafa himself. So clearly he has something to do with all of these players playing pathetically against him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cilic's level at the beginning was the best I've seen him play. But he's an old folder. Some of you guys are pretty rude, though...and wrong and ignorant. And Roger's not even playing. Speaking of "pathetic..."

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Perhaps against a mere mortal. But we're talking about Nadal--one of the very greatest players of all time, and arguably the greatest defender--to whom losing is never "pathetic."

I mean, how many times have you complained about a random player's "pathetic" performance against Rafa? Eventually the weight of evidence has to add up and realize that the common factor is, well, Rafa himself. So clearly he has something to do with all of these players playing pathetically against him.

So you don't think the end of the last two sets were pathetic? You can keep playing diplomat all you want, we know it suits you. I call a spade a spade, I'm not always on here complaining people suck vs Nadal. But yes, tonight Cilic was pretty pathetic after the first set.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Cilic's level at the beginning was the best I've seen him play. But he's an old folder. Some of you guys are pretty rude, though...and wrong and ignorant. And Roger's not even playing. Speaking of "pathetic..."

He has played like that often, Rafa just wasn't defending like normal. Once the defense stepped up Marin's level dropped quickly. I don't see how we are being rude by the way. We just don't prefer Nadal :D

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
So you don't think the end of the last two sets were pathetic? You can keep playing diplomat all you want, we know it suits you. I call a spade a spade, I'm not always on here complaining people suck vs Nadal. But yes, tonight Cilic was pretty pathetic after the first set.

I didn't watch the match. But you're missing my point, which is that Rafa has something to do with why the Cilics of the world collapse against him. It isn't just random, and you refuse to give Rafa credit.