Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djokovic in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Lose the drop shot or lose the match or just lose anyway.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Doesn't help him that the match started a lot later than expected as the court is playing slower and slower now.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Avoids the bagel at least but score is still fugly.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
time to break and end this set on positive note with 6:3 and regroup for 2nd set

Reactions: napo

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You want to take away my hope? Never! :)

Seriously, I just have a different feel about this year, despite the odds. I probably sound like Fed fan a decade ago. I haven't seen Novak this motivated on clay since forever and that caveman roar against the italian tells me how much it meant to him, how much he wants this battle today. Unfortunately I can't watch, but I hope you guys throw in a lot of live comments, I will be reading those.
LOL, Don Fabio. Anyway, like you, I can't watch the match, so reading comments and watching scores is all I got. Thanks all of you for the eyes on it!

Reactions: don_fabio

MikeOne

Masters Champion
Reactions
Almost impossible for Novak to beat Nadal when Nadal is playing this well.

Its amazing how one shot has turned this rivalry on it's head. Rafa's down the line fh has completely changed the dynamics of this matchup. During the years when novak was hanging with Nadal on clay, it being pretty even, the patterns favored Novak. Novak would go deep and hard to Rafa's fh, Rafa tended to counter with cross court fhs, which got shorter and shorter and then Novak would get the setups to hit winning shots. Rafa now goes hard and powerfully down the line and almost EVERY TIME, disrupts Novak and either hits winners or wrong foots Novak.

Novak needs an answer to this... i believe the answer is drive his bh down the line more often.... not continue to go cross court so regularly... When Novak keeps going cross court, Nadal eventually goes down the line and amazing how almost every time, Novak isn't ready. it's a horrible pattern which Novak's hasn't solved in years, on clay.

Reactions: shawnbm