Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You think,I was there live at the AO 2012,it took years off my life.D.
I said earlier I'm still recovering being up all night watching every moment of that match in 2012! It was so predictable; Nole up in the 4th serving for it and allowed Nadal to break to subsequently win TB! It keeps happening; happened today serving for the 3rd! Djokovic makes his job so much harder, but his opponent seems to redline at that moment when he goes into lockdown-mode! Something like a netcord or bad bounce always seems to happen to him; amazing bad luck! :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I said earlier I'm still recovering being up all night watching every moment of that match in 2012! It was so predictable; Nole up in the 4th serving for it and allowed Nadal to break to subsequently win TB! It keeps happening; happened today serving for the 3rd! Djokovic makes his job so much harder, but his opponent seems to redline at that moment when he goes into lockdown-mode! Something like a netcord or bad bounce always seems to happen to him; amazing bad luck! :facepalm:
It was a different surface,you cannot compare HC to Roland Garos surface for starters.Rafa had a chance in that AO,late,he had the chance to break,had the open court for a winner and went cross court straight back to Novak? Brain Freeze from Rafa,though looking back this match was mentally torture for both players late and such a physical battle,to me it was not a good match,it was like a boxing match towards the end.I have seen better contested matches between Novak and Rafa,in my opinion.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It was a different surface,you cannot compare HC to Roland Garos surface for starters.Rafa had a chance in that AO,late,he had the chance to break,had the open court for a winner and went cross court straight back to Novak? Brain Freeze from Rafa,though looking back this match was mentally torture for both players late and such a physical battle,to me it was not a good match,it was like a boxing match towards the end.I have seen better contested matches between Novak and Rafa,in my opinion.

I'm thinking of the "big picture" of when and where this match happened! Back in 2012, who would have thought Djokovic would surpass Fedal in any way? He was still at just 4 majors, the 5th being that AO from 2012! We're now in 2021 after Rafa's won 13 FO titles and was still the favorite! You can't compare them; this FO takes precedent! Rafa might have been able to put the GOAT race out of reach with this FO! Now it's still up for grabs; esp. with potential CYGS if Nole's fortunate enough to complete this championship run! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: napo

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm thinking of the "big picture" of when and where this match happened! Back in 2012, who would have thought Djokovic would surpass Fedal in any way? He was still at just 4 majors, the 5th being that AO from 2012! We're now in 2021 after Rafa's won 13 FO titles and was still the favorite! You can't compare them; this FO takes precedent! Rafa might have been able to put the GOAT race out of reach with this FO; now it's still up for grabs; esp. with potential CYGS if Nole's fortunate enough to complete this championship run! :)
Yes,I see your point with the big picture.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
That was good match. But Djoker said he is going for RG in serious tone after winning ATP Belgrade. So we have now same finale as in Ozzy, Djoker-Tsitsi. It might be act of nerves again, Greek could not hold it so good.

Now where will Nadal have option for 21's GS !? Next year in RG ? Now i have to doubt. But who knows. I still remember how much GS's would Novak, Nadal have. 12 to 15. Said here, years ago.

Reactions: Fiero425

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm thinking of the "big picture" of when and where this match happened! Back in 2012, who would have thought Djokovic would surpass Fedal in any way? He was still at just 4 majors, the 5th being that AO from 2012! We're now in 2021 after Rafa's won 13 FO titles and was still the favorite! You can't compare them; this FO takes precedent! Rafa might have been able to put the GOAT race out of reach with this FO! Now it's still up for grabs; esp. with potential CYGS if Nole's fortunate enough to complete this championship run! :)
This win is a huge. Preventing Nadal from going to 21 here is big as this is normally the slam Nadal adds to his tally every year. And at the other slams he is not the favorite.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
That was good match. But Djoker said he is going for RG in serious tone after winning ATP Belgrade. So we have now same finale as in Ozzy, Djoker-Tsitsi. It might be act of nerves again, Greek could not hold it so good.

Now where will Nadal have option for 21's GS !? Next year in RG ? Now i have to doubt. But who knows. I still remember how much GS's would Novak, Nadal have. 12 to 15. Said here, years ago.
We had more respect for the NG'rs, but they've been such a disappointment allowing Fedalovic to rule the tour as always for the last 20 yrs! :facepalm:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

He played Medvedev in the final.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
This FO was so important for Nadal, now it’s more likely he will stay at 20. Can’t see him win at another slam.
Novak , Dominic and Daniil at their best are too much on HC and Novak and Roger on grass.
This could be the most significant victory for Novak, even if not winning on Sunday. He has a serious chance at all majors, not Nadal.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This FO was so important for Nadal, now it’s more likely he will stay at 20. Can’t see him win at another slam.
Novak , Dominic and Daniil at their best are too much on HC and Novak and Roger on grass.
This could be the most significant victory for Novak, even if not winning on Sunday. He has a serious chance at all majors, not Nadal.
I can see Nadal winning a few more slams, but this loss means Novak can close the gap.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

It was Medvedev in Australia, not Tsitsipas.

napo

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I can see Nadal winning a few more slams, but this loss means Novak can close the gap.
Who knows.
This loss means he is nowhere safe anymore. This will give Novak more confidence, espacially for RG 22. At the other slams he needs not more confidence.

Reactions: Fiero425

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
My mistake, it was Medvedev in Ozzy. But it just show they are all same. I would remeber if it would be Rafa or Fed. See that.

Reactions: napo

dante1976

Futures Player
Reactions

"It's been ready for years but see it's all about timing. You can't expect to reach the top with out a little climbing" - Roni size & Reprazent

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

"It's been ready for years but see it's all about timing. You can't expect to reach the top with out a little climbing" - Roni size & Reprazent

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

I guess that is champion's mentality. Anyway, he said Rafa is beatable in 2006 (and then finally beat him in 2015 and then in 2021).

On a similar note, once Federer lost in an early round match in a warm-up clay tournament (i think Rome) to Stepanek. Right after the match, in the presser Federer bothered to opine in the presser that (the way Stepanek did) is not the way one should be playing clay matches. :lulz1:

Reactions: dante1976

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I guess that is champion's mentality. Anyway, he said Rafa is beatable in 2006 (and then finally beat him in 2015 and then in 2021).

On a similar note, once Federer lost in an early round match in a warm-up clay tournament (i think Rome) to Stepanek. Right after the match, in the presser Federer bothered to opine in the presser that (the way Stepanek did) is not the way one should be playing clay matches. :lulz1:
It's no secret. t/b #1 in anything is to become an A-Hole! It can't be helped; save maybe Stegan Edberg! To this day not a cross word's been spoken!