Race to London O2 - 2015 Edition

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't think of the last time Bercy has been taken out of the equation in determining the WTF field.

Now that the field is set. Let us focus on the race for the alternates (essentially free money and may be a boat ride in Thames).

Two Spots, Five contenders

1. Richard Gasquet FRA 2670
2. Jo Wilfried Tsonga FRA 2545
3. Marin Cilic 27 CRO 2395
4. Kevin Anderson RSA 2385
5. John Isner USA 2315

I am rooting against the top and bottom of the above list. I am rooting for Tsonga and Anderson, as in my opinion they are the two from the above list who give a good fight to top players.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, Isner is running into Fed in R16 and Anderson is running into Rafa in R16.
But, the other three in the above list (who are anyway already at the top) have relatively
easier opposition in R16 (No Nole or Andy) and so the two ALTs will come from Gasquet, Tsonga and Cilic.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I can't think of the last time Bercy has been taken out of the equation in determining the WTF field.

Now that the field is set. Let us focus on the race for the alternates (essentially free money and may be a boat ride in Thames).

5. John Isner USA 2315

I am rooting against the top and bottom of the above list. I am rooting for Tsonga and Anderson, as in my opinion they are the two from the above list who give a good fight to top players.

Beside getting to London, the reward for the top 2 of this group will be to finish the year in the top 10.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:

5. John Isner USA 2315

Beside getting to London, the reward for the top 2 of this group will be to finish the year in the top 10.

Would be nice to see Tsonga as the alternate and Anderson get a Year-end Top 10 ranking.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Much rather see Anderson at the WTF as he might actually beat someone. Normally I'm no fan of giant tennis but Anderson has a decent forehand and therefore is more than just a serve bot.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
Much rather see Anderson at the WTF as he might actually beat someone. Normally I'm no fan of giant tennis but Anderson has a decent forehand and therefore is more than just a serve bot.

Yeah, Anderson has had a great six months, I'd love to see him there too. He'd be a landmine for anyone who faces him...