Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks again Miss Margaret..I woke up, heard the name Nadal and fell asleep again. How well did he played tonight?
No worries I'm watching Rafa's match now.. Interesting Mark Phillippoussis said what we all have been heard previously, Rafa hits a lot harder in practice than he does in the matches. Moya said what we heard previously, Rafa gets nervous. My question ❓ is WHY. He is no longer chasing Roger and Novak is in his side mirror If he can draw Novak and the youngins into a slugfest like he has with Thiem , I like Rafa's chances. Any thoughts on this?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No worries I'm watching Rafa's match now.. Interesting Mark Phillippoussis said what we all have been heard previously, Rafa hits a lot harder in practice than he does in the matches. Moya said what we heard previously, Rafa gets nervous. My question ❓ is WHY. He is no longer chasing Roger and Novak is in his side mirror If he can draw Novak and the youngins into a slugfest like he has with Thiem , I like Rafa's chances. Any thoughts on this?
I have seen Rafa in practice in tournaments and yes he hits like it is a tennis match,I have no idea why.Even his practice partners have said the same thing.I have no idea why....it is one of the big mysterious of the world :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal vs (Q) Maxime Cressy in the final.
Rafa will now look to win his 89th APT Tour Tittle
Rafa's match is on Sunday 9th January (that is for AP) not before 7.30pm local time on Rod Laver Arena.
Just read a little more on Cressy who likes to serve and volley?

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa needs to just serve body serves to Cressy who is staying inside the baseline to return the service. Once he gets his rhythm, he should be able to time Cressy serve and power to hit a lot of winners. Still a dangerous opponent. Cressy position is bothering Rafa's service.. already 3 double faults

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Absolutely horrible game by Rafa..he should be ashamed of himself missing those shots .An USTA 4.5 player could make those passes. SMH2

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If this the best Rafa can play, he should just take out enough clothes for daily use He will not be around the 2nd week of AO. 4-5 double faults, 15 UFEs (I'm guessing). This is awful by the Spaniard.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal d Cressy 76(6) 63 to win his 89th career singles title in Melbourne.
( I will have to watch the match on replay as I feel asleep on the lounge:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Moyer and Marc Lopez will host @rafdalacademy coaching clinic for Rafa Nadal Masters participants (aged 12-15) on Saturday 15th January at Melbourne Park ( which is today)

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal held his press conference today at 1.15pm local time Saturday 15th January,

Question....There have been a lot of distraction from all the Djokovic news.How different do you think this tournament would look with him in the draw and without him in the draw? What's the difference.

Rafael Nadal....I tell you one thing,it's very clear that Novak Djokovic is one of the best players of the history,without a doubt.But there is no one player in history that's more important than an event no?.The player's stays and then goes,and other players are coming.No one,even Roger,Novak myself,Bjorn Borg who was amazing at his times,tennis keeps going.Australian Open is much more important than any player.If he's playing finally,okay.It he's not playing,Australian Open will be great Australian Open with or without him.
That's my point of view.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal believes that if he is healthy and able to play weeks in a row,have more or less a normal calendar,he believes he will have chances to be in important position on the tour,giving him chances to keep fighting for important things.
That's the main goal for me.First thing,be healthy.Then hold the passion.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
All right, Rafa fans, let’s do a fresh take on this, for a new year, before the AO final: if you were to rank his Top 5 best wins and Top 5 worst losses (in order), which would they be?

Top 5 wins:
1. 08 Wimbledon F
2. 09 AO SF/F
3. 10 USO F
4. 19 USO F
5. 13 RG SF

Top 5 losses:
1. 17 AO F
2. 12 AO F
3. 07 Wimbledon F
4. 18 Wimbledon SF
5. 21 RG SF

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All right, Rafa fans, let’s do a fresh take on this, for a new year, before the AO final: if you were to rank his Top 5 best wins and Top 5 worst losses (in order), which would they be?

Top 5 wins:
1. 08 Wimbledon F
2. 09 AO SF/F
3. 10 USO F
4. 19 USO F
5. 13 RG SF

Top 5 losses:
1. 17 AO F
2. 12 AO F
3. 07 Wimbledon F
4. 18 Wimbledon SF
5. 21 RG SF
Really, tented? The day before the final too...

:anxious-face-with-sweat:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To me the worse was that 2007 five set Wimbledon final loss to Federer. I believe Rafa had BP chances in both the 3rd and 5th games in the 5th set before he was broken by Roger in game 6, and I don't think I've ever seen him so gutted after a loss. That was a crazy Wimbledon weather wise, I think Federer had practically a 4 day break whereas Rafa had a Soderling match that stretched out seemingly over at least 3 days.