Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Opelka speaks truth about players (such as initials Daniil Medvedev) bitching about playing conditions as opposed to…..

You put on Rafa's mind. Rafa's going to win no matter what, he's going to find a way to win. He doesn't like to lose. You increase court speed, Rafa's going to learn how to serve better, he's going to work on his first ball, might change his forehand grip a little bit to flatten it out if you speed up the court. That's exactly how tennis evolves as a whole, by having different scenarios and different conditions," Opelka explained.

So Opelka’s secret to success?

“You put on Rafa’s mind.”

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa is not playing 'mind games' I can assure you, people do not realize how bad the tear was in his hip abductor, he is training hard with the videos I have watch, I would prefer he came back on the clay when he feels ready and able to compete

You fell for his mind games too? :face-with-hand-over-mouth: You're so innocent... :smooch:

AgreeableShallowIrishterrier-max-1mb.gif

Relax Rafa fans, he will be back soon on the clay. :rose:

sand-dunes-the-mummy.gif

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Opelka speaks truth about players (such as initials Daniil Medvedev) bitching about playing conditions as opposed to…..

So Opelka’s secret to success?

“You put on Rafa’s mind.”
Funny, I was just thinking about Reilly a couple of days ago, too. He's been off due to injury it says for 8 months. I hope he's got some more tennis in him, but he's going to make a good commentator when he retires. He did some work for TC at the USO I think, and he was really good.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has officially withdrawn from Monte Carlo Masters via ATP News,

" I am not yet in conditions to play with the maxiumum guarantees and I continue with my preparation process, hoping to be back soon" said Rafa.

• Sad
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has officially withdrawn from Monte Carlo Masters via ATP News,

" I am not yet in conditions to play with the maxiumum guarantees and I continue with my preparation process, hoping to be back soon" said Rafa.

Sad news. But I'm glad that it is only because he wants to be fully ready and not because he's still injured.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal's slow slide down the rankings continued as he slipped down to world no 15 ( Monday 10th April). If Rafa returns to action in Barcelona next week, having withdrawn from Monte Carlo, then it will be 3 months since he last stepped on court at the AO.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa Nadal's slow slide down the rankings continued as he slipped down to world no 15 ( Monday 10th April). If Rafa returns to action in Barcelona next week, having withdrawn from Monte Carlo, then it will be 3 months since he last stepped on court at the AO.

Nadal to win the FO as an unseeded player. That would be a new special way to add another slam. :rose: :clap:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tented
I read that earlier today? there are soo many posts on twitter floating around regarding when Rafa will play on the clay, another post said he will also not play Madrid., I dont know who to believe quite frankly
I would be worried if he doesn't play Rome otherwise he knows what he is doing..

Reactions: Moxie and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well this interview came from Esport3., a few hours ago.

David Ferrer says Rafa will have a final practice tomorrow, before deciding it he will play Barcelona next week.The draw will be made on Saturday

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Well, we get our usual wish: that he skips Madrid, though not the way we wanted it. That TC commentary is just wrong. He doesn't love playing Madrid, IMO, but he DOES love playing Barcelona, so I'm sure he hates missing that one. Obviously, we have to hope he plays Rome. He could throw in Geneva or Lyon, if he wants some matches before RG. Normally, you wouldn't want him to play the week before a Major, but in this case it could be smart.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well this interview came from Esport3., a few hours ago.

David Ferrer says Rafa will have a final practice tomorrow, before deciding it he will play Barcelona next week.The draw will be made on Saturday
I was posting as you posted this. I thought skipping Barcelona was a done-deal. I'd love it if he thinks he's good to play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was posting as you posted this. I thought skipping Barcelona was a done-deal. I'd love it if he thinks he's good to play.
I also thought it was a done deal, I think we can reply on David Ferrer's comments, he is the tournament director and a close friend of Rafa