Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
It wasn't that simple! Novak not only had 3 major finals winning 2 of them, he also added 4 more Masters 1000 events to his tally to close in on Fedal & take over the record eventually! I say I'm not a Djokovic fan as much as a "Devil's Advocate" since he's demonized :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: so much! Love how he's taken the luster out of that Fedal rivalry that didn't really exist! Rafa owned Roger early and often! Federer was saved by Wimbledon grass & fast indoor surfaces or the H2H would look more obscene! I still don't understand Roger's resurgence and winning 5 or 6 straight over Rafa! I barely watched while Novak wandered the wilderness and was "all at sea" with injury and issues behind the scenes! I just heard about it more than watching any of those wins by Federer! :astonished-face::shushing-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
They both had a good year.... Djokovic may have the extra slam & masters titles but Murray took what Novak wants the most the Olympic Gold :face-with-hand-over-mouth: Novak did not take anything away from the Fedal rivalry, he just added another rivalry just because Nadovic have played more times it doesn't make Fedal irrelevant :lol6: You could say the same about Nadovic, if Rafa didn't keep playing pointless 250 & 500 HC events the H2H would be different :fearful-face: As for Novak demonised he hasn't exactly helped himself with his behaviour over the years...Nadal was treated as the bad guy for many years because he kept defeating Federer at RG :yahoo::lulz1: It took a while for Rafa to become loved as much as he is these days, but he never cried about it or played the victim like Novak when the fans did't acknowledge him or when the crowds cheered against him. Also on social media there is way more vile hateful messages aimed at Rafa then there is at Djokovic...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal received the fifth edition of the 'Camino Real' award from Spanish King Felipe at the Madrid University on the 20th September,'
The award recognises Nadal for his exemplary career and values, his work on and off the court, and for being a tireless and positive ambassodor of Spain in the U.S.
( Rafa said in his press conference after the award he has no plans of retiring).

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal will tour South America later in November and has asked Casper Ruud to accompany him, I will post the following dates and locations below,

Novermber 23rd, Buernos Aires
November 25th Chilo Rafa will play against a local player Tobilo
November 26th Bogota, Colombia
November 27th Quito, Ecuador
November 29th Belo Horizon to, Brazil.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Casper have added Mexico to the exhibition tour which will be held on December 1st.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal will tour South America later in November and has asked Casper Ruud to accompany him, I will post the following dates and locations below,

Novermber 23rd, Buernos Aires
November 25th Chilo Rafa will play against a local player Tobilo
November 26th Bogota, Colombia
November 27th Quito, Ecuador
November 29th Belo Horizon to, Brazil.
Okay, If Rafa is doing tours.. this tells me that he is healed up 100 percent from his abdominal muscle tear.. is that correct?

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay, If Rafa is doing tours.. this tells me that he is healed up 100 percent from his abdominal muscle tear.. is that correct?
Well when I left for my holiday a couple of weeks ago he was on the practice court, also a few days again after he was a new dad, so I assume it is healed, I dont think he would be doing this South American exho tour if it wasnt healed.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We can’t be sure. Rafa has never been too clever about scheduling and this could be another blonde moment, like the time he went to India for a billion bucks during the off season and then a few weeks later his back broke just before the Australian Open final… :facepalm:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
We can’t be sure. Rafa has never been too clever about scheduling and this could be another blonde moment, like the time he went to India for a billion bucks during the off season and then a few weeks later his back broke just before the Australian Open final… :facepalm:
Very true we don't know as a certainty his health status. However we know that his foot ailment is at a management level as far as pain tolerance. I think his serve is gonna be the major focus for this last part of his career. It's funny Novak's game appears pretty solid all around afterwards he fixed his service over 8 years ago. Novak's serves (service placement especially during critical points) has been the deciding factor that allows him the opportunity to separate from all the other players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well when I left for my holiday a couple of weeks ago he was on the practice court, also a few days again after he was a new dad, so I assume it is healed, I dont think he would be doing this South American exho tour if it wasnt healed.
It's amazing that his lost to Frances Tiafoe may have been the biggest upset of his career although Kieran was correct, he wasn't sharp ever this time at the USO. I think the way he lost that match will be measured against Rafa does going forward. "I didn't put enough pressure on him"is what Rafa said in his pressor afterwards. That's something that is very fixable and whenever you have a memory of an elephant like Nadal's, it should bold well for his game going forward towards next year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's amazing that his lost to Frances Tiafoe may have been the biggest upset of his career although Kieran was correct, he wasn't sharp ever this time at the USO. I think the way he lost that match will be measured against Rafa does going forward. "I didn't put enough pressure on him"is what Rafa said in his pressor afterwards. That's something that is very fixable and whenever you have a memory of an elephant like Nadal's, it should bold well for his game going forward towards next year.
I never thought Rafa looked good at the USO from his first match, and it did not surprise me Tiafoe won, he deserved his victory. If this wasnt a GS event I dont think Rafa would have turned up,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a tweet from Rafa ( Google translation) after the birth of his son

" Hello everyone. After a few days and many loving messages I just wanted to thank you all!
We are very happy and everyone is very well
A big hug!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play mixed doubles with Gabriela Sabatini in Argentina in November ( part of his exho South American tour)
Ruud's doubles partner still to be determind.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play mixed doubles with Gabriela Sabatini in Argentina in November ( part of his exho South American tour)
Ruud's doubles partner still to be determind.
One of my great all time crushes - and I don’t mean Ruud or Rafa!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal should just rest until Australian Open 2023 who knows Djokovic might be banned again
Novak banned or not, Rafa should have a decent shot at defending, as he's come close there so many times and should protect it.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy22 and Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do we know if Rafa is planning to play Paris Bercy and the ATP Finals?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Do we know if Rafa is planning to play Paris Bercy and the ATP Finals?
Rafa is on the entry list for Bercy in Paris, I havent heard if he will skip that tournament as yet, though from what I read he wants to play at Turin in the ATP finals,.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa is on the entry list for Bercy in Paris, I havent heard if he will skip that tournament as yet, though from what I read he wants to play at Turin in the ATP finals,.

Thanks. Is there footage of him currently training or is he just taking it easy with the baby and the family? That would give us a hint if he plans to play in the rest of the year or take it easy until the AO.