Is Rafa going to win RG 2020?

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Are you referring to Stan Wawrinka by that name? Now for obvious reasons if so I know you're not know referring to the fact that he resides in Monte Carlo for tax reasons. Stan was born in Switzerland, as was his mother and he literally grew up in a Swiss farm run by his parents. Yes his father emigrated previously from Germany before Stan was born. Just curious because I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you sound like a race/nationality obsessed individual.

For the record, Pete Sampras parents were immigrants, and Andre Agassi's father was also, would that make them "fake Americans?" Federer's mother is originally from South AFrica so is Federer a "Fake Swiss"? I genuinely don't understand why you feel the need to insults tennis players because of their parents backgrounds. Smacks of Xenophobia.
Stanislas Wawrinka=native Swiss? That sound right to you?
Don’t like people who deny their origins. This arrogant peace of shit do so! Changed his name his parents gave him, because he was ashamed.
Motherfucking male boob he is.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Missy pink has the toughest draw.
I think a Novak- Bob final is realistic!!
They are 4:4 in slam finals right now.
Wow this will be a huge stake!!!!!!!!
Can’t wait. Hope the Bob trolls will join this final live!!!!!!

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Yup. Thanks for clearing that up.
His father emigrated from Germany? This doesn’t explain his name. You obviously don’t have an idea what I’m talking about.
Why did this prick changed his name?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wawrkinka on his background:

"Actually, I have a double passport, Swiss-German, but I am Swiss, and I have always felt good in my country. My mother’s Swiss and my dad’s German, given his origins are Czech. It happens that Wawrinka’s a Polish name because I had a great grandfather who was living on the border between Poland & Czechoslovakia. "

Stan the Man, I'm thinking the loss in Italy might have been due to cobwebs, but he's got a puncher's chance, though I don't think he's going to win the whole thing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Theim has a very tricky draw,Cilic in the 1st rd,Opelka,Ruud,Warwarinka,Schartzman before Nadal in the s/final,then Novak if he makes the final.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Wawrkinka on his background:

"Actually, I have a double passport, Swiss-German, but I am Swiss, and I have always felt good in my country. My mother’s Swiss and my dad’s German, given his origins are Czech. It happens that Wawrinka’s a Polish name because I had a great grandfather who was living on the border between Poland & Czechoslovakia. "

Stan the Man, I'm thinking the loss in Italy might have been due to cobwebs, but he's got a puncher's chance, though I don't think he's going to win the whole thing.
He is ashamed of his origins, only coward pricks do so.
Even Giraffe is not that low. He can at least speak Russian , not good, but he can.
Fake Swiss is a joke.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected q/finals

Djokovic vs Berrettini
Tsitspas vs Medvedev
Theim vs Monfils
Nadal vs Zverev.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Projected q/finals

Djokovic vs Berrettini
Tsitspas vs Medvedev
Theim vs Monfils
Nadal vs Zverev.

Tsitsipas is who I'm most curious to see how he bounces back after the USO. His return game has gaping holes, so I'm wondering if somehow the redclay could potentially help him....

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsitsipas is who I'm most curious to see how he bounces back after the USO. His return game has gaping holes, so I'm wondering if somehow the redclay could potentially help him....

It could help him,though I dont like Medvedev on clay at all,I feel Tsitsipas could defeat him.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Bob has a very easy draw, like Novak. His SF will be tougher than Novak’s .
But they will meet in F, lets all hope together.
Let’s don’t fight, just hope for another epic match of these two!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It could help him,though I dont like Medvedev on clay at all,I feel Tsitsipas could defeat him.

What's odd to me is that Medvedvev seems to have all the tools for red clay. For a tall guy, who moves exceptionally well, has a great return of serve and can be a human backboard. His serve if it's clicking, perhaps this could be his final breakthrough on the terre battue.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What's odd to me is that Medvedvev seems to have all the tools for red clay. For a tall guy, who moves exceptionally well, has a great return of serve and can be a human backboard. His serve if it's clicking, perhaps this could be his final breakthrough the terre battue.

He reminds me of Kerber in the womens game who has won all the GS titles bar RG,who has the ideal game for clay,so far has not won it.At times I cannot read Medvedev's game at all,he played lights out at the USO until the s/final,where he was pathetic.Clay to me is the hardest GS to win,it also needs a lot of patience and focus,I will be interested to see how he handles RG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Jelenafan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He reminds me of Kerber in the womens game who has won all the GS titles bar RG,who has the ideal game for clay,so far has not won it.At times I caanot read Medvedev's game at all,he played lights out at the USO until the s/final,where he was pathetic.Clay to me is the hardest GS to win,it also needs a lot of patience and focus,I will be interested to see how he handles RG.

Medvedev has a very flat BH , that could be part of it . More impactful on HC.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, Thiem again in Nadal side of the draw. There is some justice after all, Novak had Thiem in his half in RG numerous times.

Reactions: Bonaca

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, Thiem again in Nadal side of the draw. There is some justice after all, Novak had Thiem in his half in RG numerous times.

DonFabio, haven't you learned by now, there is no justice in tennis. :D
Still hurting for all the unjust losses of my faves through the decades......but I'm not bitter. ; )

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
I don't count on Cicipas - mentaly he is not there.

Anyway, beeing a Swiss is what ? Swiss language is french, italian and german. Its like Tablerone. Bernadier dog is true Swiss.

Reactions: Bonaca

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem has a horrendous draw. I doubt he makes the semi. Nadal actually has a great draw with easy opponents so he can play himself into form.