Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy - Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I think you’re right. Players have to handle this stuff, especially when the match has begun to turn against them. And with Ruud, as fine a shot maker that he is, he’s not savvy enough to stay calm in this situation, just like he’s not really savage enough to streetfight with players who are ruthless. Rune reminds me of these tough street kids you sometimes see in a strange city and you think, okay, don’t catch the little bastard’s eye! :lulz1:
"A little bastard's eye" ... Brother that is a first time classic phrase that I haven't heard before..I think the NEXT time at work someone piss me off, I may pul it out of my bag... jajaja ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's the thing, players are taking advantage of the rule, be it Rune, Novak or anyone else, players are exploiting it while they can, same was with a bathroom break. I feel like they need to have stricter rules for the MTO beacuse players will always tend to have them when they are behind.

As for Ruud, yeah he looked like he went out of toilet paper hahaha.
The way to alleviate gamesmanship is to make people take MTO's on their own serve whether it's a change of ends or not. Then you can only be accused of killing your own momentum. An opponent should ask the umpire for old balls and they should practice their serve and do shadow swings while waiting on the MTO. Completely ignore the MTO. Stay warm, focused and ready to go when the ball is put back in play.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holger’s BH has been such an anchor this tourney, its like im not worried on CC exchanges even Novak could outlast him, its so solid. That and maintaining that agressive stance where he feels most relaxed so I give him the slight edge.
I’m torn in this upcoming final because while I badly want little Holger to snag his 2nd Masters title, Daniil out of nowhere winning the slowest red dirt Masters would upset the cart LOL.

Daniil would bump up to # 2 at Roland Garros, sliding Novak down to the # 3. Though i half expect the Grumpy Russian to snap out of his hypnoses in the middle of the final screaming, “What is this red crap I’m playing on ?!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and lomaha

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Tennis Channel just showed a quick live shot of Rome. Guess what? It’s pouring rain.
yep, and Siri doesn't think highly of today's Rome weather either
1684677271775.png
1684677332844.png

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Who will win in these heavy conditions?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like they're going to play that final pretty soon. Players about to take the court.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You do remember that Ruud took a toiletbreak after losing the 2nd set. Was that to ruin Runes rhytm too then? And that's not cheating. Who is biased now...
I really think that Ruud needs a psykological trainer if someone taking a mto ruins his rhythm.
I am biased now ? LOL you keep making excuses for Rune okay, whatever suits you at the time, as I said before I was not the only one who thought so, it was gamesmanship to disrupt Ruud rhythm, I understand that Rune has become a ' protected species' at TF LOL! and this instance isnt the first time either, there I go again showing my biased lol!

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
and on a brain fart dropper by the kid, Med gets there w/ plenty of time to spare and takes the opening frame 7-5

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev squeezed out the first set, 7-5.

Stay calm and play your game little Holger!! Nobody wants to see Daniil “dance” again!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Med's defense on clay is surreal. I'm sure if he could package it and sell it, he would be a billionaire.
He has been returning the kids serve well.He just has to keep this up for the next set Daniil Forza! ( I hope I am not showing my bias lol)