Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome - ATP Masters 1000

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
well done djokovic on winning Rome for 5th time And record 36th masters title, he,s going to be really hard to beat at RG even for nadal thiem.

Calm down. You’re clearly stewing over Djokovic’s success but Djokovic still has to win the final tomorrow. And you shouldn’t be talking about Thiem as though he is better on clay than Djokovic. He isn’t. Djokovic completely underperformed in the 5th set of the RG semi last year. That was more about Djokovic than it was Thiem.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Calm down. You’re clearly stewing over Djokovic’s success but Djokovic still has to win the final tomorrow. And you shouldn’t be talking about Thiem as though he is better on clay than Djokovic. He isn’t. Djokovic completely underperformed in the 5th set of the RG semi last year. That was more about Djokovic than it was Thiem.

Funny, trying to throw out a premature win so it'll jinx Djokovic for tomorrow's match! :lol6:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Haha i like David very much, most talented player I remember.
Maybe best BH when he reached it, was way too slow to show more of it.

Such an underachiever! Nalby's main claim to fame OTTH is reaching a Wimbledon final losing to Hewitt in '02, coming all the way back in 5 sets to defeat an injured Federer in the YEC Final of '05, & of course his notorious disqualification at Queens in '12! He was actually winning the match over Cilic, but donated championship by way of his actions injuring a linesmen even worse than what Djokovic did at the USO! :facepalm:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ruud has some insane power on the FH, one shot in first set went 177 km/h. Crazy.

Overall good match, Novak should play better, still too defensive in my opinion. Serve is working great and dropshot too. Backhand started working really well in the 2nd set and that made a difference.

Umpire was terrible today, snatched 3 points from Novak. We need hawk eye on clay courts too and umpire needs a spank from his boss.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
not really stewing at all I,m really happy over djokovic success THEN I post something I mean it not fake like you, school girl I always liked djokovic more than federer Also hes not going to lose the final thats why was the first to call his title win coming up. I never said thiem was better than djokovic overall not make up words its just thiem been better in the last 3 years and we all know it but overall I would say djokovic is still better at least record wise maybe still today we see at RG if their are in the same half of the draw history strikes for the 3rd time.[ 2017 RG QTF straight sets Thiem] 2019 RG SF 5 sets Thiem] 2020?

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Rooting for Diego. He had to overcome so much to get to this point in his career. I think he beats Shapo

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is some crazy good tennis! Shapovalov is really a new man with his patience and thoughtfulness.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Shapo getting aggravated arguing w/ the umpire because he should have ended this match already

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
A love hold. Where was that when he was serving for the match? TB incoming

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, he still has closing out matches to work on, but it was a fantastic match.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yep. Another win in his grasp bites the dust. Shortman really played the TB well. Kind of let Denis unravel in the end.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's pretty late for this match to end. What time is the final tomorrow?