Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
I've read that Roger maybe is going to withdraw, again? :huh:

If he pulls out, I doubt he would play RG .

It hasn't made any sense to go to Paris since he actually won it in '09! The last final was an embarrassment, but what did he care; he got to stop Nole's run of 42 matches in 2011! He got to wag that finger one more time like "I'm still relevant!" :nono :angel: :dodgy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
I've read that Roger maybe is going to withdraw, again? :huh:

It hasn't made any sense to go to Paris since he actually won it in '09! The last final was an embarrassment, but what did he care; he got to stop Nole's run of 42 matches in 2011! He got to wag that finger one more time like "I'm still relevant!" :nono :angel: :dodgy:
its too grueling ..bad ole backs dont get better.. I tried to tell your boy Front that a few weeks ago but he told me that it was just a tweaked back similar to one of his gym workout injuries..:nono

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Will Fed play ? I know he can retire in warming up before the match...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:

its too grueling ..bad ole backs dont get better.. I tried to tell your boy Front that a few weeks ago but he told me that it was just a tweaked back similar to one of his gym workout injuries..:nono

LOL at don't get better. You just need longer to recover. Clay season is hardly where he's likely to win anything at this stage anyway. Btw at Fiero also, Federer's last RG final was embarrassing? He won 19 games in that final. Djokovic won 17 against Wawrinka last year. Nadal had to resort to bandaging his feet to break Roger's rhythm when he was up 5-2 in set 1 and it worked, 'cos he was running away with that first set in God mode till then.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
he hasn't W/O 1h30 before his match so I guess he'll play

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fed looks good so far. After listening to everyone moan about his BP %, he grabs the first one. Up 4-2

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBkhSEfWIc[/video]

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stephane Robert has an incredible forehand down the line shot. He's fully in the match against Novak.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
How did Roger look? I expected him to struggle against the young dude.

Sharp according to tennis.com. Delighted he's back (including his back!) and playing well. Pity I'm at work and missed it. They said his variety was too much for him, which is just what I expected and posted earlier in this thread.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murat, I woke up a bit late, but from what I saw in the 2nd set, Roger was playing solid tennis. No signs of pain, moved well, hitting crisp and clean (for the most part).

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Now I'm just waiting for Fiero to come in and rant and rave how the young players have no backbone.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nole wins 7-5, 7-5 against and inspired Stephane Robert.

16/14 u.e. Nole
33/32 u.e. Stephane

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Front242 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Fiero425 said:

LOL at don't get better. You just need longer to recover. Clay season is hardly where he's likely to win anything at this stage anyway. Btw at Fiero also, Federer's last RG final was embarrassing? He won 19 games in that final. Djokovic won 17 against Wawrinka last year. Nadal had to resort to bandaging his feet to break Roger's rhythm when he was up 5-2 in set 1 and it worked, 'cos he was running away with that first set in God mode till then.

...To the same person that's been beating him like a drum; sorta like Murray at the AO vs Nole! :nono :cover :p

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoK7yIEFXs0[/video]