Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome ATP 1000, 2018

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t watch more than a few games of Nadal v Fog. How is Rafa teetering? Fog can make anyone look subpar for a little while with his crazy ball striking skills.

Reactions: Moxie

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Teetering.....because he lost in Madrid? that was the best thing could happen to him
And about Novak I think he will do better in the grass season

You yourself have said he isn't as sharp as he was at MC and Barcelona. I'm just saying that he's more vulnerable, not that he's going to collapse.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
is it me or have you become increasingly more... hiphop in the way you write? What's that about?
Federerberg,, I dont have an inordinate amount of time to post. I dont read everything on this board. I work 70 hours most weeks.. I usually drop in on a few posts . I usually reply with something from a movie (e.g. Star Wars), instead of some long post that may waste a lot of time. I am usually trying to get to the point. It has nothing to do with HIp Hop. If you dont like my style, Ignore option is always available. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You yourself have said he isn't as sharp as he was at MC and Barcelona. I'm just saying that he's more vulnerable, not that he's going to collapse.
Rafa's going to be up for Novak, I'm sure. He's going to need to have a better serving day than today, but I'd be very surprised if Djokovic is really ready for Nadal. He's got to be feeling pretty good about today, though, and he knows he can beat Nadal. I'm very keen for this match!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I would agree.. Rafa isnt as sharp as he was in MC or Barcelona.. He should have close the Fog in straight set and he had numerous time to wipe the court with Sharpo.. Novak will be a great test and this is where Rafa needs to unleash his refined cc backhand. It’s just like Serena’s serve, when Rafa is hitting those crosscourt lasers, he is virtually invincible, IMO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Federerberg,, I dont have an inordinate amount of time to post. I dont read everything on this board. I work 70 hours most weeks.. I usually drop in on a few posts . I usually reply with something from a movie (e.g. Star Wars), instead of some long post that may waste a lot of time. I am usually trying to get to the point. has nothing to do with HIp Hop. If you dont like my style, Ignore option is always available. Does that answer your question?
Lol! My my you're touchy aren't you? I just made an observation and was curious if there was a reason why we're seeing all "da" slang stuff. If you don't want to answer that's fine. Just seems to me it takes more of an effort to write in a non conventional manner, but what do I know. As you will! ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like Fog, he's too clownish to be anything but entertaining. And yes he does have great talent. If he was serious he'd be a consistent top 10 player, especially right now.
Fabio was working hard to keep his emotions in check what I saw of him yesterday v. Thiem and today v. Rafa. But he couldn't keep up his game and intensity today, which Rafa did. He wasn't at all "clownish" today, so that's unfair. I don't know exactly what Fognini's problem is...focus, fitness, too emotional, lack of discipline in his approach, all of the above...but it translates to inconsistency. There are lots of other players whose talent we admire, but that's not all there is to it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Goffin forces a third v. Zverev. Shortly ago he lobbed the 6'6" guy. Sasha's game a bit sloppy in that set. Let's see how he pulls himself back together. He was on an unbroken streak, so that's done. He's also got the most match wins on tour, I think. He may be a bit gassed, but if he wants to be a top guy, and he does, he's going to have to learn to manage all of this, week in/week out.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Entertaining match. Sasha just broke back. But the scheduling today has been pretty unfair. After midnight in Rome and the matches were really stretched out as to when they started.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol! My my you're touchy aren't you? I just made an observation and was curious if there was a reason why we're seeing all "da" slang stuff. If you don't want to answer that's fine. Just seems to me it takes more of an effort to write in a non conventional manner, but what do I know. As you will! ;)
I dont think I was touchy.. If Darth post with slang or whatever, you dont make this inquiry to him. However, anything I post you feel compelled to scrutinize for some reason. You seem to get some sort of vicarious thrill trying to get me to get annoyed with your replies. When you wrote “a non conventional manner”, isnt that a very obtuse of yourself. Here is the deal, Lay off trying to stereotype me or any of my posts. Who cares about conventional or non conventional writiing. This isnt a blog or Social networking board. Also, lay off try to gauge the temperature of my posts. Stay in your lane. Comprender!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good win by Sasha. Goffin played really well, but Zverev pulled himself back together in the end. Some nice tennis is there from both.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What I said it was that he played bad in Madrid but he is doing pretty well in Roma. Do you think Novak is playing better?

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke playing way better in Rome. Not well enough to beat Nadal here or at FO though.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
What I said it was that he played bad in Madrid but he is doing pretty well in Roma. Do you think Novak is playing better?

To be honest, I haven't seen either Rafa or Novak play in either tournament so can't comment. Based upon the score lines and what others are saying, though, I expect Rafa to win against Novak.

I am most interested to see how Novak plays as it could tell us a lot about the rest of the year. Facing Rafa could really ignite him.

As a tennis fan, Rafa-Novak matches are possibly my favorite to watch. I don't have the stress of having a dog in the race and can just watch great tennis!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke playing way better in Rome. Not well enough to beat Nadal here or at FO though.

I think you're probably right. @DarthFed has said that it doesn't all come back together in a moment, that it takes time. Rafa is yards ahead of Novak in game and confidence. As to the FO, Nole has only beaten him there when Rafa was playing his C- game. I'm not feeling that this year.
To be honest, I haven't seen either Rafa or Novak play in either tournament so can't comment. Based upon the score lines and what others are saying, though, I expect Rafa to win against Novak.

I am most interested to see how Novak plays as it could tell us a lot about the rest of the year. Facing Rafa could really ignite him.

As a tennis fan, Rafa-Novak matches are possibly my favorite to watch. I don't have the stress of having a dog in the race and can just watch great tennis!
Facing Nadal at this point is going to be a good test for Novak. He does suddenly seem to have caught a bit more fire, from the limp and uninspired version of himself that he's been, mostly, all year. The eyes were bugging and he nearly ripped his shirt today. The match v. Nishikori today, though, was rather a contest of 2 guys that have been out of sorts for some time. It was interesting, and fairly even, because each committed a certain number of rusty errors, mixed in with excellent play. They are each making progress, and, on an even day, Djokovic is the better player. This was sort of that even day.

Reactions: El Dude

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
hope my boy novak fakervic can save tennis tomorrow

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hope my boy novak fakervic can save tennis tomorrow
"Fakervic." You deprecate him enough to give him a slam moniker, but like him just enough if he can beat Nadal. You don't like tennis, you just have a huge hot dog on for Federer. I don't even think you watch, based on the way you judge it, and what you think of Nadal.

Reactions: Federberg

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
"Fakervic." You deprecate him enough to give him a slam moniker, but like him just enough if he can beat Nadal. You don't like tennis, you just have a huge hot dog on for Federer. I don't even think you watch, based on the way you judge it, and what you think of Nadal.

I must say I'm concerned that faker will be fatigued tomorrow after two consecutive three setters specially the one vs ninja so dull could get lucky yet again but the roast is still on.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I appreciate that you are the ultimate fan, but I'm watching the replay, and he didn't close out the match when serving for it. You think he's 100%?

How would anyone know that? We are talking about player who rarely gives more that 35% of what he is capable of.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I almost don't care if No1e wins or loses to Rafa in this match because No1e is bound to beat him 7 times in a row again and it doesn't matter whether that starts in Rome or in Paris.