Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, CA, USA, ATP Masters 2017

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Damn Kyrgios. I was hoping to see a cracker jack of a match. The guy seemed like putting everything together. Illness? How come the old guard Fed/Nadal/Novak usually develop such illnesses only when they are likely to lose?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sampras won matches puking on the court side...someone must drive some discipline into sick nickboy.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
What is wrong with the kid, does anyone know?

He posted a statement saying he has food poisoning
C7IspMKU4AASEa-.jpg

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe Roger brought some tainted chocolate to Indian Wells.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
i was trying hard to press the like button at this attempted humour until, when i just cannot find anything funny about it. Try harder el dud

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
lob said:
Sampras won matches puking on the court side...someone must drive some discipline into sick nickboy.

Yeah, well, blame it on his parents. Apparently nobody's ever made him stop whining, suck it up and get on with it. :snicker Several players at the AO had the flu and bad colds and still played.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Busted said:
lob said:

Yeah, well, blame it on his parents. Apparently nobody's ever made him stop whining, suck it up and get on with it. :snicker Several players at the AO had the flu and bad colds and still played. I'm sure Djokovic is annoyed that he got sick AFTER their match and not before.

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Busted said:
Busted said:
lob said:

Yeah, well, blame it on his parents. Apparently nobody's ever made him stop whining, suck it up and get on with it. :snicker Several players at the AO had the flu and bad colds and still played. I'm sure Djokovic is annoyed that he got sick AFTER their match and not before.

A little disingenuous to compare the effects of flu/cold with the effects of food poisoning or, since that's a surmise at this point, it may turn out to be a stomach bug. Staying up through the night sounds like a polite way of describing diahrrea which can be supremely debilitating no matter how much one tries to replace fluids. Stomach bugs in Miami also caused Berdych and another top player whose name escapes me right now, to withdraw just before their matches.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad for Kei, but happy for Sock. I've always felt he has the potential to be a big time baller. If he ever catches fire on clay, that forehand of his will be a killa

Reactions: teddytennisfan

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Sock seems to be solidifying as a "third tier" type - in the Goffin, Almagro vein: hanging out in the 11-30 range, with occasional dips into the top 10. I can't really see him doing more than that and becoming a regular in the top 10, but you never know. The #8-15ish range seems to be really densely packed these days, so it would be hard for Sock to break through that.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just look who is having a breakthrough, Carreno-Busta and Sock.
Good for both of them
:clap