General Doping/PEDs Discussion

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is kind of interesting to the point above, and also on how, per Murray, hydration drinks are formulated based on sweat analysis. It says that Novak will get asked about it in Turin, and he could put to rest rather quickly, if he chooses to. We shall see, I guess.

Reactions: TheSicilian

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
This is kind of interesting to the point above, and also on how, per Murray, hydration drinks are formulated based on sweat analysis. It says that Novak will get asked about it in Turin, and he could put to rest rather quickly, if he chooses to. We shall see, I guess.

I saw that article yesterday. A simple :face-with-tears-of-joy: 15 million views to watch my team make an energy drink :astonished-face: type post from Novax on social media would have been a good idea. The silence is strange. Apart from the ultra-defensive comments from his Wife but it's not the first time she posts on twitter. I remember she was trying to get a tennis magazine shut down in the summer because they wrote an article about Novax she disliked, she was asking ATP to get involved :facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that article yesterday. A simple :face-with-tears-of-joy: 15 million views to watch my team make an energy drink :astonished-face: type post from Novax on social media would have been a good idea. The silence is strange.
Do you think Novak is going to market this so called 'magic potion' a reason he wont fully explain what is in this drink?

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Do you think Novak is going to market this so called 'magic potion' a reason he wont fully explain what is in this drink?
Probably, but it still makes no sense why all the dodgy team behaviour, I wonder if when he markets it wada ban it the next month :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Probably, but it still makes no sense why all the dodgy team behaviour, I wonder if when he markets it wada ban it the next month :astonished-face:
Well it would have to have all the ingredients shown on the bottle wouldnt it? like any other drink

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Well it would have to have all the ingredients shown on the bottle wouldnt it? like any other drink
Not necessarily, a lot of alcoholic drinks don't list ingredients, Jagermeister for example! As well I meant if the ingredient that has the magic powers is revealed how long until it's no longer legal? :thinking-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not necessarily, a lot of alcoholic drinks don't list ingredients, Jagermeister for example! As well I meant if the ingredient that has the magic powers is revealed how long until it's no longer legal? :thinking-face:
I didnt realize that a lot of alcoholic drinks dont list ingredients. I guess we will have to wait to see, if Novak markets this 'magic potion drink' he will then have to disclose its magic properties....

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I didnt realize that a lot of alcoholic drinks dont list ingredients. I guess we will have to wait to see, if Novak markets this 'magic potion drink' he will then have to disclose its magic properties....
Normally they just have a warning they contain sulphites for anyone allergic. It will probably be sold in lab style test tube bottles :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Actually I am allergic to sulphites, I find a lot of wine contain sulphites, though some countries like France, Spain and Italy do not contain high sulphites, which I can drink.
That's good you are able to find some wine from those countries which are ok for you to drink :)

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that article yesterday. A simple :face-with-tears-of-joy: 15 million views to watch my team make an energy drink :astonished-face: type post from Novax on social media would have been a good idea. The silence is strange. Apart from the ultra-defensive comments from his Wife but it's not the first time she posts on twitter. I remember she was trying to get a tennis magazine shut down in the summer because they wrote an article about Novax she disliked, she was asking ATP to get involved :facepalm:
It seems that Novak always has some surrogate willing to speak for him, when he should be speaking for himself. Seems like he can't resist saying too much when he shouldn't say anything, but when he should explain himself, he refuses.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep we are still waiting :)
So he's protecting the formulas of supplements he wants to market, but risking his own reputation in the process? That seems like a poor strategy, both as a player and as a future entrepreneur.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So he's protecting the formulas of supplements he wants to market, but risking his own reputation in the process? That seems like a poor strategy, both as a player and as a future entrepreneur.
Quite frankly I am not surprised he has had bad advice in the past...he seems to do things on his own time.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic again bringing bad publicity to our beautiful sport no wonder many people are leaving Tennis for Pickleball. :facepalm:

Thank you for reading and have a nice day. :bye:

Last edited:
  • Wow

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It seems that Novak always has some surrogate willing to speak for him, when he should be speaking for himself. Seems like he can't resist saying too much when he shouldn't say anything, but when he should explain himself, he refuses.
I think he has shown at times it is not in his best interest to speak on things. I think he has finally seen the light that he isn’t going to be seen the same way as Federer or Nadal, so it is in his best interest to not say anything.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Quite frankly I am not surprised he has had bad advice in the past...he seems to do things on his own time.
He is also probably protecting the ingedients list in the event that one or more of said ingredients is on the watch list so to speak and doesn’t end up on the banned substance list.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He is also probably protecting the ingedients list in the event that one or more of said ingredients is on the watch list so to speak and doesn’t end up on the banned substance list.
I feel he is going to market this so called 'magic potion' whenever that will be :) Novak did say he will reveal all? whenever lol!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 1333
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2587
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 3390
kskate2 Pro Tennis (Mens) 2183
tented Pro Tennis (Mens) 1068