Fed's schedule for 2020

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He has skipped Miami many times before, but this year he has 1,000 points to defend. If he doesn't defend them, he'll be in danger of dropping out of the top 4, which would not do him any favors, especially at the majors.

So in our heads we should figure Fed'll defend those points with no problem? I think his fans should start "whistling walking by the graveyard!" :rip: This might be "the end!" I don't want to hear about age or injury; if you can't handle it, "GET OUT!" I have always been a fan of Roger's style and play, but now he's just taking up a spot in the draw as far as I'm concerned! All those so called "miraculous" comebacks sound fantastic, but who does he do it against? Same for him going for broke early on against Nole in that Semi! We all knew it wouldn't last and sure enough we start hearing about "his groin!" SPARE ME! Where's the vomit emoticon on this thing? :sick: :pleading-face: :cry:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So in our heads we should figure Fed'll defend those points with no problem? I think his fans should start "whistling walking by the graveyard!" :rip: This might be "the end!" I don't want to hear about age or injury; if you can't handle it, "GET OUT!" I have always been a fan of Roger's style and play, but now he's just taking up a spot in the draw as far as I'm concerned! All those so called "miraculous" comebacks sound fantastic, but who does he do it against? Same for him going for broke early on against Nole in that Semi! We all knew it wouldn't last and sure enough we start hearing about "his groin!" SPARE ME! Where's the vomit emoticon on this thing? :sick: :pleading-face: :cry:
You are so protective of Federer. I hope his fans will hear you and beg him to retire.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
at 38 will need rest after miami..esp with olympics as well, so maybe fo will be his only clay tourney.

I agree he needs more rest at this age. He has unequivocally announced he will play RG. If he is playing RG, it does not make sense to go cold to the dirt.
So, I think bare minimum he should play just Rome. So, Fed should instead skip Miami. That way, he will get eight consecutive weeks of rest after IW and before Rome. Fed actually likes longer continuous rest periods nowadays as opposed to minor rest periods of a week here and week there.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, he'll only play RG (no Rome no Madrid)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is this really what we've sunk to? In any case, Roger had time to actually decide if he'll really play the clay season. I'm glad he's still game, though. As you say, you can't win it if you're not in it.
I don't think GSM and some of his Fed lovin Rafa hatin comrades ever had to sink..they have all ready been there

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think GSM and some of his Fed lovin Rafa hatin comrades ever had to sink..they have all ready been there
Dude, that comment was from last October, and you went back to quote it just to insult Federer fans? I know that, because I had no memory of what it referred to, so I clicked on that cunning little orange arrow by my name, and it took me back to the post you quoted. Clever feature. Must be part of the updated site. Nice! :thumbs-up:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
so fedster is playing dubai/iw/miami/french/halle/wimb/olympics..

after that he will be 39, can he 'do a jimmy' and reach sf of usopen.