Fed's schedule for 2020

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm a bit surprised about RG, but maybe shouldn't be. He knows his body and didn't get hurt there. He didn't lose Wimbledon due to physical issues - he lost because he's a big pussy ;).

But on a serious note, I'm glad to hear it. He has nearly 0% if Rafa and Novak are healthy, but I suppose Novak could be upset and Rafa injured and while there are still several others I'd favor over Roger, the idea of facing Zverev, Medvedev, or Thiem in the final is a bit less daunting than Djodal.
No chance Daniil or the fake German will reach RG F 2020. and I hope the pussy Austrian also will not.
It will be last chance for a Novak- Nadal final in Paris, looking at Novak’s decline, it’s only a hope to see this best possible matchup in Paris. I will be there for sure.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You going to RG this year? How fun. I think you will be disappointed, though, even if you get the final you're hoping for. Novak has tried many times to beat Rafa in his house, and only succeeded when he got the worst version of Nadal we've ever seen seen there. Hell, he lost to Stan in a final.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
You going to RG this year? How fun. I think you will be disappointed, though, even if you get the final you're hoping for. Novak has tried many times to beat Rafa in his house, and only succeeded when he got the worst version of Nadal we've ever seen seen there. Hell, he lost to Stan in a final.
Yes I will, why not I’m a fan of him. my hope lasts , hope he shows his full potential , still think his best is enough for everyone everywhere.
Stanislas played his best on clay this day, Novak didn’t.
Will be in Paris with my family, my daughter is joining an international judo tournament near Paris.
Will connect both events.

Reactions: don_fabio

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes I will, why not I’m a fan of him. my hope lasts , hope he shows his full potential , still think his best is enough for everyone everywhere.
Stanislas played his best on clay this day, Novak didn’t.
Will be in Paris with my family, my daughter is joining an international judo tournament near Paris.
Will connect both events.
Yeah, I know you're a big fan, and you should keep the faith. I just had to give you crap about it. :D Esp. with the cracks about "fake German" and "Austrian pussy." :yoda:

Reactions: Bonaca

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was expecting Fed to play RG next year so not really surprised with his decision. Good thing they will have that roof ready so we should enjoy tennis regardless of high wind or rain.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was expecting Fed to play RG next year so not really surprised with his decision. Good thing they will have that roof ready so we should enjoy tennis regardless of high wind or rain.
Taking all of the fun out of it. :D

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Taking all of the fun out of it. :D
Not on purpose, just stating what I tought before the news :)

He had a real good form this year RG/Wimbledon. Will he be able to repeat it that is the question? I have doubts he will do so well on both of these 2 slams again and if there is one where he could flop it is clearly RG.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

He had a real good form this year RG/Wimbledon. Will he be able to repeat it that is the question? I have doubts he will do so well on both of these 2 slams again and if there is one where he could flop it is clearly RG.
Sorry, that was a joke. (Nadal being best outdoors, what the wind did to Djokovic and Federer last year, etc.) ;) I'm still not 100% convinced Roger will play the clay this year. Depends on how the front part of the season goes, if you ask me.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It’s the opposite , raising the chances for my dream final in Paris ;-):.
Couldn’t imagine more fun.
Don't forget...the best your boy ever performed v. Rafa in a final was when it rained and the balls got heavy. If they'd closed the roof (that they didn't have at the time,) he wouldn't even have won a set. ::sw1::

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Don't forget...the best your boy ever performed v. Rafa in a final was when it rained and the balls got heavy. If they'd closed the roof (that they didn't have at the time,) he wouldn't even have won a set. ::sw1::
Haha that’s your hope?
You live in the past, what will be next year nobody knows. Novak is the only one who can beat your machine in Paris, he was the only human being to demolished him in straights. I would say he is the one with the green sword ;), you know the good one always wins in the end!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haha that’s your hope?
You live in the past, what will be next year nobody knows. Novak is the only one who can beat your machine in Paris, he was the only human being to demolished him in straights. I would say he is the one with the green sword ;), you know the good one always wins in the end!
This time last year I was getting all kinds of crap on the forums from the guys telling me that I live in the past re: Rafa winning RG again in 2019. Well, look what happened. I know your man didn't make the date and you regret that RG, as you've said, so I won't rub it in. But you can't put too much stake in "might-have-beens." Also, I wouldn't dine out too hard on the one where Novak did beat Rafa...with his then C- game. If the good one always wins in the end, then, at RG, that will be Rafa! Now we should probably take this to another thread, since this is the Fed fans one. You can meet me at the Rafa fans thread, for example.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
This time last year I was getting all kinds of crap on the forums from the guys telling me that I live in the past re: Rafa winning RG again in 2019. Well, look what happened. I know your man didn't make the date and you regret that RG, as you've said, so I won't rub it in. But you can't put too much stake in "might-have-beens." Also, I wouldn't dine out too hard on the one where Novak did beat Rafa...with his then C- game. If the good one always wins in the end, then, at RG, that will be Rafa! Now we should probably take this to another thread, since this is the Fed fans one. You can meet me at the Rafa fans thread, for example.
I know moxie, Rafa was in bad shape so was Novak several times.
I was only joking about the good one-stuff.
Your guy is the best ever on clay in terms of titles. I hate it but it is like it is, if his behaviour was different and of course his 1- dimensional game, I could be a fan of him. He is European, he is catholic and seems to be a family guy, everything I appreciate .
Let’s don’t fight, we are both fans of the game.
Enjoy this unique success of Nadal. Let’s see what happens next.
No rub in from my side also, big promise!

Reactions: atttomole

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know moxie, Rafa was in bad shape so was Novak several times.
I was only joking about the good one-stuff.
Your guy is the best ever on clay in terms of titles. I hate it but it is like it is, if his behaviour was different and of course his 1- dimensional game, I could be a fan of him. He is European, he is catholic and seems to be a family guy, everything I appreciate .
Let’s don’t fight, we are both fans of the game.
Enjoy this unique success of Nadal. Let’s see what happens next.
No rub in from my side also, big promise!
All good except for your saying that his behavior is incorrect, and that his game is one-dimensional. You're smarter than that. Don't be a tool of trolls.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
All good except for your saying that his behavior is incorrect, and that his game is one-dimensional. You're smarter than that. Don't be a tool of trolls.
Okay one dimensional in terms of everything about his success is built on his unique physical skills. And so is his game about in my opinion.
I can’t stand his behaviour , didn’t say it’s incorrect, please don’t misinterpret my words. You are also smarter than that.
His tics and , no let’s cut it here.
Allow me one Personal question: are you or were you kind of teacher , professional-wise I mean?

Reactions: atttomole

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Okay one dimensional in terms of everything about his success is built on his unique physical skills. And so is his game about in my opinion.
I can’t stand his behaviour , didn’t say it’s incorrect, please don’t misinterpret my words. You are also smarter than that.
His tics and , no let’s cut it here.
Allow me one Personal question: are you or were you kind of teacher , professional-wise I mean?
No one wins 19 Majors with a one-dimensional game. You don't like how Nadal behaves, and I don't care how Djokovic does, plenty of times. Federer, even. There's as much prejudice in that as dispassionate judgement from both of us. No, I'm not a teacher. Why do you ask?

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
No one wins 19 Majors with a one-dimensional game. You don't like how Nadal behaves, and I don't care how Djokovic does, plenty of times. Federer, even. There's as much prejudice in that as dispassionate judgement from both of us. No, I'm not a teacher. Why do

[/
Maybe one dimensional is the wrong term, his physical part of the game is the most dominant, I like finesse and variety, on all surfaces.
Of course nobody is perfect, I could slap Novak for his actual behaviour after matches. There is always prejudice/emotions in there. Your third last sentence is perfectly right!
Had this feeling often when reading your posts, maybe you are very experienced age-wise and obviously I misinterpret that. Sorry don’t want to offend you.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think the "physical" part of Nadal's game is the most dominant. Certainly no more that Djokovic's physicality is in his. But let's just point out that it's a sport, so it is physical. If they are great athletes, that's a bonus. Certainly Nadal's tough mentality and competitiveness is as much a factor, but you miss a lot about his game if you believe it has no finesse or variety. Defense to offense? Soft hands at the net? Great drop shots from all over the court? And I don't want to hit a sore spot, but he's got a much greater smash than Djokovic's.

Yes, I am very experienced, "age-wise." LOL at the "euphemism." And no, it doesn't offend me. :smooch:

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I have doubts as well, especially Paris. To me, it seems as if he’s still affected by the Wimbledon loss, with (for him) early losses in all events he’s entered since then (except Laver Cup, but that still feels more like an exhibition). And so much can happen in a year in the early and late stages of a player’s career. One year for Medvedev is the inverse of one year for Federer.

Reactions: Fiero425

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer should play the same tournaments he played in 2017.