Fed's schedule for 2020

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed will start 2020 by playing in ATP cup . The Swiss are in the same group as UK and so there may be a Murderer match there. Incidentally, the Hopman cup has become a casualty of the ATP cup (along with the regular ATP 250 tourneys in Brisbane and Sydney).
According to this article Fed has already decided about the clay season but is not apparently willing to disclose his decision at this time. Also in that article Fed hints about playing in 2022. So, Feddies don't sweat over Fed's retirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Fed will start 2020 by playing in ATP cup . The Swiss are in the same group as UK and so there may be a Murderer match there. Incidentally, the Hopman cup has become a casualty of the ATP cup (along with the regular ATP 250 tourneys in Brisbane and Sydney).
According to this article Fed has already decided about the clay season but is not apparently willing to disclose his decision at this time. Also in that article Fed hints about playing in 2022. So, Feddies don't sweat over Fed's retirement.

Even though I'd welcome a farewell tour from Roger, there's no real reason for him to exit outside of being "over it!" The NG's have failed so far in pushing him out; the latest still having time to make their mark! What was it we called Kei, Milos, & Grigor; the "Lost Generation?" A couple MAJOR Finals & SF's their only real claim to fame outside of Dimitrov dating Sharapova! He did eek out a little notoriety for them by winning a Masters and the YEC a couple years ago! Sascha has the ability, but hasn't shown much outside of a couple Masters wins and the YEC last season! Right now all our hopes and dreams about a change at the top is with Thiem, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, & Khachanov! Here's hopin'! :whistle: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Federer should play clay next season it helped this year at Wimbledon and overall game.

Fedal_fan

Reactions
Fed will play till he goes over Connors in terms of matches won and maybe singles titles won

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed isn't going to play on the clay especially since the odds of him capturing the title are slim at best.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed isn't going to play on the clay especially since the odds of him capturing the title are slim at best.

Decided only means that he has already taken a decision on whether or not to play during clay season and if so, what tourneys. It certainly includes the possibility of him not playing.

In fact, the chances are he won't play especially next year considering it is Olympic year.

Reactions: 10isfan and Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

You never know. At any rate we can say for sure that he can't win it if he is not in it. Now, he is in it at least.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You never know. At any rate we can say for sure that he can't win it if he is not in it. Now, he is in it at least.

His record and ranking will plummet next summer if he doesn't defend those points! If he manages to do well at the AO it might make up for it, but consistency's going to be a b!tch for someone trying to play tennis and travel the world at 38 years old! :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :sick:

Reactions: Jelenafan

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

I'm a bit surprised about RG, but maybe shouldn't be. He knows his body and didn't get hurt there. He didn't lose Wimbledon due to physical issues - he lost because he's a big pussy ;).

But on a serious note, I'm glad to hear it. He has nearly 0% if Rafa and Novak are healthy, but I suppose Novak could be upset and Rafa injured and while there are still several others I'd favor over Roger, the idea of facing Zverev, Medvedev, or Thiem in the final is a bit less daunting than Djodal.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'm a bit surprised about RG, but maybe shouldn't be. He knows his body and didn't get hurt there. He didn't lose Wimbledon due to physical issues - he lost because he's a big pussy ;).

But on a serious note, I'm glad to hear it. He has nearly 0% if Rafa and Novak are healthy, but I suppose Novak could be upset and Rafa injured and while there are still several others I'd favor over Roger, the idea of facing Zverev, Medvedev, or Thiem in the final is a bit less daunting than Djodal.

Knowing your body doesn't mean $#!t after 35 or so! You have no fk'n idea how your body will perform; esp. 6-7 months from now! :nono:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Knowing your body doesn't mean $#!t after 35 or so! You have no fk'n idea how your body will perform; esp. 6-7 months from now! :nono:

That's not what I meant. I meant that he played RG this year and didn't suffer too much from it, and I'm guessing he thinks he can do it again, based upon his knowledge of his own body. Of course he may still withdraw as a lot can happen between now and then.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It would be an amazing story if Nadal wins #21 at RG by beating Federer in the final. :-)2

Then during the ceremony Federer would already be there to actually present him with the trophy. :good:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It would be an amazing story if Nadal wins #21 at RG by beating Federer in the final. :-)2

It would be an even more interesting story if Roger beats Rafa in finals of RG'20, as if that happens Ralph would commit suicide and therefore he cannot win any more slams and the GOAT debate will end right there.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It would be an even more interesting story if Roger beats Rafa in finals of RG'20, as if that happens Ralph would commit suicide and therefore he cannot win any more slams and the GOAT debate will end right there.

Federer beating Rafa in a RG final?:lulz1::lol6:

Thanks so much for the laugh, you made my day! :lol3:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is this really what we've sunk to? In any case, Roger had time to actually decide if he'll really play the clay season. I'm glad he's still game, though. As you say, you can't win it if you're not in it.

Reactions: Bonaca

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

9g7uq7awmyr01.jpg

Reactions: Bonaca and Moxie