Davis Cup

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m bummed.

DC would lift journeyman players into Herculean play upsetting top players under DC pressure.

Who can forget the French upsetting Pete Sampras and company over 25 years ago?

What about the rabid, totally biased fans who could and would reduce a player to tears?

That is what I think of with Davis Cup, the tears. Either tears of unmitigated joy being lifted by the crowd or tears of sheer despondency of letting your team and country down.

If it just becomes another multi team tournament in neutral territory, it loses the special distinct allure of Davis Cup.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
This is only true if Serbia makes the semis of this years Davis Cup and the semis of the new event in eternity.

You think this is realistic?

Denis, i am not sure what you asked me. There are 4 teams to play Davis Cup semis this year and Serbia is not one of them.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Denis, i am not sure what you asked me. There are 4 teams to play Davis Cup semis this year and Serbia is not one of them.

You should read the details of the format of the new DC to understand his question.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
semis next we : France / Spain and Croatia / USA with Mr Ramos as one of the umpires....ITF supported him and said he was a good umpire...hope Isner won't insult him !!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
semis next we : France / Spain and Croatia / USA with Mr Ramos as one of the umpires....ITF supported him and said he was a good umpire...hope Isner won't insult him !!
Isner is not playing.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
injured Tsonga's in Lille to support France , he could be back in Wien if everything's OK

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Both France and Croatia took a 2-0 lead yesterday .Considering the line-ups I don't see this reversed in the last 3 matches.
The most surprising individual results was how dominating Paire sas in the match with PCB.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hewitt dismissed Thompson from the doubles match and he stepped in to play alongside Peers today. This match is critical because they lost both matches yesterday.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Benneteau/Mahut win the doubles with 3:0 against F.Lopez/ Granollers,therefore France is through to the finals .

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Horrible performance by Spain, it wasn’t any surprise without Nadal, Ferrer, Verdasco and Carreño who played injured

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Horrible performance by Spain, it wasn’t any surprise without Nadal, Ferrer, Verdasco and Carreño who played injured
They won it many times before. They will get over it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Today is Daniel Nestor's last match before the official retirement.
He plays alongside Pospisil for a last time In the Davis cup.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watched Austria vs Australia qualifier tie last night aussie time and what a great battle it was. Young Alex had two services breaks lead in the 4th but each time Dominic stepped up and came right back at him:

Austrian world number eight Dominic Thiem was full of praise for Alex de Minaur after being given a fright by the Australian teenager in their Davis Cup reverse singles rubber.

Thiem beat the 19-year-old 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 in an absorbing match that lasted almost three hours on outdoor clay at the Messe Congress complex in Graz on Sunday.

Despite the defeat, de Minaur's performance against one of the best players in the world on home soil and on his favoured surface is another positive sign in what's been a magnificent 12 months for the world number 38 from Sydney.

"Alex has proved he's world class this year," Thiem said.

"At the US Open he played really good which was on a pretty slow hard court so I was not that surprised by how well he played today."

The 25-year-old French Open finalist, who also ended Rafael Nadal's 51-week unbeaten run on clay at the Madrid Open in May, delivered his nation an unassailable 3-1 lead to ensure they'll be seeded in February's qualifying round for the new-look competition.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...iem-impressed-by-australia-de-minaur/10254712

Reactions: britbox

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it'll be difficult for France vs Croatia, hope they can make it happen

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DC's final : Chardy vs Coric then Tsonga vs Cilic
hope we can defend our title for the last edition

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie