Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Djokovic in 3

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True but physical prowess is more than just stamina or speed.

Novak has the most uncanny Ted Williams like eye to hand coordination for ROS, and Rafa’s serve placement these days is better than ever even without the 130-140 mph heat the big servers use.

We all know the Gumby like flexibility of Novak and Rafa’s good sense when to close off a point at net.

Having said that , I rarely hear Roger discussed among the “ slower” players of the tour, and his stamina through conditioning seems among the best, so if they have more physical prowess, it’s usually the battle between the eyes “ mental” when they best Roger.

Certainly Novak didn’t blow Roger off the court with sheer “ physical prowess” in Cincinnati.
The point is they rely way more on their stamina than Roger, not that Roger doesn’t have stamina. It is clear to everyone that those two are physical beasts.

It does not mean that those two have nothing else to their game. Djokovic is the best serve returner, and it is amazing to watch when he returns the ball back to the feet of the server. He is a good all round tennis player. Nadal is amazing with his forehand/top spin and net play, but I would not say that his serve is that good.

Even in his prime, Roger never had the physicality of those two.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
When Federer could not manage to get to the ball in a fierce rally in the final and finally missed the ball completely, I saw something. I felt something terrible. He really looked 37. No doubt about it.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
When Federer could not manage to get to the ball in a fierce rally in the final and finally missed the ball completely, I saw something. I felt something terrible. He really looked 37. No doubt about it.

The Laver Cup will be more his speed; won't have to play any "great" Europeans! That'll help! :whistle: :p :rolleyes: o_O :ptennis:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Relying on stamina in around 80 minutes match in which majority of points were up to 3 shots and the winner won most of those?! Right.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Relying on stamina in around 80 minutes match in which majority of points were up to 3 shots and the winner won most of those?! Right.
Stamina is required to recover from previous matches, and it’s harder for older players....what don’t you understand?

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ahhh

Good to see some of my old friends going at it.

Fed too old? Been hearing this since 2008! When nole started beating him and nadal took over #1! According to Fed fans, FEd has been too old since 2008 and yet he somehow, miraculously, inexplicably, managed to win 2 slams in 2017, own his nemesis nadal and regain #1.

Age has become less of a factor today, heck, the 3 slam winners this year are all over 30! Wasn’t thirty ‘old’ back in 80s and 90s? Not today, seems players are peaking around 30 these days.

Fed is 37, he will most likley not be around when he’s 40 but the main reason he lost was that djokovic was relentless and wanted this badly. When nole is in form, he has been the best player since 2011 and when he’s offensive, as he was in sunday, he’s very difficult to beat. His defense is always incredible and i don’t think people appreciate the movement he showed on sunday, some of those stretch backhands were crazy. The insane defense, relentless pressure off return, off the ground and good serving made it a rough ride for fed and fed wasn’t ready for a rough ride.
Who said he was too old in 2008? I think you made it up.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It all looked on Fed’s side before the final. History favoured him because he won the tournament 7 times to Nole’s none and 3 of those 7 times were against Nole.

Federer played one match less to get to the final and to lesser opponents. On his way to the final Fed had to play #47, #50, #151 and injured #11, practically nobody, while Nole had to play #33, #28, #5, #29 and #7. So, Nole had to beat 6 top 35 players to win the title, while Fed beat only one such player who was also injured to get to the final. But it is normally like that, huge imbalance in opposition between Nole and his rivals, especially Federer.

However, no one can deny to Nole, this title was totally deserved.

Congratulations to Nole and all his fans.

Finally, I’d like to paraphrase Robbie Koenig, Nole gave his rivals two years to win their titles while he was off, now he will catch up with them.
He wasn’t away for two years, make it up as you go? Yes the title was well deserved and in fact overdue but putting down other players isn’t a boost to the legacy of your idol. Ok Fed sucks and is shitty, so Novaks win comes from beating a shitty player....an old one too!

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
He wasn’t away for two years, make it up as you go? Yes the title was well deserved and in fact overdue but putting down other players isn’t a boost to the legacy of your idol. Ok Fed sucks and is shitty, so Novaks win comes from beating a shitty player....an old one too!

Don't make up. First time he lost to Novak in slams he made up mono, from then on his fans started with that crappy shitty form and similar lies. He only seemingly plays badly when Novak beats him because Novak is a better player so he makes Federer look worse than he is.

And yes he way too often gets easy draws. He built his career on that. I say that because that is the fact and not because of the reasons you fantasized.

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't make up. First time he lost to Novak in slams he made up mono, from then on his fans started with that crappy shitty form and similar lies. He only seemingly plays badly when Novak beats him because Novak is a better player so he makes Federer look worse than he is.

And yes he way too often gets easy draws. He built his career on that. I say that because that is the fact and not because of the reasons you fantasized.

It must be nice to live in a dream world. I seem to remember 2017 AO where he had a potential draw of Berd, Nishikori, Murray, Stan, and Djoker starting in the third round. That looks harder than Djoker's draw at this past Wimbledon. And the actual path was way harder too, Djoker only had to beat Nadal and that's in indoor grass where Rafa blows.

Djoker's draw at this USO is pretty easy too, he has cupcakes and a 37 year old on his last legs who you say was an overrated scrub in his mid 20's to begin with.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djoker only had to beat Nadal and that's in indoor grass where Rafa blows.

It’s really an art form (of sorts) to denigrate both the finalists at Wimbledon in order to diminish that W championship because your guy lost in the quarters.

On second thought maybe it’s not an art form.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s really an art form (of sorts) to denigrate both the finalists at Wimbledon in order to diminish that W championship because your guy lost in the quarters.

On second thought maybe it’s not an art form.

And Mastoor was basically doing the same thing by bringing up Roger's Australian Open draw. Do you bother to read through these threads?

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Mastoor was basically doing the same thing by bringing up Roger's Australian Open draw. Do you bother to read through these threads?

Hmmmm..I thought you specifically brought up the 2017 AO draw.

Didn’t Mastoor bring up their respective draws in the Cincinnati Masters?

Well , irrespective, the players don’t pick the draw, they just have to play whoever is in front of them.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well we get to enjoy this match a couple times today! It wasn't a great match, but meant a lot to Nole making him the sole winner of the Golden Masters! It's about done now, but will repeat tonight at 8 PM EST on Tennis Channel! Enjoy; I know I did! Roger looked so old and tired! :whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes: :ptennis: