BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2024 - ATP Masters 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I see Ben Shelton won in 3 sets
I will now watch Alcaraz's match live, Matteo's last match was sub par, he really had to dig deep and won in 2 TBs sets

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yes he did and won the 1st set 64, Ben and his high risk return choices? I feel like a broken record, for the life of me why cant his dad see and try to correct, or get Ben to show more patience and build and put pressure on the server with his return game, it is soooo frustrating.
Ben will have to go to the scenic route if he wants to win, quite frankly I am over watching him,
He's too busy being box office Ben that those quaint, effective shots are boring and so not his M.O.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Mensik with the break. Let’s see if he can consolidate to win the set. Big Ben continues to exhibit faulty choices when it counts.

Ben & his team have put too much pressure on the guy! Hot-dogging & disrespecting his Seniors has caught up w/ him! Expectations are too high, too soon! We have to give him a bit more time to make better decisions while out there! It's gonna turn into a mental game all too soon w/ him! Other players are floundering a little; Alcaraz, Rune, Tsitsipas! We can only hope they come out of it soon! :angry-face: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He's too busy being box office Ben that those quaint, effective shots are boring and so not his M.O.
He and Chuck have that in common, unfortunately. It seems to them a successful match is how many points they can put on the highlight reel. Winning is secondary, but (usually) the byproduct.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He and Chuck have that in common, unfortunately. It seems to them a successful match is how many points they can put on the highlight reel. Winning is secondary, but (usually) the byproduct.
Ben is a product of college tennis dont you think, the way he carries on lol! I wont watch him till he fixes up that return game, whenever that will be
Winning a tennis match is not about the 'highlight reel' :)

Reactions: nehmeth

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yep. And true to his form of late. Chuck falls into mediocrity spraying it around after showing some brilliance in getting the break

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like that shot...he went too big, when he should have just won the point.

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think he went to Red Bean's skool of muscle. He's emulating his idol. A very good thing as both were toothpicks

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he went to Red Bean's skool of muscle. He's emulating his idol. A very good thing as both were toothpicks
Stop that, it is in their genes, if you look closely at Jannik's knee area he has put on some muscle slightly