BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2024 - ATP Masters 1000

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I had to watch the match seeing Jannik was playing Ben lol! how many times have we both said Get A Coach Ben:)
After watching tennis for 50+ years of my life, the number of uber talented players that never achieve greatness is maddening. Tsitsipas, Shelton, Rune in this present group. You wish them the best and guard your heart against a career of disappointment and almosts. Ben and Rune have time. Stef?!?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
After watching tennis for 50+ years of my life, the number of uber talented players that never achieve greatness is maddening. Tsitsipas, Shelton, Rune in this present group. You wish them the best and guard your heart against a career of disappointment and almosts. Ben and Rune have time. Stef?!?
I have given up on Stef, I watched his match against Jiri, he ran out of ideas, no confidence at all, that BH? and he still thinks his dad is the best coach for him period

• Sad
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just heard Alex de Minaur has blamed the changed weather conditions in IW one of the reasons he lost? that was on our sports radio here in Sydney
LOl! Alex you have to adjust your play in windy conditions :) move on okay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mixed Doubles matches tomorrow in Indian Wells
Stadium 4
Starts at 12.00 noon,

M.Pavic/B.Mattek-Sands vs J.Peers/D.Saville
J.Withrow/T.Townsend vs T.Machac/K.Siniakova
M.Ebden/S.Hunter vs J.Salisbury/E.Shibahara
E.Roger-Vasselin/C/Garcia vs A.Harris/D.Krawczyk

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just heard Alex de Minaur has blamed the changed weather conditions in IW one of the reasons he lost? that was on our sports radio here in Sydney
LOl! Alex you have to adjust your play in windy conditions :) move on okay
I think that win over Djoke and the Aca title have inflated his ego. He doesn't believe he should lose, especially not to Zed. He's living in Lala land. Smelling salts are needed pronto

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Regarding Tsitsipas, I think the biggest problem is the lack of competitive fire. Say what you want about Rublev, Zverev, Shelton, Rune. They may step over the line, but at least they show passion. You don't see that with Tsitsipas. It doesn't matter if he keeps his father as coach or gets a new one, they can only do so much if Tsitsipas doesn't want it bad enough.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Regarding Tsitsipas, I think the biggest problem is the lack of competitive fire. Say what you want about Rublev, Zverev, Shelton, Rune. They may step over the line, but at least they show passion. You don't see that with Tsitsipas. It doesn't matter if he keeps his father as coach or gets a new one, they can only do so much if Tsitsipas doesn't want it bad enough.
His problem is puppy love, plain and simple. He's done nothing since he hooked up w/ Paula. He seems content w/ subpar play and results. She as well hasn't done anything. She, apparently is too injured to play matches, but not so injured that there's no hanky-panky going on.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh Please have you watched his Bh and BH slice? players attack it with ease,? I suggest you watch one his his matches,nothing to do with passion, he has no confidence what so ever , run out of ideas., he like Ben Shelton needs he a Coach, I am over him he hasnt improved in the area's he needs to.

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Paul has brought Luca Nardi back down to earth, like I thought:) defeated Luca 64 63
Luca you will have fond memories of defeating your idol Novak Djokovic at IW,!

Medvedev d Dimitrov booked his place in the QFs defeating Dimitrov 64 64

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
His problem is puppy love, plain and simple. He's done nothing since he hooked up w/ Paula. He seems content w/ subpar play and results. She as well hasn't done anything. She, apparently is too injured to play matches, but not so injured that there's no hanky-panky going on.
I think his problems started before he hooked up with Paula. He's too in love with himself. He got told he was the "Greek God" too early in his career, fell in love with his patterns, but doesn't have the killer instinct. He also suffers from the one-hander shanks. And see Margaret's comments above. He needs a proper coach, and he needs to understand that other changes must be made, too.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Big tennis question of the week. Why is Nike dressing up it’s players to look like Good n’ Plenty candy??

IMG_5789.jpeg

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There doesn’t seem to be as much wind out there this evening, but a lot of shots are sailing long. Should be a nice match when Fritz and Rune settle in.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Taylor Fritz ' bhand' on song in this 1st set against Rune, 6-2, Fritz is 'destroying the ball",
Holgers return game has to improve in the 2nd set for starters

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Dane is getting clowned out there. He better listen to Patrick and settle down

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think his problems started before he hooked up with Paula. He's too in love with himself. He got told he was the "Greek God" too early in his career, fell in love with his patterns, but doesn't have the killer instinct. He also suffers from the one-hander shanks. And see Margaret's comments above. He needs a proper coach, and he needs to understand that other changes must be made, too.
I don't disagree that he was a headcase before Paula, but it sure hasn't gotten any better w/ her around. In fact, it's gotten progressively worse. They don't seem well suited for each other in professional terms.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think the issue with a lot of players like Tsitsipas and Zverev is they envision themselves winning the match because everything clicks, and then at some point the match turns, and they don’t have any plan B to get back on track. A match isn’t over until the last ball is struck, and I don’t think some players remember that and are in it for the long haul. They dwell on the fact that they blew a lead and should have probably been done an hour ago rather than come into a match and realize it may take an extra hour to get the win.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't disagree that he was a headcase before Paula, but it sure hasn't gotten any better w/ her around. In fact, it's gotten progressively worse. They don't seem well suited for each other in professional terms.
Fine, but it seems superfluous to blame the GF, and vice versa. Issues were already huge for Tsitsipas, anyway.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune seems to have lost his nerve. What happened to his aggressive game?