ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Guys, about the Serena-Thiem debacle... it is a huge click-bait and I cannot believe you are not getting this. Tournament organizers obviously are to blame here (do you people think that it is the first time a player makes demands or behaves as a spoiled princess? Tournament organizers are supposed to handle this kind of thing with ease by now.). Yes, Serena has a past of bad behavior and it is precisely that which is being explored. Her haters are waiting for a chance to pounce, her fans to defend her... guys on the press see the opportunity to earn clicks and retweets and whatever....

...and some smart ass sucker writes the word "feminism" in a post, and then it gets viral. This is sensationalism, tabloid stuff. Luckily Federer gave a lighter spin to it.
however he ended it with that Williams should have waited for her freaking turn, like everybody else. Don't get smart here, think only you know whats going on?

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Paire can't buy a first serve right now. Going for too much. But still. None landing. A double fault. Another great point from Kei and it's double break point. Finds a first serve to save the first. But buries the first serve in the net again and Nishikori crushes the second serve again. 4-5. On serve.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Paire can't buy a first serve right now. Going for too much. But still. None landing. A double fault. Another great point from Kei and it's double break point. Finds a first serve to save the first. But buries the first serve in the net again and Nishikori crushes the second serve again. 4-5. On serve.
I have no words to describe this. Now Nishikori should be broken again I guess, WTA here?

Reactions: Bonaca

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Guys, about the Serena-Thiem debacle... it is a huge click-bait and I cannot believe you are not getting this. Tournament organizers obviously are to blame here (do you people think that it is the first time a player makes demands or behaves as a spoiled princess? Tournament organizers are supposed to handle this kind of thing with ease by now.). Yes, Serena has a past of bad behavior and it is precisely that which is being explored. Her haters are waiting for a chance to pounce, her fans to defend her... guys on the press see the opportunity to earn clicks and retweets and whatever....

...and some smart ass sucker writes the word "feminism" in a post, and then it gets viral. This is sensationalism, tabloid stuff. Luckily Federer gave a lighter spin to it.
this post is full of shit anyway. since when does someone push into front of queue not to be blamed but we lay the blame the shop staff for not doing their job? I don't care if you are her big fan but this is clearly bs to say she wasn't the one to blame but only the staff who handled it. of course shit like this happens a lot and the perpetrators get away with it because there are many like you....call it twisted morality.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Some fantastic backhands here from Nishikori. Paire weathering just about everything Nishikori throws at him. But not everything. Nishikori just about one shot better here now. Like Paire was earlier. 5-all.

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Kei did it in Set 2 and 4, came back and give it away in the TB.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Wow another break for Kei. tight battle of nerves

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori just.... man. A warrior. Paire.... just.... I don't even quite know how to describe it. Just finding it harder to get it over the top of the net. Like. He was making those drop shots and floaters on the stretch and now not. Just being stretched just a bit more by Kei. Kei's shots maybe with just a bit more on them. Maybe. And Paire maybe just getting ever so slightly tired. Seems just a step slower maybe. I think that's what it looks like.

Kei serving for it. Paire takes the first battle/point.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

I wish we could all be as smart as you mate. By the way I'm not sure how watching the actual film of what happened to Thiem on tv can be called click-bait, but have your way ;) You can blame the organisers if you want, you can even claim that Serena knew nothing about the interview room being used. It simply wouldn't make sense. She's been around, she knows perfectly well that if she is being asked to wait it's because the room is being used. But as I said we can't see all angles like you can. What I care about is Thiem being slandered for not liking being disrespected

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori just.... man. A warrior. Paire.... just.... I don't even quite know how to describe it. Just finding it harder to get it over the top of the net. Like. He was making those drop shots and floaters on the stretch and now not. Just being stretched just a bit more by Kei. Kei's shots maybe with just a bit more on them. Maybe. And Paire maybe just getting ever so slightly tired. Seems just a step slower maybe. I think that's what it looks like.

Kei serving for it. Paire takes the first battle/point.
I think that game at 1:4 and later 2:4 were crucial. Paire unable to push a bit more to break Nishikori at 1:4 when Kei looked very weak and later in the next game no need to mention, he gifted him a few points there and that was it. Nishikori was alive again.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Screw that. Nishikori's legs are already toast lol. He'll be lucky to win 8 games next round ffs.
yup. That one's as good as a w/o. Wtf he made a mountain out of beating Paire I'll never know :facepalm:

Reactions: Bonaca

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Ah a beautiful lob. Just beautiful.

Eck! Just clips the tape. Oy.

Constructs that point so well to get to 40-30. Fantastic footwork and speed to get around the backhand for the forehand down the line.

And gets the final point.

My goodness. What a friggin warrior! Just... never, ever gives up. Never stops believing. And against someone like Paire, you shouldn't. Even down 4-2 40-15. In that time period, Paire was so good and Nishikori had the double faults I finally broke. I said, ok. I like Paire. He's been sensational. Nishikori has never been unbeatable. His serve will always be attackable. I'm ok with this. Paire will not have chances like this often. And almost as soon as I did, there he was. Just battling. Taking the luck he got. Taking full advantage. Seeing it as a sign that Paire can't quite finish it. And .... just truly a remarkable turnaround. 23 and 6 now in five setters. Special. Truly special. Still not the best player in the draw. Can't see him beating Nadal, though I'm hoping for a full on battle. Annndd....

This gets him to his fourth straight slam quarterfinal. First time in his career he's been healthy enough and playing well enough (maybe just some good draws) to get that done. Almost didn't happen. Djere and Paire taking advantage of his weaknesses and doing everything they could to get him done. But with 5 sets available, Nishikori uses every last bit of what's available to him to eek out some tight ones. To let one more shot be good enough. To be one shot better. And that's just about the only difference. Absolute warrior!

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I will watch women instead lol
I will punish me and watch it. Dont know why? Hopefully Maestro wins in straights to give the bull at least one test before the final!

Status
Not open for further replies.