ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Umpire is scared to do his job. Perseus should have lost that 5-4 game when he hit that ball in the stands.
I got one eye on my kid. I know something happened there, not quite sure what. Can you explain?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have no eyes on my kid anymore, this match is everything now.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He converts the 6 set point

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I got one eye on my kid. I know something happened there, not quite sure what. Can you explain?
Earlier in the set after he lost serve, he smashed a racquet during the changeover. He was given a warning. Stan had GP and Perseus hit a ball into the stands. That should have been a point penalty and game over, but the umpire didn't say anything

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Earlier in the set after he lost serve, he smashed a racquet during the changeover. He was given a warning. Stan had GP and Perseus hit a ball into the stands. That should have been a point penalty and game over, but the umpire didn't say anything
Thanks. Agree.

Recently one of the youngsters, forgot which one, mentioned some preferential treatment of the big 3 from the umpires and now the greek got away with such a thing.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Two double faults in this game by Tsitsipas. I'm getting rather used to hearing "egalite."

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stefanos had a warning when he had a tantrum coming off the court being broken.
Then, when Stan drop shotted him, he arrived late to the ball which bounced twice, then he kicked it into the stands. This was supposed to be resulting in a penalty point according to the rules.

Reactions: don_fabio

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks. Agree.

Recently one of the youngsters, forgot which one, mentioned some preferential treatment of the big 3 from the umpires and now the greek got away with such a thing.

Preferential treatment for stars is common in all sports. You pay your dues, earn respect, and you get a little extra special treatment. For baseball fans, think Greg Maddux's strike zone...umpires were very generous.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks. Agree.

There is preferential treatment for the top players. I've been watching tennis too long not to see it. Not to excuse Serena's behavior because she was wrong what she did at the USO, but things like this underline why she's angry the rules aren't applied evenly across the board.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
There is preferential treatment for the top players. I've been watching tennis too long not to see it. Not to excuse Serena's behavior because she was wrong what she did at the USO, but things like this underline why she's angry the rules aren't applied evenly across the board.

Serves her right for the horrible "death stares" she gives opponents. They're almost as bad as if not worse than Sharapova's horrible stares at this stage. Kenin even mentioned in her interview that Serena gave her a "death stare" but she just shrugged it off and got on with playing as all players should. None of the men really give those horrible stares tbh.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The young Greek has had quite a few mis-hits but boy is he legit. He's an elite player and unless Thiem pulls off this title somehow he's the best bet for a first player born in the 90s to win a Slam. He's very close.
For me, Stefano's was legit already after the last season. His surge and results overall was star-like

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serves her right for the horrible "death stares" she gives opponents. They're almost as bad as if not worse than Sharapova's horrible stares at this stage. Kenin even mentioned in her interview that Serena gave her a "death stare" but she just shrugged it off and got on with playing as all players should. None of the men really give those horrible stares tbh.
Giving death stares doesn't result in a warning or a point penalty. You don't have to like her but you have to come better than that with your argument

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Giving death stares doesn't result in a warning or a point penalty. You don't have to like her but you have to come better than that with your argument

I liked her years ago but lost all respect for her a long, long time ago. I realize those stares don't give any penalty but they're just unnecessarily unpleasant and shows her true personality imo.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I liked her years ago but lost all respect for her a long, long time ago. I realize those stares don't give any penalty but they're just unnecessarily unpleasant and shows her true personality imo.
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. It doesn't take away the fact the rules aren't applied evenly. That's all I'm saying.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see it too. One of the reasons they introduced 25 second rule between serves.

Looks like the umpire purposely did like that today. Maybe he sees the greek as the star already.

Okay I write too much, back to this amazing match.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I see it too. One of the reasons they introduced 25 second rule between serves.

Looks like the umpire purposely did like that today. Maybe he sees the greek as the star already.

Okay I write too much, back to this amazing match.
That's what it was about. The player you mentioned earlier was saying the top players get preferential treatment because they don't get called consistently for violating that serve clock. It was during one of the clay warmups this year.

Reactions: don_fabio

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
First blood to Wawrinka. This third set isn't pretty, but that is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.