2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why are Danielle Collins and Madison Keys playing WTA500 Strasburg when both players made SFs in Rome?

Madness with a captiol M!

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
New WTA Top 10 Monday 20th May,

1. Swiatek 11,695 points
2. Sabalenka 8,138
3. Coco Gauff 7,638
4. Rybakina 5,673
5. Pegula 4,655
6. Vondrousova 4,035
7. Sakkari (+1) 3,980
8. Zheng (-1) 3,945
9. Jabeur 3,748
10. Ostapenko 3,318

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
New Career Highs on WTA Top 100,

36. Yuan
43. Burel
47 Schnaider
65. Krueger
80 Uchijima
87 Bouzas Maneiro
89. Scramkova ( top 100 debut )
90. B.Fruhvirtova
93. Riera

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why are Danielle Collins and Madison Keys playing WTA500 Strasburg when both players made SFs in Rome?

Madness with a captiol M!
Banshee I can understand. This is her last year, she might like playing in France. Madi, who knows?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Banshee I can understand. This is her last year, she might like playing in France. Madi, who knows?
I just hope The Banshee dosent tire herself out seeing RG is just around the corner, I dont like any player especially when they have done well, like both players making the SFs of a WTA1000 event, playing a tournament so close to a major

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the WTA500 Strasbourg tournament today,

Barbora Krejcikova continues to struggle with illness and injury in 2024, as Samsonova won their match 62 67(7) 64
Krejcikova is on a four match losing streak and has not won a completed match since defeating Mira Andreeva in the 4th round of the AO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I just read a twitter post from Bajin wishing Parks all the best in the future, citing differences in vision and work agreement as possible reasons for the separation.
Hopefully Parkes can find a coach she can get along with, as a player you do spend a lot of time together.Parkes has a good serve, though she does need help with her ground strokes, last time I watched her play.
Sasha Bajin or Kauma Murray needs to go work with Keys immediately.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. Appearance fee hogging gold digger. Guess she must be short on funds for her 'roids.
Fronty the Greek goddess works out very much and hard. I think she has Always been a physical specimen of tennis player

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sasha Bajin or Kauma Murray needs to go work with Keys immediately.
Well Sasha Bajin is available he and Parkes no longer work together

BTW Parkes has actually won a match, she is playing qualies at RG, still dont know if she has a new coach

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek having a hit up with Friends star Courtney Cox, Iga unveiled her new RG Kit ( looks like a tied-eye combo of blue and orange running though the dress? okay when did Tied Eye make a return to the fashion stakes lol!

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Iga Swiatek having a hit up with Friends star Courtney Cox, Iga unveiled her new RG Kit ( looks like a tied-eye combo of blue and orange running though the dress? okay when did Tied Eye make a return to the fashion stakes lol!
I love tie-dyed outfits and change is good because that white and cerise combo is tired.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Lil Bit doesn't seem to have that fire these days. I thought she was gonna win that match vs Snova..well at least she's getting a lot of endorsements from ONLY making one grandslam semis and finals.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I love tie-dyed outfits and change is good because that white and cerise combo is tired.
Well the number that Iga was wearing was a bit too much for me, some of the Nike outfits this year for women and the men leave a lot to be desired, though Nike, and their outfits for a long time has been Yuck to put it mildly.:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Lil Bit doesn't seem to have that fire these days. I thought she was gonna win that match vs Snova..well at least she's getting a lot of endorsements from ONLY making one grandslam semis and finals.
Leylah faded in the 3rd set sad to say, at least she turns up in tournaments and tries after her finalist at the USO, unlike Emma Raducanu who wants wild cards into tournaments, has withdrawn from RG, after she didnt receive a wild card, saying she is concentrating for the Grass and HC season lol!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Leylah faded in the 3rd set sad to say, at least she turns up in tournaments and tries after her finalist at the USO, unlike Emma Raducanu who wants wild cards into tournaments, has withdrawn from RG, after she didnt receive a wild card, saying she is concentrating for the Grass and HC season lol!
Lil Bit let the USO finals lights get inside her head. She had no business losing to Emma.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lil Bit let the USO finals lights get inside her head. She had no business losing to Emma.
Emma on the day deserved her win, she is a player when 'on' that can take the racket out of your hands, still her form after that has been Poor! and she has never produced that form she did during the USO

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma on the day deserved her win, she is a player when 'on' that can take the racket out of your hands, still her form after that has been Poor! and she has never produced that form she did during the USO
I think that Leylah was playing a lot better tennis that late summer fortnight,

Leylah defeated the third seed and defending champion, Naomi Osaka, in three sets in the third round,[14] former world-number-one and three-time major champion, Angelique Kerber, in the fourth round, in three sets,[15] and fifth seed Elina Svitolina in the quarterfinals, again in three sets, to reach her maiden major semifinal a day after her 19th birthday. She then defeated Aryna Sabalenka, the second seed, to reach her first major final. Emma was playing great but her path to the final wasnt no where as difficult as Miss Lil Bit. @kskate2 Miss Keli.. Your thoughts!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think that Leylah was playing a lot better tennis that late summer fortnight,

Leylah defeated the third seed and defending champion, Naomi Osaka, in three sets in the third round,[14] former world-number-one and three-time major champion, Angelique Kerber, in the fourth round, in three sets,[15] and fifth seed Elina Svitolina in the quarterfinals, again in three sets, to reach her maiden major semifinal a day after her 19th birthday. She then defeated Aryna Sabalenka, the second seed, to reach her first major final. Emma was playing great but her path to the final wasnt no where as difficult as Miss Lil Bit. @kskate2 Miss Keli.. Your thoughts!
AP you can only play the draw that is in front of you? so if you are using the excuse that Leylah could not win because of her draw, that is rubbish okay, Emma came through qualies to begin with?
Draws pan out, Emma has more weapons than Leylah to begin with, to me she hasnt got the weapons to win a GS title, she is tiny in stature and has to use her speed around the court to begin with,. I am not putting her down, she does well with what weapons she does have.
Would you like me to clean your Leylah Fernandez glasses for you)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher