2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes..but that was not necessary to use such expletives.That is a miserable child or is depressed.
Well she lost her match today, so I dont think that will her her cause at all, she is such a 'highly strung' young woman to begin with.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alycia Parkes suffers her 13th loss in a row going out to WC Girogia Pedone in Parma, I dont know what her current coaching situation is presently as Parkes has not worked with Sasha Bajin since Miami and their partnership only lasted 2 tournaments.

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alycia Parkes suffers her 13th loss in a row going out to WC Girogia Pedone in Parma, I dont know what her current coaching situation is presently as Parkes has not worked with Sasha Bajin since Miami and their partnership only lasted 2 tournaments.
This seems like a mental thing and why she doesn't seek help from say Venus I don't understand.She was hobnobbing with the sisters a while ago why not ask for information on how to overcome all this.I heard that Venus is approachable and helpful.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This seems like a mental thing and why she doesn't seek help from say Venus I don't understand.She was hobnobbing with the sisters a while ago why not ask for information on how to overcome all this.I heard that Venus is approachable and helpful.
I just read a twitter post from Bajin wishing Parks all the best in the future, citing differences in vision and work agreement as possible reasons for the separation.
Hopefully Parkes can find a coach she can get along with, as a player you do spend a lot of time together.Parkes has a good serve, though she does need help with her ground strokes, last time I watched her play.

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma Raducanu has withdrawn from Strasburg., I cant find a reason why at present, quite frankly she needs match play

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I just read a twitter post from Bajin wishing Parks all the best in the future, citing differences in vision and work agreement as possible reasons for the separation.
Hopefully Parkes can find a coach she can get along with, as a player you do spend a lot of time together.Parkes has a good serve, though she does need help with her ground strokes, last time I watched her play.
She also needs an attitude adjustment because she seems very angry.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
True. Parkes needs a coach to try to harness all that raw power..she will get TIRED of loosing.. Every athletic person does

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Main draw wild cards for Roland Garros Note: Halep, Radacunu, Wozniacki didnt receive one.

Cornet
Jacguemot
Mladenovic
Paquet
Ponchot
Tomljanovic (AUS) reciprocal wild card
Vickery (USA) reciprocal wild card

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For a second time Halep has retired in a match this time in the WTA Trophee Clarins,
Halep was up a set but down a break in the 2nd set against American Kessler with a knee injury
Seeing Halep was not given a WC into RG, I wonder if she will play qualifers.

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
For a second time Halep has retired in a match this time in the WTA Trophee Clarins,
Halep was up a set but down a break in the 2nd set against American Kessler with a knee injury
Seeing Halep was not given a WC into RG, I wonder if she will play qualifers.
I think she has been on the juice long before she was caught.I have a hunch that she started after she lost to pova at RG.Halep.is a dope fiend and we know it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think she has been on the juice long before she was caught.I have a hunch that she started after she lost to pova at RG.Halep.is a dope fiend and we know it.
Halep said the reason she is picking up unjuries is she is not match fit? whatever Halep lol!

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Players confirmed for WTA500 Berlin,
Swiatek
Sabalenka
Gauff
Sakkari
Osaka
Kerber

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The AO 2025 is set for 12-26th January 2025. For the 2nd straight year the main draw action will begin on a Sunday, a change to the tournament's schedule which fans have enthusiastically embraced

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now official,
The WTA500 in Eastbourne UK, will change location to the Queens Club, London and take place the week of June 9 in the first week of the grass season.
WTA1000 events Montreal and Cincinnati will expand to 12 day tournament over 3 weeks in the Summer