2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Noone deserves to win a title You Have To Earn It BTW
If anyone that is deserving of winning it has to be Jazz look what she has done on the grass this year?
Still she has to earn the title full stop

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Jazz is now Top 5 in the WTA Race ahead of Sabalenka after Wimbledon
Unbelievable!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elena Rybakina doesnt sound too upset with her loss, she said she will take the positives out of the 2 weeks at Wimbledon?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tossip

I know you didnt like Vekic that much lol!
I have never 'warmed' to Babs at all, out of all the Czech players over the years
Remember when she said he should be considered in the Top 3 after she won RG? honestly she is a good doubles player won career doubles and Gold medal in doubles, though after she won RG nothing much, though she has had injuries, a bad back injury
Give me Petra Kvitova any day I met Petra at at Sydney tournament many years ago, doing some work for another tennis website Petra is just delightful

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tossip

I know you didnt like Vekic that much lol!
I have never 'warmed' to Babs at all, out of all the Czech players over the years
Remember when she said he should be considered in the Top 3 after she won RG? honestly she is a good doubles player won career doubles and Gold medal in doubles, though after she won RG nothing much, though she has had injuries, a bad back injury
Give me Petra Kvitova any day I met Petra at at Sydney tournament many years ago, doing some work for another tennis website Petra is just delightful
Babs is not easy to warm.up to.I have never really paid much attention to her.
Today I kinda felt sorry for Donna because she really really tried and it was not her day.The ending of her match against Jasmine was heartbreaking for her.
I hope we get a good final..3 sets
I am pulling for Jasmine and hope this time she is mentally ready.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Babs is not easy to warm.up to.I have never really paid much attention to her.
Today I kinda felt sorry for Donna because she really really tried and it was not her day.The ending of her match against Jasmine was heartbreaking for her.
I hope we get a good final..3 sets
I am pulling for Jasmine and hope this time she is mentally ready.
Sad for Donna as she was going to retire after her knee surgery, earlier this year, though she can be proud of herself making the SF, she loves the grass
I want a competitive match for the final,
Whoever wins it will have to play their best in the final,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have another Italian to watch in the SF my lovable sometimes head case Lorenzo Musetti lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just rewatched the TB in the Jazz v Donna match

I want to adopt Jazz as my daughter, we are both Italian :) makes sense

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm watching the 3rd set now and Donna, po thang is hyperventilating after giving up the lead at 4-3.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Keli @kskate2 what is it with Elena.. if it was IGA or Saba across the net, she plays like she is the BEST player at that moment on the planet. She just didn't close her out today..
I told you some time ago she is an extremely moody chick. How she plays is exactly related to how she's feeling that day. You know how some players can show up and not have their A game and find a way to win any way. Well, that's not her. The great ones walk on the court w/ I will not be denied attitude no matter what level their opponent brings. Sadly, she has all the physical weapons, but mentally she's just not there.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She should be disgusted with herself in all honesty but I guess she's played so little cos of illness, it could be worse.
Could be worse! It is worse. The fact that she is not disgusted w/ herself shows how much this stuff doesn't mean to her. She's too good and too young to become unreliable at slams. You don't want that label put you like Ons. It becomes something very difficult to overcome like serve yips.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She should be disgusted with herself in all honesty but I guess she's played so little cos of illness, it could be worse.
Her head is not in the right place Fronty she has done this too many times at GS, she has a great game as we have seen , I hope she dosent become a one slam wonder, too good for that stat

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What gets me in her presser it didnt worry her that she lost, she said she would take the positives out of the 2 weeks at Wimbledon
Come on deep down this must have hurt,
Maybe she dosent like the Fav tag, to win this years Wimbledon too much pressure for her
I mean Ons puts too much pressure everytime Wimbledon comes around This Is My Dream to win Wimbledon, take it down a notch Ons for goodness sakes
At least the stretcher wasnt warranted this year :) Tossip is relieved:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tossip

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm watching the 3rd set now and Donna, po thang is hyperventilating after giving up the lead at 4-3.
Her fitness level is not good. Obviously she works more on shot making than the movement and stamina, part of the reason why she lost yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.