2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She had this match on her racket, but played too casually when ever she had BPs in 2nd set and break up 2 times in the 3rd set. She will regret this for sure. Once in a lifetime opportunity this was.
Yes Don she had the match on her racquet and should have won in SS, I think that hand/arm injury she picked up, didnt help and mentally she got tired when it mattered most

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I felt sorry for Donna it was so near and yet so faraway.This is going to hurt so bad.

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She had this match on her racket, but played too casually when ever she had BPs in 2nd set and break up 2 times in the 3rd set. She will regret this for sure. Once in a lifetime opportunity this was.
ACTUALLY i THOUGHT JAS .,way too passively leading into the TBR but she was going to win the match in the tbr.. I was really impressed by Vekic who really outplayed Jasmine the majority of the match but Jasmine keep extended the points which is critical. I think the over head that Jasmine made Donna hit around the net was crucial.. It would have probably been her match if she converted that point . I think Donna was gassed and out of energy.. Great tennis

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont like Jas chances vs Rybakina in the final .. It probably will be like the RG final.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Anything other than Rybakina to win the title would be a huge surprise.
It all depends on how she rolls out the bed today and Sat. If she's engaged and focused, she will dominate anybody across from her. If she rolls out on the wrong side, she will be an unfocused, scratchy and undisciplined UFE machine.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
lol, I know. There's not enough time to digest between yesterday's ladies QFs and today's ladies SF. I liked the way Wimbledon used to do it, with the ladies playing Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Yesterday's coverage had a hole in it with one men's QF being cancelled. In the old format, we would have gotten more tennis coverage with 3 men's QFs being played.
If you remember, this all changed when they instituted play on the middle Sun. They got rid of the greatest day in tennis history which was all R16 matches being played on Mon. All women had to come back the next day and play QF on Tues, SF on Thurs, F on Sat

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Donna is not aiming for the jugular and it might cost her the match. No killer instinct.
You alluded to it earlier. No killer instinct is why she plays so many 3 setters. The champions know when close it down and get off the court.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
If you remember, this all changed when they instituted play on the middle Sun. They got rid of the greatest day in tennis history which was all R16 matches being played on Mon. All women had to come back the next day and play QF on Tues, SF on Thurs, F on Sat
I get that, but Wimbledon didn't need to radically change the 2nd week schedule and become like the rest of the slams. All they needed to do was split the R16 into two days, with all the women's matches on Sunday and all the men's matches on Monday, then proceed as normal.

But back to topic, Barbora wins the 2nd set 6-3 and forces a 3rd set.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I dont like Jas chances vs Rybakina in the final .. It probably will be like the RG final.
Not necessarily. Believe it or not, I think Jaz leads the H2H and earlier this year there were some walkovers before she was to play Jaz. There's something about Jaz's ball that puts Elena off her game.

Status
Not open for further replies.