2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Keli @kskate2 what is it with Elena.. if it was IGA or Saba across the net, she plays like she is the BEST player at that moment on the planet. She just didn't close her out today..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just woke up What The Hell Happened to Elena
I thought I would have a little nap after Jaz match and just woke up
Jesus Barbora rose again she has a habit of doing this?
She has played crap all year and gets into a Wimbledon final
I have recorded the match, will look later
I am in Shock and will need a strong coffee

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This was their first meeting on grass Fronty, I have recorded the match, I am still in shock
Yeah the oddsmakers had it 77% or so for Rybakina but they obviously were banking on her losing. I haven't done any bets in over a year but should have backed Krejcikova as I thought she might win and she did.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah the oddsmakers had it 77% or so for Rybakina but they obviously were banking on her losing. I haven't done any bets in over a year but should have backed Krejcikova as I thought she might win and she did.
I knew this would be a tricky match for Elena, Barbora has done this before at RG got to the final and won

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Some comment from YouTube on the highlights and it's spot on. "This match proves yet again that women’s tennis is ruled mostly by unforced errors. Rybakina was on fire while she was not making errors. Then toward the end of the first set, she started slipping… and the trickle of errors turned gradually into a torrent. And the match was lost."

Saw the stats and they weren't good. Matches like this are lost instead of won.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elena had 37 UFE to Barbora 26 UFE for the whole match
Elena to date at Wimbledon has Never posted such terrible UFE
Regardless of having the best serve in womens tennis , strong ball striker, you cant start becoming a UFE machine and expect to win
Babs is also a very strategic player,crafty and sneaky would be the correct words to describe her play
Babs has played crap all year, so in ways getting to a Wimbledon final is just bizarre
Elena will have to lot to think about the way she lost this match, mentally went away when it was time for her to Be Strong

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think just like last year there's gonna be a surprise winner.The women's draw is wide open and anyone can walk through that door.I just don't want to see crybaby Ons in the final..woe me I deserve a slam.. fu Ons.
I guessed right

Reactions: kskate2

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I dont think so I thought Jazz had a good chance, it is Barbora who has played crap at year and got into the final, Jazz has to beware of Babs
I hope Jazzy is rested and ready to rockandroll.I still believe that even if Rybakina had beaten Krejcekova, she was gonna lose to Jas.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope Jazzy is rested and ready to rockandroll.I still believe that even if Rybakina had beaten Krejcekova, she was gonna lose to Jas.
As you know I picked Elena to win like most people,.this title was on her racquet after Saba withdrews, though when it mattered she went away mentally
We know Jazz wont go away mentally when she plays Babs,

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I guessed right
You could argue that Paolini might have slipped through the cracks (even then, she's made back-to-back slam finals and will be ranked #5 on Monday), but Krejcikova definitely earned her way there. She beat out the favorite, in Rybakina (the #4 seed and former Wimbledon Champion), to play for the title. If Krejcikova wins the title, she would have more than earned it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You could argue that Paolini might have slipped through the cracks (even then, she's made back-to-back slam finals and will be ranked #5 on Monday), but Krejcikova definitely earned her way there. She beat out the favorite, in Rybakina (the #4 seed and former Wimbledon Champion), to play for the title. If Krejcikova wins the title, she would have more than earned it.
Sorry I disagree with Babs winning the title and deserved it, have you seen her play this year it has been CRAP, I dont think your watch many womens matches to begin with besides Cocos
Babs has done this before at RG came from nowhere and won the title, you tell me what really has she done this year Nothing
Babs only found some form beating Osta, who we know can go off and Collins who is not known for her grass court play also had a walk over?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.