2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She has just withdrawn due to her shoulder injury, she did say in her presser before, she was struggling to be 100% I am not surprised.
It was the right decision. Saba game is dependent on her sheer RAW power which neutralizes his opponents into a very defensive position.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emina Bektas v Erica Andreeva is moving from court No 1 to court 18
Martina Trevisan v Madison Keys on No 1 court

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She has just withdrawn due to her shoulder injury, she did say in her presser before, she was struggling to be 100% I am not surprised.
It's a good idea to rest that shoulder before it turns into yips. She did overuse that shoulder during the clay season,and wishing her a speedy recovery because she has a lot to defend during the US hardcourt swing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a good idea to rest that shoulder before it turns into yips. She did overuse that shoulder during the clay season,and wishing her a speedy recovery because she has a lot to defend during the US hardcourt swing.
She had SF points to defend here at Wimby and did her shoulder in injury at a grass tournament last week sad to say and retired in the match

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Etaterina Alexandrova has withdrawn due to illness has been replaced by Reneta Zarazua LL
Emma Raducanu will now play Reneta Zarazua, was due to play Alexandrova
Emma match will now move to CC

Last edited:
  • Sad

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
With Saba's withdrawal the bottom half of the draw is now wide open
Yes this tourney is wide open and anyone can sneak in and win.Those days are gone when it was a given that Kvitty,Kerber or say Serena would be in the second week. There is no dominant grasscourt player in this present generation like how Iga is on clay.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes this tourney is wide open and anyone can sneak in and win.Those days are gone when it was a given that Kvitty,Kerber or say Serena would be in the second week. There is no dominant grasscourt player in this present generation like how Iga is on clay.
True there are a very few players presently that can play well on grass, since Serena left, Kitty is pregnant on leave, Kerber, coming back from having a baby and I am not sure we will see her playing like she used to, its like a tranistion period on grass for players to prove themselves on grass

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't like this lazy girl and she is looking for a moment like in New York. I hope that other players would train an eagle eye on her,before she sneaks in to the second week.
According to Mats Medicated Wilander, apparently the drugs are not working for Mats at present, he thinks Emma can win Wimbledon LOL!

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Part of the problem is that the serve is becoming a lost art in the women's game. Kvitova, Kerber, Venus, and Serena were very good servers, who were consistent. We don't have that type of player today. (Coco could become one if she was more consistent with her serve.) A good serve is a huge advantage at tournaments like Wimbledon and the US Open. Without that, those tournaments are going to be wide open on the women's side.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Part of the problem is that the serve is becoming a lost art in the women's game. Kvitova, Kerber, Venus, and Serena were very good servers, who were consistent. We don't have that type of player today. (Coco could become one if she was more consistent with her serve.) A good serve is a huge advantage at tournaments like Wimbledon and the US Open. Without that, those tournaments are going to be wide open on the women's side.
Hello have you not seen Rybakina who is the leading server in the WTA at present, Saba also has a great serve, I mean I could go on with good servers at present,
It is not always about the serve on grass, you have to have a good transition game to the net, be able to slice properly and have solid volleys for grass, a serve can only get you so far, a good returner on grass will have you in trouble asap

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at the bottom half of the draw,with Saba out it also helps Coco, now she has a real chance to do well at Wimbledon this year, she has never got past the round of 16 at Wimbledon