2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good you are being cautious about betting on Coco especially with the servicing demons inside her head.. She does have a favorable draw. I see Miss Baby Face is in the middle of her half and probably will get thru a few rounds to face Keys again. Keys has to say this is her best chance to get to the final. Only Coco and Saba are all around BETTER tennis players than her.
I think you forgot Rybakina? she is great on the grass and has to be up there as one of the strong contenders to win Wimbledon again, she is also the WTA top server., Rybakina also has a favorable draw at Wimbledon this year?
BTW Gauff is yet to advance past the round of 16 at Wimbledon

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at this list of players with the most winners at women's singles Grand Slams during 2024 ( so far)

Sabalenka 309
Zheng 276
Kostyuk 268
Swiatek 263
Paolini 239

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think you forgot Rybakina? she is great on the grass and has to be up there as one of the strong contenders to win Wimbledon again, she is also the WTA top server., Rybakina also has a favorable draw at Wimbledon this year?
No No I was just looking at CoCo half of the draw. Everyone knows Rybakina is one of my favorites but she needs to start winning again consistently before Keli dubs her as another one of AP's scrubs.. Be quiet this post might get pass her. jajaja

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at this list of players with the most winners at women's singles Grand Slams during 2024 ( so far)

Sabalenka 309
Zheng 276
Kostyuk 268
Swiatek 263
Paolini 239
I'm not surprised by those numbers, Sabalenka is by far must see tv..I have to give her credit, she has great problem solving skills. It very rarely that she looses in straight sets. I would think that most payers do not sleep well the night before an encounter vs her. However, I am surprised by Paulini numbers being so high be such a shorter player. I guess with her , SIZE DOESNT MATTER. jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Wim Fissette ( Osaaka's coach)

" For me Naomi was competing to win 1 of the 2 hard court slams in her 1st career. I believe in the future, in the next 5 years, she will compete to win 1 of the 4 Grand Slams.We will go to all the slams now where we believe we have a chance"

If you are going to slams right now where you both believe you have a chance, that would be AO and USO no?
Osaka did play RG and has played lead up grass tournaments prior to Wimbledon, still she is a long way off to be competitive, her transition and volley game on the grass is missing for starters, she has the serve no doubt, she hasnt really tried to improve those areas at all., playing doubles will enhance her singles game another area she choose not to participate in.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not surprised by those numbers, Sabalenka is by far must see tv..I have to give her credit, she has great problem solving skills. It very rarely that she looses in straight sets. I would think that most payers do not sleep well the night before an encounter vs her. However, I am surprised by Paulini numbers being so high be such a shorter player. I guess with her , SIZE DOESNT MATTER. jajaja
I am not surprised Saba is leading the list, Jazz especially on a HC regardless of her size can punch out those winners

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If I was coaching any player or was trying to find a new coach. I would suggest foot work drills that Iga is probably able to complete. Yes, everyone can't move like IGA but you can work on taking the quick little steps to put foot to ball to always be able to give yourself ample to time to prepare for your stroke shot. Keys and Naomi need to improve on theirs. Coco footwork is fantastic but not as strategic as Iga.. @don_fabio Don_fabio Does this make sense to you?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 1 Round 1, July 1, 2024

1719774778574.png

1719774932954.png

1719775000880.png

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rybakina can be vulnerable to unknown players.This year she lost to Blinkova and Paolini,she can wake up with an ailment or just have a bad day at the office.This year she has been very vulnerable .
This year it's still wide open,and if Kerber was still very active I would put her name down as a contender because she is a true grasscourter. I think a lot has to work out to win Wimbledon. housing,practice time,court assignments and weather.
Czech players are good on grass too.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina can be vulnerable to unknown players.This year she lost to Blinkova and Paolini,she can wake up with an ailment or just have a bad day at the office.This year she has been very vulnerable .
This year it's still wide open,and if Kerber was still very active I would put her name down as a contender because she is a true grasscourter. I think a lot has to work out to win Wimbledon. housing,practice time,court assignments and weather.
Czech players are good on grass too.
Well if Miss Moody shows her real game on the grass, in my eyes she is one of the players to beat at this years Wimbledon, she gets soo many free points on her serve alone, she has effortless power on both wings and just a great ball striker, she does have a favorable draw, Kerber is yesterdays lunch, still struggling to find her game after having a baby

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gosh there are soo many good 1st round matches!
Azarenka vs Stephens
Pliskova vs Shnaider who won Bad Homburg tournament and can play on the grass, great fhand
Andreescu vs Cristian
Townsend vs Plavyuchenkova
Badosa vs Muchova
Interested to see how Saba goes with her injured shoulder in her 1st rd match against Bektas (USA) she was one of my favs to win Wimbledon she has a favorable draw as well, shame about her injured shoulder
Osaka vs Parry, Osaka returns to Wimbledon after 5 years.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Azarenka vs Stephens
Pliskova vs Shnaider who won Bad Homburg tournament and can play on the grass, great fhand
Andreescu vs Cristian
Badosa vs Muchova
Interested to see how Saba goes with her injured shoulder in her 1st rd match against Bektas (USA) she was one of my favs to win Wimbledon she has a favorable draw as well, shame about her injured shoulder
Osaka vs Parry
I hope Muchova is ready to make some noise.Osaka is really an unknown quantity on Wimbledon grass.Pavluychencova is good on grass,Azarenka and Scone can be hot and cold, Pliscova was once a force of nature on grass.I have never really watched Saba on grass.
Tomorrow is a holiday and will have all the time to watch most matches.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope Muchova is ready to make some noise.Osaka is really an unknown quantity on Wimbledon grass.Pavluychencova is good on grass,Azarenka and Scone can be hot and cold, Pliscova was once a force of nature on grass.I have never really watched Saba on grass.
Tomorrow is a holiday and will have all the time to watch most matches.
I love watching Muchova, sad her career has been stopped because of injuries, she is a Top Ten player and got back to the Top Ten last year before she had wrist injury, her game translates on all surfaces, hopefully after the wrist surgery earlier this year, she can remain injury free.
After watching Scone with her dismal performance against Raducanu, getting a bagel in the 2nd set, who knows how she will turn up,
Pavs has also had her injury woes, yep she is good on grass, Azarenka can be a question mark on grass
Saba's game to me can translate to all surfaces, her serve gives her soo many free points to begin with

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Azarenka vs Stephens
Andreescu vs Cristian
Badosa vs Muchova
Osaka vs Parry
I'm going with Sloane and Kamau Murray in 3 set over noisy Vika..One thing about Sloane she is not a screamer...( Bad AP jajaja )

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm going with Sloane and Kamau Murray in 3 set over noisy Vika..One thing about Sloane she is not a screamer...( Bad AP jajaja )
Depends if Scone turns up No Way! not after that disgraceful effort in the 2nd set against Raducanu
If Sloane turns up I can see the upset
Actually this is their first meeting on grass, Vika leads their H2H 5-4

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I love watching Muchova, sad her career has been stopped because of injuries, she is a Top Ten player and got back to the Top Ten last year before she had wrist injury, her game translates on all surfaces, hopefully after the wrist surgery earlier this year, she can remain injury free.
After watching Scone with her dismal performance against Raducanu, getting a bagel in the 2nd set, who knows how she will turn up,
Pavs has also had her injury woes, yep she is good on grass, Azarenka can be a question mark on grass
Saba's game to me can translate to all surfaces, her serve gives her soo many free points to begin with
W/ a shoulder problem, Saba may find her serve isn't as effective. Then she's in real trouble. You don't want to have to rally on grass every point for 2-3 sets.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
W/ a shoulder problem, Saba may find her serve isn't as effective. Then she's in real trouble. You don't want to have to rally on grass every point for 2-3 sets.
She has just withdrawn due to her shoulder injury, she did say in her presser before, she was struggling to be 100% I am not surprised.

Last edited: