2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Well, just in case Emma Raducanu's tennis career doesn't pan out, at least she finished her schooling and will have a diploma to fall back on.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wimbledon womens 4th round set,

Putintseva v Ostapenko
Rybakina v Kalinskaya
Collins v Krejcikova
Svitolina v Wang Xinyu

Sun Q vs Raducanu WC
Paolini vs Keys
Gauff v Navarro
Badosa vs Vekic

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First time Coco has had some competition in Narravo I loved the way she dismantled Osaka' game
Barbora got a life line to the rd of 16 with her opponent retiring, The Banshee to win
Keys v Jazz a contrast in styles I love the way Maddy has been winning in SS and has been under the radar
Vekic could win in 3 sets against Badosa
Emma R in a easy match against the Q Sun, her draw opened up with Saba withdrawing
Svitolina impressive today against Ons should have not trouble with her next opponent Xinyu
Osta when on hit her opponent off the court, as long as she keeps her margins intact she be able to defeat Poot, this match is my Popcorn Match!

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have penko,kalinskaya.Raducanu,Collins
Paolini,Gauff,Badosa Svitolina....wishful thinking

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga's plans for next year after RG is to take vacation and do nothing, sounds like a plan Iga!

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I remember Putinsteva taking out Osaka in 2018, who was a 1st seed at a time. Not too much suprised that she was able to beat Iga now, another 1st seed. Both Iga and Osaka don't play very well on grass and are there for the taking.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Not a surprise Iga went out. I just laughed at all the commie's calling her the fave and she hadn't even played a tune up. One day she has to get serious about it if she wants to conquer it. The ATG's can play on anything. Serena is a prime example of someone who stunk on the dirt. Once she got that monkey off her back, she actually completed the channel slam twice and 2016 was an RG finalist before winning Wimby her final time.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I have penko,kalinskaya.Raducanu,Collins
Paolini,Gauff,Badosa Svitolina....wishful thinking
This whole Emma resurgence is all Jess's fault. Because she went on her typical walkabout mid-match, she allowed herself to get clipped by this chick who had never beaten a top 10. I'm actually calling the upset. She will completely underestimate Sun. Be overconfident and get stunned. I already did not like her, but today she showed me I was right with that disappearing act she pulled on Muzz, it's bad for business. She will be shown the door soon.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 7 Round 4, July 7, 2024

1720329897800.png

1720329966725.png

1720330038708.png

1720330085310.png

1720330130833.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco Gauff (2) vs Emma Navarro (19) this is their first meeting on grass, though Gauff leads their H2H 1-0 on a HC.
Gauff has lost just 10 games across 3 matches though Navvaro will be her first Top 50 opponent
I havent been able to gauge Coco's form as yet, her wins have come with ease against easy opponents, but I like the way Emma won her match against Osaka and has the skills on grass.,she has made steady improvements in her game so far this year

Q Lulu Sun vs WC Emma Raducanu
The New Zealander qualifer, her first Wimbledon main draw, just her 2nd as a slam overall, stunned 8th seed Zheng in her first round match and hasnt looked back.
Maybe the question mark for Raducanu is the health of her wrist? at the last minute she withdrew yesterday to play mixed doubles with Andy Murray citing a 'stiff wrist ? I would advise Raducanu not to take Sun lightly or she could find herself out of Wimbledon.

Can you believe that Madison Keys, whose game I feel is made for grass is yet to make a SF? Madison has been under the radar this week not losing a set through the first week.Madison will play the ever smiling Italian Jazz Paolini who has again translated her game to grass, she has the variety in her game, it is a contrast in styles between Madison and Jazz, a match I am looking forward to.

Paula Badosa v Donna Vekic
Badosa is into the 2nd week of a slam for the first time in 2 years, since suffering career threatening stress back fracture, she plays Donna Vekic who loves the grass and recently was in the final at Bad Homburg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This whole Emma resurgence is all Jess's fault. Because she went on her typical walkabout mid-match, she allowed herself to get clipped by this chick who had never beaten a top 10. I'm actually calling the upset. She will completely underestimate Sun. Be overconfident and get stunned. I already did not like her, but today she showed me I was right with that disappearing act she pulled on Muzz, it's bad for business. She will be shown the door soon.
Good post.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The all American match is a good test for both. Neither has played anyone as good on grass as the other so far. The issue for Emma: can she hold serve enough to stay w/ Coco? If she doesn't this could go quickly in SS.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All the fourth round matches are going to be good.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Keys isnt going to win this match or this title.. Just got broken on her server after being up 40-15. Just doesnt possess the killer instinct for the duration of a tennis match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jazz has to cut out her ufe the reason she is down in the 2nd set
Madiosn serving for the 2nd set and broken back on serve with Jazz to serve

Status
Not open for further replies.