2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Last ladies singles match between Vekic and Yastremska (28) is in a TB for the 2nd set
Vekic won the 1st set 76(4)
Going 3 sets, as Yastemska won the 2nd set 76(3)
I didnt know that Yastemska is working with Marion Bartoli as her coach, though she has gone through coaches in the past
Vekic is working still with Pam Shriver

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vekic d Yastremska (28) 76(4) 67(3) 61 to advance to the round of 16

Good to see all the bottom half matches were concluded today

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena in her tribute to Andy Murray,

" I've always enjoyed watching you - one of the main reasons is because you were one of the few players who would be more angry than me on the court, and you may have had an attitude just like mine, let' say".

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena in her tribute to Andy Murray,

" I've always enjoyed watching you - one of the main reasons is because you were one of the few players who would be more angry than me on the court, and you may have had an attitude just like mine, let' say".
Andy has always been supportive of the sisters when they were being criticizedfor everything that they did.He understood when they stood up for themselves...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just pointing out that Madison Keys is yet to drop a set advancing the the round of 16, under the radar so far in this tournament

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Top Half of the Draw, Round 3,

Probably the ' stand out ' match of the top half is O. Jabeur (10) vs E.Svitolina (21)
One of these players will lose big points, Jabeur defending finalists points and Svitolina defending SFs points from last years Wimbledon

Iga Swiatek (1) vs the tricky Y.Putintseva, the slice and dice Queen

E.Rybakina (4) vs C.Wozniacki Caroline will have to be ' on song in all departments of her game' if she wishes to defeat the former Wimbledon champion

D.Collins (11) vs B.Haddad Maia (20) The Banshee who has had a great final year, I feel has the game to upset Bea

J.Ostpaenko vs B.Pera If Jelena's game is on meaning she finds the court and watches her margins she will get the win

L.Samsona (15) vs A.Kalinskaya (17) will Jannik Sinner show up to give his GF support as he has been in her box for all her matches, I am picking Kalinskaya in a 3 set win over Samsona, Jannik could still be her good luck charm :)

I am off to work and be back for most of the matches with strong expresso in my hand

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results of matches played today,

A.Kalinskaya (17) d L.Samsonova (15) 76(4) 62 Yes Sinner was again courtside to watch his GF :)
J.Ostapenko (13) d B.Pera 61 63
B.Krejickova (31) advances to the round of 16 via retirement, Bouzas Maneiro retired, Barbora leading 6-0 4-3
X.Wang d H.Dart 26 75 63 I am certain Katie Boutler will be happy with that result :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga v Poots match on Court 1 with the roof closed and I have Ash Barty as one of my commentators :)
Of course due to the wonderful scheduling Jabeur v Svitolina about to start on CC, 'eye roll'
'

Last edited:
  • Haha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Need IGA to wipe out this lil girl so I can watch one of my Keli named scrubs Svitolina aka Mrs Monfils..

Status
Not open for further replies.