Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zverev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, Zverev chokes more than the Boston strangler. We'll soon see if he does it again.
I always ponder if his ability to choke has anything to do with his nerves based on his blood sugar energy levels. I'm surprised we haven't seen more tennis players shaking like Novak was in his match in Rome.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I always ponder if his ability to choke has anything to do with his nerves based on his blood sugar energy levels. I'm surprised we haven't seen more tennis players shaking like Novak was in his match in Rome.
Novak had a stomach virus when he was in Rome

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not a fan of Zverev, but the narrative of him choking is overblown. If he was truly a choker, he would not be in this final because he would have not beaten Nadal in the first round, let alone pull out those tight matches against Griekspoor and Rune. Zverev has also won an Olympic singles gold and several Masters. Chokers do not accomplish that. I believe that Zverev being a horrible person off the court (the reason why I can never be a fan of his) makes it hard for him to shed negative labels. Let's face it, if anyone other player went through the same run as Zverev, nobody would be calling that player a choker.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not a fan of Zverev, but the narrative of him choking is overblown. If he was truly a choker, he would not be in this final because he would have not beaten Nadal in the first round, let alone pull out those tight matches against Griekspoor and Rune. Zverev has also won an Olympic singles gold and several Masters. Chokers do not accomplish that. I believe that Zverev being a horrible person off the court (the reason why I can never be a fan of his) makes it hard for him to shed negative labels. Let's face it, if anyone other player went through the same run as Zverev, nobody would be calling that player a choker.
The entire NEXT Gen have all been proned to choking away GS matches and other ATP tour titles matches. I wonder how Osaka feels watching IGA winning so easily yesterday afterwards their last encounter..

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The entire NEXT Gen have all been proned to choking away GS matches and other ATP tour titles matches. I wonder how Osaka feels watching IGA winning so easily yesterday afterwards their last encounter..
After Iga saved MP against Osaka, she easily won matches before the final BTW, and aso in the final,I suggest you check the scores?
BTW Osaka has never got passed the 3rd round at Roland Garros., a surface she has never done well on, same with grass.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
FB_IMG_1717937943425.jpg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with AP....I don't think it's at all exaggerated. Doesn't mean he hasn't pulled it together for this tournament, and that USO, until he choked in the final. He's 27 years old, and people have been looking at him as a potential major winner for over 7 years. He's a choker more than he's not.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with AP....I don't think it's at all exaggerated. Doesn't mean he hasn't pulled it together for this tournament, and that USO, until he choked in the final. He's 27 years old, and people have been looking at him as a potential major winner for over 7 years. He's a choker more than he's not.
He probably believes more than ever that he can win a slam, but he did have a lucky escape against Griekspoor. The guy had 4:1 and a serve in 5th. Zed came back from the dead. Maybe the stars are aligned for him to win, like Cilic did that USO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
On paper, Alcaraz is the superior player and I'd expect him to win. But it also kind of seems like Zverev's moment, which evens the odds a bit. But Sascha will have to play a near-perfect match.
how many times have we seen a player at the absolute top of their game come face to face with one of the Great Ones? Some guys are just moment destroyers

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jesus 2 DFs to open his service game from Zverev, nerves a plenty

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
After Iga saved MP against Osaka, she easily won matches before the final BTW, and aso in the final,I suggest you check the scores?
BTW Osaka has never got passed the 3rd round at Roland Garros., a surface she has never done well on, same with grass.
He has the yips already.. Yikes

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, not the start that Zverev needed.

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is catching Carlos with yips on his serve, nerves from both players, which is understandable